Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club For A Quid protest (Aug 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Would rather see us demonstrate outside EFL HQ for lack of oversight and not relegating Sheff Wed. TS will close the deal before Saturday
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Planning on coming up from Hampshire.  Masked and distanced of course.  Might need to hang around for a snifter afterwards.  What local pubs are open?
    Rose is open 
  • Options
    I'll be there. After 2 weeks of quarantine I'm finally in England. So, wouldn't miss it for the world.
    And, if we have a new owner then turn it into a celebration.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Would rather see us demonstrate outside EFL HQ for lack of oversight and not relegating Sheff Wed. TS will close the deal before Saturday
    Maybe the protest could be diverted to there if Sandgaard takes over in the next day or so? 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I remember a while ago we were talking about a socially distanced protest at the EFL, and someone suggested taking our Crowdies there. Now that the Crowdies are being released, perhaps we could use them to bulk up the crowd at the protest, and hang a bit of cardboard around the neck of each one with the name(s) of someone who can't attend due to health reasons or having to shield?
    If the takeover happens in the next 2 days the crowdies may outnumber the fans.
  • Options
    I would much rather be part of a demonstration in hearing distance of Elliott then at the valley.
  • Options
    @Pico are there plans in place for the gates to be open or will I have to give you boost up everytime someone wants to put a quid down?
  • Options
    Are TS, MS, PE, TN and RD coming along for the ride?
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    I would much rather be part of a demonstration in hearing distance of Elliott then at the valley.
    Yes but not practical. Let's all just support what is being organised. If you want to organise another protest in Manchester go ahead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think that Elliot's application for an injunction will give the demonstration even more impetus.

I'm sure there'll be some excellent media coverage - hopefully in Belgium as well, as Duchatelet should be thoroughly ashamed of himself for giving the club away to a bunch of blaggards. He deserves all the reputational damage coming his way.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    The gates will be open on saturday
    There have been reports that some supporters will attempt to get in the pitch. I cannot really understand why they would do this
  • Options
    Nope, this is a meet in the west stand car park, for just one hour, peaceful and symbolic, if thats not for anyone or they can't see the point they shouldn't come. 
  • Options
    I'd love to be there but can't get back from Cornwall until Sunday.

Good on everyone who is putting time and energy into making it a success. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    So if Elliott turns up in say a brand new Range Rover?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    There have been reports that some supporters will attempt to get in the pitch. I cannot really understand why they would do this
    There’s some people on the Pitch, they think it’s all over...  it is now!
  • Options
    Pico said:
    I'd love to be there but can't get back from Cornwall until Sunday.

Good on everyone who is putting time and energy into making it a success. 
    You coming back on the coach Pico
  • Options
    currently down in Cornwall on holiday otherwise would’ve been there 

will be tweeting though 
  • Options
    Just sing for Tommy Sandgaard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going to be there and I know quite a few others who will be there too. Hope to see some Lifers there on the day.
  • Options
    I will be there 
  • Options
    I'll be there 

• Options
    I'd love to be there, but the train would set me back £45. Not sure it's worth it for an hour protest
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I think it’s a very good idea and would love to be there. All welcome?
  • Options
    Will be there
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    They will be the trialists getting a feel of the pitch for next season.