Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup 2020/2021 (ed Pg.5 - Round 2 West Ham away)

Comments

• Options
    Would get Calvert-Lewin into this latest England squad at this rate!!
    Definitely for me. You can't really ignore an in-form striker. 
  • Options
    Arsenal beat Liverpool on penalties after it finishes 0-0. 2 much changed sides
  • Options
    If the FA do insist on the continuation of the EFL Cup (England is now the only top 5 league with a secondary cup competition).
    90 minutes then straight to penalties is the way forward.
  • Options
    If the FA do insist on the continuation of the EFL Cup (England is now the only top 5 league with a secondary cup competition).
    Hasnt this format been around for a few seasons now rather than using Extra Time before a shootout? - This season is the first that gets rid of the two legged semi-finals which I can understand
  • Options
    What was the point in playing all them rounds in September and the QF aren’t till December??
  • Options
    Hasnt this format been around for a few seasons now rather than using Extra Time before a shootout? - This season is the first that gets rid of the two legged semi-finals which I can understand
    You’re right it has. Badly worded but I was more talking about the fact that with the amount of matches being played every other major league has scrapped their 2nd cup over the past decade. I’m surprised the FA haven’t followed suit to be honest. This season of all seasons, with a massively compacted fixture list, this was the year to get rid if they had any inclination to do so.
    And whilst the cup winner gets a spot in a Europe competition (the ECL from this season) 9 times out of 10 the place ends up being rolled down to the team that finished 7th anyway.
  • Options
    What was the point in playing all them rounds in September and the QF aren’t till December??
    Guess the Champions and Europa League take over now? 
  • Options
    Yep, this.  Exactly why.
    Happy with that draw, would have taken Stoke Home or Away tbh.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Yep, this.  Exactly why.
    Happy with that draw, would have taken Stoke Home or Away tbh.
    Worked out very well for Spurs despite the odds being stacked against them. Through to the EL group stages, and the QF of the EFL Cup with an easy tie
  • Options
    Quarter final draw.

Stoke v Spurs
    Brentford v Newcastle
    Arsenal v Man City
    Everton v Man Utd

A decent draw really, you'd expect Spurs to win as i'm sure Jose will be eyeing up a chance to win this trophy, but the other 3 ties (depending on team selection) could all go either way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Tomorrow 
    Brentford v Newcastle 
    Arsenal v Man City 

Followed by the other 2 games on Wednesday 
  • Options
    Newcastle seem to be taking this more seriously than Brentford 

Only changes they made were bringing in Lewis for Dummet(just come back from injury so probably needs a rest) 
    Clark in for Fazio(not even on the bench so maybe a injury related change)
    Fraser and Murphy in for Ritchie and Joelinton

Other than that its the same squad who played Fulham.

Brentford however have got their 2nd choice keeper and dropped Toney, Mbeumo and Jensen to the bench
  • Options
    Fosu at Right-Back??? 
  • Options
    Brentford lead 1-0
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Fosu playing???  

*edit - see that’s unfair as he’s played 22 games for Brentford in his year, was never sure about him but seems to have got more reliable
  • Options
    Weak bench for City tonight:

SUBS: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Sterling, Gundogan, Aguero, Torres
  • Options
    Fosu at Right-Back??? 
    I think he played there on Saturday as well
  • Options
    Jesus scores for City, well he likes this time of year
  • Options
    City 3-1 ahead

Looks like theynare joining Brentford in the semi finals, 2 more teams to follow tomorrow 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    That cross was a thing of beauty
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plucky little Arsenal's cup run is coming to an end...

It still feels bizarre that Arsenal losing 4-1 to a City missing KDB and Sterling is what you'd expect rather than a terrible day for Arsenal
  • Options
    Both Morgan Fox and Jordan Cousins playing for Stoke in the League Cup

Just gone 1-0 down to Spurs (Gareth Bale)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Looks like Morgan might have to come off injured - Yup, replaced after 30mins
  • Options
    2,000 fans at Everton tonight.

Majority of places going into Tier 4
    Christmas plans cancelled for most.

But 2,000 fans still going into football tonight 

As much as I love football, sometimes you sit there and think it just needs to be put on the back foot for a bit, especially with this new strain of Covid around 
  • Options

As much as I love football, sometimes you sit there and think it just needs to be put on the back foot for a bit, especially with this new strain of Covid around 
    Your having a laugh.
    A week ago 2000 of our fans would of happily been at the valley.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Your having a laugh.
    A week ago no one in England was in tier 4 and Christmas plans hadnt changed.

Now, London are in Tier 4, most of England have been told to move to tier 4 on Boxing Day and Christmas plans have had to change everywhere.

I just think sometimes things are more important than football
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    clb74 said:

Your having a laugh.

Now, London are in Tier 4, most of England have been told to move to tier 4 on Boxing Day and Christmas plans have had to change everywhere.

I see it similar to those who have been told they'll go into T4 after Christmas compared to those of us who are already in T4 and have to spend Christmas alone - If you're lucky enough to be in a region that means you can have family over for Christmas then I say enjoy it whilst you can provided you're sensible

(Daily Mail are already trying to drum up anger, writing articles asking why those already in T4 wont get a Christmas, yet those going into T4 from Boxing Day will)

Same with those getting to go to Football at the moment, if everyone in the region is abiding by the rules and are keeping the COVID numbers down then I dont see the problem with them being able to attend
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Your having a laugh.
    You’re*
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    clb74 said:

Your having a laugh.

Today Liverpool had 180/100000.
    Greenwich last Wednesday had 290/100000 cases.
    43% of the country
    Imo fans shouldn't of even been allowed back at the beginning of December.
    Not sure if you had a ticket to the rovers game or Afc.

• Options
    Is it straight to penalties tonight?