Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eat Out to Help Out

13»

Comments

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Loads of great independent restaurants in Beckenham doing it. Had some fantastic meals in Koz, Hisar and Branded. All done really well with the social distancing and so lovely to see the restaurants busy on these days. The money they’ll be making with full covers will more than make up for the overly quiet Thursdays.
    Branded in Beckenham is probably the 2nd best steak ive had in this country.

• Options
    If you are in the fortunate position to be using the EOTHO scheme but not really 'needing to', a nice gesture is to return some of the benefit by way of an usually generous tip (up to 50%) to the overworked staff.
    Or even better eat out again in September, help save their jobs with proper taxable money 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Loads of great independent restaurants in Beckenham doing it. Had some fantastic meals in Koz, Hisar and Branded. All done really well with the social distancing and so lovely to see the restaurants busy on these days. The money they’ll be making with full covers will more than make up for the overly quiet Thursdays.

The one in Sevenoaks is lovely too.

Only had a burger in there when I went, rather than steak, but it was fantastic, and the rasperry cheesecake was so nice too.  For essentially two very simple dishes I thought it was very, very good.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:

The one in Sevenoaks is lovely too.

Only had a burger in there when I went, rather than steak, but it was fantastic, and the rasperry cheesecake was so nice too.  For essentially two very simple dishes I thought it was very, very good.
    Didnt even know there was another one. Cheers will certainly try it out. Been going to the Beckenham one for a while and never had a bad meal. 
  • Options
    been to the Pied bull over in farningham a couple of times. nice food and good atmosphere. haven't had a steak in a restaurant/pub for quite a while due to price but cos of this incentive I was able to enjoy a nice sirloin steak. 

I also went to the Chaser over in Shipbourne, food is ok but i know they are continuing this offer throughout September. 
  • Options
    Does the offer encompass bank holiday Monday too?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Does the offer encompass bank holiday Monday too?
    It does yeah. Bank holiday is the last day
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    We were down in Dawlish Warren for the week a when it first started. 

Saved a bomb eating out twice a day on those 3 days with 2 adults and two kids. 

Just got back from there......ended up using the Boathouse on the front , could not get in anywhere else.
  • Options
    Tried this out in Dawat Blackfen yesterday evening. Fucking shambles, rush rush rush.
    It did however give you that authentic Bangladeshi restaurant feel.
    Never again, unbelievable hurry up and chaos.
    How about 25% off Sunday - Thursday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    We were down in Dawlish Warren for the week a when it first started. 

Saved a bomb eating out twice a day on those 3 days with 2 adults and two kids. 

Just got back from there......ended up using the Boathouse on the front , could not get in anywhere else.
    Went there couple of times, also the goose and the welcome inn. Smugglers inn in Dawlish itself and a few over Paignton way 
  • Options
    Would like to have tried those out , did go to the Harbour Inn in Paignton.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Fumbluff said:
    Gave our local Thai some custom on the first week, lovely grub as always but no social distancing, I thought they’d have used every other table or something but they were cramming in as many as they could....understandable given how much they’ll have lost in the preceding months but we’ll give them a miss for now. 
    Last night really fancied a wagamamas for some reason so we pootled up to Wandsworth on the bikes and there was a queue of a good 40 people outside in the street IN THE RAIN to sit on benches with/close to strangers!!!!
    Came home and ordered a takeaway instead 😬
    Was over Bluewater on Monday evening and the queue for Wagamama was over 100 people long. Went all the way past the escalators and round the other side. Madness.
    Used to work opposite Ping Pong in Great Marlborough Street and there was always a massive queue outside there when I worked late.

Always prefered Lucky Jade in Gravesend meself, and eat it in the comfort of your own home 
  • Options
    Not to everyone's taste obviously, but I went to Spoons in Crawley the other day, after taking my youngest to Cineworld. An expensive experience to watch a kids film!

I know Spoons is cheap anyway, but the bill came in under 6 quid! The boy had chicken nuggets, chips, beans plus a drink and a yoyo bear snack. I had jacket potato with chilli and a pint. Incredible value really. I paid over 6 quid for a pint in The Woolpack a couple of weeks back ffs! Only downside was, we were in Wetherspoons in Crawley :smiley:

Just wish I'd taken advantage of some of the proper gaffs offering the deal now!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    YTS1978 said:
    Not to everyone's taste obviously, but I went to Spoons in Crawley the other day, after taking my youngest to Cineworld. An expensive experience to watch a kids film!

I know Spoons is cheap anyway, but the bill came in under 6 quid! The boy had chicken nuggets, chips, beans plus a drink and a yoyo bear snack. I had jacket potato with chilli and a pint. Incredible value really. I paid over 6 quid for a pint in The Woolpack a couple of weeks back ffs! Only downside was, we were in Wetherspoons in Crawley :smiley:

Just wish I'd taken advantage of some of the proper gaffs offering the deal now!
    Amos Brearley and Mr Wilks will be turning in their graves at that price. 
  • Options
    Only used it for the first time last night down in Padstow, 5 of us food and a drink for £39 in a lovely place in the harbour 

wish I’d used it more now!
  • Options
    I'm a pretty classy guy right. My brother and I went to Weatherspoons in Greenwich on Wednesday. A burger meal, a panini, a side of onion rings, nachos and two pints of Punk IPA, £8.50. Sure the food food was rank, the tables were dirty and the customer service was non existent. But we left fat and happy!
  • Options
    Sizzling pubs and Toby carvery extend scheme to 15 September. 
  • Options
    Seen that deliveroo are offering £5 off through September for any £20 orders placed on Mon-Wed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    Suspect the handful in London and Brum are the thin end of a very thick wedge.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Great news - greedy, profiteering low lifes.
    Like nicking the wallet of a blind ex-serviceman.
    Suspect the punishment wont fit the crime though.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    clive said:
    Suspect the handful in London and Brum are the thin end of a very thick wedge.
    They need to take a closer look in the Yorkshire area, especially involving the asian wedding reception industry, the UK tax payer has paid for a lot of receptions up there and no doubt across the country.