Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club For A Quid protest (Aug 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Great interview,  well done all involved. 

• Options
    Addickted said:
    We really are a unique bunch us Charlton fans. Not many clubs would have hundreds of fans break into their stadium, pile down pitch side and the respectfully file carefully around the perimeter to ensure no one went on the pitch. I didn’t see a single foot cross the line. 

I was one of the last to leave the pitchside area and I’ve photos of the media backboard that clearly doesn’t have any damage in them so wonder what the supposed damage was. All that was happening was kids having their photos in front of it. 
    You must have just missed the three big blokes with a pick axe and spades desecrating the pitch and the media board being used as target practice by mates of @SE7toSG3 with a 25 pounder.

Absolute disgrace the Club releasing that statement and no amount of 'toning down' (from what? Arson? Raping and pillaging?) justifies either it's virtual immediate release or the accusations made without an opportunity for those there to respond.

Still no update as to what has subsequently occurred, just a tweet from Mick Everett saying the games console has been returned. Where's the 'official' press release update @Ollywozere?
    Agreed, I still believe that the club’s media release - which is the quickest thing I’ve seen this club do in years - could have left the description as “damage”, there was no need for the exact details, and that was surely only mentioned to shine a bad light on the fantastic work of the fans yesterday. 

I’d say that the SMT were embarrassed by yesterday and how much superb media attention the event reached, and the console being stolen was a perfect opportunity for them to get some media time too. 
    Yup, couldn’t agree more ... diversionary tactics by the SMT 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    We really are a unique bunch us Charlton fans. Not many clubs would have hundreds of fans break into their stadium, pile down pitch side and the respectfully file carefully around the perimeter to ensure no one went on the pitch. I didn’t see a single foot cross the line. 

I was one of the last to leave the pitchside area and I’ve photos of the media backboard that clearly doesn’t have any damage in them so wonder what the supposed damage was. All that was happening was kids having their photos in front of it. 
    You must have just missed the three big blokes with a pick axe and spades desecrating the pitch and the media board being used as target practice by mates of @SE7toSG3 with a 25 pounder.

Absolute disgrace the Club releasing that statement and no amount of 'toning down' (from what? Arson? Raping and pillaging?) justifies either it's virtual immediate release or the accusations made without an opportunity for those there to respond.

Still no update as to what has subsequently occurred, just a tweet from Mick Everett saying the games console has been returned. Where's the 'official' press release update @Ollywozere?
    Not gonna happen because it doesn’t suit their agenda 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sorry I couldn't make yesterday due to work but was good to see it reported on the news when I got back. What Farnell and Eliott are trying to do requires publicity and exposure to fight it. It isn't just about our club here. They are leeches and need booting out of the game full stop! Well done to all those involved.
  • Options
    Sincerely hope that if Thomas does manage to gain control of us then he will be made aware of the weasel burger boy and his scummy behaviour since he's been at the club. Doubt he'll be strutting about the place like a puffed up pigeon after. Back to flipping dog burgers shithead
  • Options
    Each to their own @PalaceHater i respect your view and you’ll never please all the people all the time. For many years Charlton fans were the most activist and headline-makingly respected throughout the football world, yet criticised by other Charlton fans for not being edgy enough. That edge is now there and predictably some don’t like it. 

The games console was wrong, I suspect down to just one individual getting carried away after a few beers, and has quickly been rectified I understand. An away support should not be wholly criticised because one twerp threw a smoke bomb.

We move on. Yesterday was clearly a huge success. From fears of just a few dozen turning up for a pointless protest, 500-1000 turned out and through various actions generated press and awareness all the way up the media chain to the BBC, ITV and Sky at the very top. No one got abused, no one got hurt, a minor incident has been blown out of proportion and promptly rectified. 

Less headline making, but it felt fantastic to be back at The Valley again with fellow fans. The sun shone down on our beautiful ground and I think every single person come away feeling better for it and reminded of just how much Charlton Athletic means to them and their lives. 

I think the guy who hands out promotes should get a promote.

Devon holiday prevented us going, but I’m proud of and inspired by the lot of you that did.
  • Options
    Who the heck is Keohane?!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Who the heck is Keohane?!
    Tony Keohane, the clubs Chief Operating Officer.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tony-keohane-8664567b
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be careful where you go with this folks, he has previous 😉
  • Options
    The damage referred to is people going on the pitch, which the ground staff specifically asked people not to do. With such a short amount of time till the start of the season it can damage the surface, now it wasn’t a huge amount of traffic but even still. 
    There was a nasty brown track running the length of the pitch about two yards in on the west side - that's not from fans but how did that get there?
  • Options
    Don’t be to Eager to forget his sidekick. 😉
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Don’t be to Eager to forget his sidekick. 😉
    They’re the professionals, not the amateurs.
    Better?

Burger Boy in the white hat?
  • Options
    Where did you get that photo of our Tone he’s notoriously camera shy. 
  • Options
    Where did you get that photo of our Tone he’s notoriously camera shy. 
    Hadn’t realised quite how camera shy ... do a google search for images and there are scarcely any ... quite strange for the ‘COO’ of a public facing company.