Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hermes - worst company ever?

Comments

• Options
     follett said:
    I once spent one of my summer breaks from Uni working in a Hermes distribution centre. It was shocking. We were trained to throw stuff into the lorry as fast as possible and with no thought that it'd damage the product and if we took care and placed things down we would get shouted at for not meeting targets.
    There was also a whiteboard that was regularly updated to show how many arrests there had been on site each month (staff would commonly open packages and steal items if it was of value), it was commonly in the double digits.
    Avoid Hermes if you can.

What was the best and most valuable thing you managed to swipe?    ;)
  • Options
    I would say ESI are worse than Hermes - version 1, version 2 or version anything.
  • Options
    Try dealing with FIAT warranty, Had a MITO with a miss fire, Engine ECU knackered. Took nearly 2 months too sort, nightmare. 
  • Options
    Try dealing with FIAT warranty, Had a MITO with a miss fire, Engine ECU knackered. Took nearly 2 months too sort, nightmare. 
    FIAT, fix it again tomorrow.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Not just delivery, collection as well. 

They were meant to pick up a returned package on 3 August. Didn’t happen. Complained twice and was eventually told they were sorry and would pick up on 10 August. 

Surprise surprise, no one turned up.  Another series of complaints, apologies again and stated they would pick up on 13 August by 8pm latest ... which amazingly actually happened ... but not until 10pm. 
    Took them 10 days and numerous reminders before they collected the package for return. 

The company to which it was being returned had asked me where the package was ... they just informed me they received it an hour ago from Hermes. So after taking 10 days to collect, it took them a further 6 days to deliver the item. 

Bloody useless
  • Options
    Panic over email to say coming today,and they did about 3pm. Perhaps I worried for no reason.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Panic over email to say coming today,and they did about 3pm. Perhaps I worried for no reason.
    If you're lucky you might have a decent local courier - seem to vary massively.

Their customer service in the event of a problem is pretty amazing.....
  • Options
    It was two ladies in a car,no van.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    It was two ladies in a car,no van.
    Any cups?
  • Options
    Hermes or should I say Evri have failed to deliver 3 packages in the last 10 days with various excuses.

The icing on the cake was that today they were due to deliver a package at between 16.30 and 18.30. They gave a delivery update at 17.27 to say that they had tried to deliver the package but there was no one in and no safe place to put it. The issue was that is that not only was I sitting about two yards from my front door at the alleged time of delivery but that I also have a camera/bell and unless they use the invisible man to deliver, it did not happen (I would expect that person to be picked up by the motion detector anyway so I wouldn't believe that if they told me),

So I phoned John Lewis and spoke to a very nice gentleman in Morocco called Mohammed (congratulated him on his country's efforts at the WC) who informed me that, according to their system, it was delivered on the 17th. Evri cannot even be consistent with their lies.

The other two packages from M & S haven't turned up either and they were meant to be delivered last Monday but because of bad weather Evri couldn't do so. But DHL did the same day and no attempt has been made since. 

What an absolute shower!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Evri are just legalised thieves. 
  • Options
    Investigation launched after huge sackfuls of Evri parcels found dumped in Beacon Road, Chatham (kentonline.co.uk) - this is from early December, someone has been arrested apparently. I've also seen similar stories from other areas. 
  • Options
    I wonder if Vandana is a bot, to be honest. 
  • Options
    two parcels from Evri coming to us have been “lost” in transit in the last 2 weeks. Refunds requested!
  • Options
    Still waiting on a package ordered a month ago. Floor length curtains I could only get online. Will probably have to cancel but will give them until the new year.
  • Options
    Have to say that, as yet, we have been lucky with Hermes/Evri. Not had a package go missing and we currently have a very friendly smiley delivery man that knocks and waits rather than just chucking it at the door and leaving in plain sight.
    I'm sure our time will come. 
  • Options
    Evri are shit, Hermes were shit and a special mention to Yodel who are also thieving bastards (and shit)
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Have to say that, as yet, we have been lucky with Hermes/Evri. Not had a package go missing and we currently have a very friendly smiley delivery man that knocks and waits rather than just chucking it at the door and leaving in plain sight.
    I'm sure our time will come. 
    This. Probably depends to a large extent on your delivery driver. Like you, our Hermes/Evri delivery lady is great -  even gave her a £10 Christmas box! But if she ever leaves then I suspect I will be moaning like everyone else!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This. Probably depends to a large extent on your delivery driver. Like you, our Hermes/Evri delivery lady is great -  even gave her a £10 Christmas box! But if she ever leaves then I suspect I will be moaning like everyone else!
    We did the same for our Evri lady this year.  She's delivered for them/Hermes for a few years and always manages to deliver at the expected time, despite stopping for a quick chat at many houses.  Both Evri and DPD are the most reliable in our experience.

• Options
    Evri have just delivered a £200 present I bought by dumping it outside the outside Ladies loo of my local pub. To rub it in, they've sent me a photo of it
  • Options

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Crap joke deletion.

Don't thank me.
  • Options
    What is key with Hermes is the person who does the deliveries. My current one is very good and reliable, the one before that was a nightmare. I avoided them when he was doing it but am happy to use them now.
    True this
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever dealt with a worst company. Their delivery service is utterly useless - they deliver things broken, fail to deliver at agreed time, claim they've completed a delivery when they haven't and are impossible to contact. They deserve a prize for being so useless and having such terrible customer service.

I'm unclear why anyone would ever use them for delivery....
    Ask yourself why Father Christmas doesn't use them.  And nor do his elves.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    kafka said:
    Evri have just delivered a £200 present I bought by dumping it outside the outside Ladies loo of my local pub. To rub it in, they've sent me a photo of it
    Mystery drunk man reaching for beer in THAT viral New Years Eve photo  cant remember being there - Mirror Online
    Your parcel has been delivered.
  • Options
    I fully understand that the ability of the driver to do their job is a major factor. The issue seems to some when they can't deliver it on the day, for whatever reason, and it gors back to the warehouse. Then it hits the black hole because Evri  treat it as a "we'll deliver it tomorrow item" but tomorrow never comes. The backlog started at Black Friday and because of the Royal Mail strike more and more has been re-directed. Take your pick, though, from these though as to what else happens:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/evri-delivery-probe-after-sackfuls-of-parcels-dumped-278464/?fbclid=IwAR2MooZwaG1ztR3i--CNMgAmqaOEf3bdeU1wCNJY5dMUo3SHjZv9-xq1kWc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-63971681?fbclid=IwAR0tX8ng5FYDx6ShGh0dh5BFm76xMrOQu0MtT2TzSJ4yIjpaTcqjOEdH-TU

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/evri-driver-steals-christmas-gifts-7945033?fbclid=IwAR274TSwZw-5sr0KFqJTQd-NheCw23cTEMZyQXPcSzfubw1iBRxhaag2UL4
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    Still waiting on a package ordered a month ago. Floor length curtains I could only get online. Will probably have to cancel but will give them until the new year.
    Surely all curtains are floor length?
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    johnny73 said:
    Surely all curtains are floor length?
    Er,no.