Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club For A Quid protest (Aug 2020)

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
I know its been mentioned in the bonkers thread but feel it deserves a thread of its own(and a play on words on the title instead of kids for a quid)

https://www.castrust.org/2020/08/bring-1-to-the-valley-on-saturday-at-noon/

Comments

• Options

This event has been organised by a cohesive group of Charlton fans and is supported by CAST alongside CARD and Fans4Fans.

Bid for a Quid & Bought for a Pound! - Join the Charlton Family to take back our club.

£1 -  how far does it stretch these days?

• 4.7 chips at a Valley kiosk (based on claims of 14 chips per portion)
    • Just under a litre of unleaded fuel for your Range Rover* (if a Costco member)
    • The right to claim ownership of Charlton Athletic Football Club

£1 may not go far for most of us, yet ESI’s £1 investment in ‘our club’ has stretched the realms of audacity and credibility. Since their 'bid a quid' takeover in January 2020 we the supporters - the life and soul of the football club - have witnessed an endless stream of chancers, bluffers and liars sullying our good name whilst lining their own pockets.
    Unnecessary relegation, transfer embargos, even the failure to meet the extremely low bar of EFL approval - it is fair to say no-one has come out of this insulting sham of ownership with any credit.
    Now as the internal petty bickering shifts from social media to court injunctions, enough is enough.

It is our turn to claim the club for a pound.

We are urging supporters, young and old, to attend the Valley next Saturday, 22 August at 1200 where we will claim back our club for one hour.
    The message is simple. It's a family orientated, law abiding event. Wear your colours, wear fancy dress, but most importantly, wear a mask. We are keen to adhere to social distancing as we present a visible outpouring of support for Charlton Athletic -  our club - despite its farcical ownership.

Simply meet in the West Stand Car Park at 1200 on Saturday 22 August. Bring a flag, bring your grandparents, bring your grandchildren. Let's show what this club means to the Charlton community.

In return we are asking, where possible that people leave a symbolic £1 at the feet of Sam Bartram’s statue. All monies will be passed on to Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust’s Covid-19 relief Fund. It is only an hour of your day, we plan to peacefully disperse at 1300 but this is our opportunity to show the wider world, the media, even potential responsible owners, what Charlton means to our community.

Tell your friends, bring a friend.

Live, love laugh and be happy.

• Options
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    Not sure on this TBH. if TS has completed the takeover by Saturday then I really don't see the point in this. We're all fighting to save our club, but if it's already saved what are we protesting about?
    In that case I’d have thought it’s obvious that it would be cancelled.
  • Options
    Good that it goes to Covid relief. Pointless really otherwise
  • Options
    Not sure on this TBH. if TS has completed the takeover by Saturday then I really don't see the point in this. We're all fighting to save our club, but if it's already saved what are we protesting about?
    If the Trust believe it to be a good idea, then I'll trust it's the right thing to do - and with mask and social distancing, a chance to come together and show the world how strong we are as a fan base.

• Options
    I don’t think you can assume anything when negotiating with Douchbag.

If I were in Blighty I’d be there.

Good luck x
  • Options
    And what if he hasnt?

And we are a week closer to be kicked out the league and still sat on are backsides doing nothing.

We get kicked out of the league and we sit there thinking well we could of done this or done that its to late.

Surely its better to have a plan and cancel it because it not needed than to not have a plan and then think shit we needed that
  • Options
    Its optional, if you are not keen don't come, its ok
  • Options
    How are they going to get access to the West Stand Car Park?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which I believed has locked all week Covid 19. 
  • Options
    Over the gates Millwall style.
  • Options
      Shouldn't think that will be a problem.

The club are promoting this on their Twitter feed!
  • Options
    Has Farnell offered to look after the money?
  • Options
    Surprised this is a members thread. Not a secret is it? and more the merrier! 
  • Options
    Imagine if every Charlton fan paid a quid. Wouldn't hurt those that input via it's just a £1

Would be looking at roughly £30,000-£60,000 total.

Then allow a recognised successful gambler of ours to transform it into a million 😉 poker face.

Then turn that del boy million into sumfin special.
  • Options
    Probably change the name of the thread to reflect the event. Besides myself, I don't know anyone else who is going.
    It has been poorly advertised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeterGage said:
    PopIcon said:
    Probably change the name of the thread to reflect the event. Besides myself, I don't know anyone else who is going.
    It has been poorly advertised.
    You do now (know someone else is going). I shall travel down from Northamptonshire
    Will you be dressed as a donkey?
  • Options
    Planning on coming up from Hampshire.  Masked and distanced of course.  Might need to hang around for a snifter afterwards.  What local pubs are open?
  • Options
    Peter, please accept my apology for any language used that caused offence. Im sure you are used to it so didnt give a second tbought but i was not being personal. I dont know you so my banter was maybe misplaced. 
  • Options
    Peter, please accept my apology for any language used that caused offence. Im sure you are used to it so didnt give a second tbought but i was not being personal. I dont know you so my banter was maybe misplaced. 
    Thanks for your apology but it wasn't necessary. Your language did not bother me at all.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    Thanks for your apology but it wasn't necessary. Your language did not bother me at all.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
    Thank you. Just wanted to say sorry anyway mate.
    You too. 
  • Options
    I plan to attend, but isn’t the car park being used for Covid testing? 
  • Options
    Gates will be opened im sure otherwise it wouldnt be planned.
  • Options
    I will be there if it goes ahead as planned. My kids are young though and if other kids are running about they will want to join in and impossible to keep any social distancing. Grandparents are the main babysitters at the moment and priority is keeping them safe from this crappy virus at the moment, more important than CAFC even. So i will attend alone.