Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace away friendly 29th August - Match Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    The first half against Nottingham Forest was the best I have seen us play in a long while... All we had to do was keep that up for a whole season 😊
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    From Bowyer's post-match comments it sounds like he's trying to set us up to play better football this year. Thank the lord.
    To be fair, we played some lovely football last season, we just wasn’t consistent enough and not capable of holding on for 90 minutes. That’s what Bowyer needs to sort out. 
    In a few games, sure. Otherwise, it was pretty turgid and often we looked like we didn't want the ball at all. Bowyer has just said we're trying to pass it up the pitch now, which is "new for us" !
  • Options
    That Selhurst pitch has certainly come on a bit since we played there.....
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    That Selhurst pitch has certainly come on a bit since we played there.....
    Unlike the rest of the ground....
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Those folk saying there wasn't much between them and us must be crazy. Skill, speed, accuracy, movement, decision-making, shot-taking - the gulf in quality is oceanic.  We're all upbeat because Sandgaard looks set to save us - but it's obvious we need a raft of better players for the first-team squad.  Bowyer himself said we need ten new signings.
  • Options
    The first half against Nottingham Forest was the best I have seen us play in a long while... All we had to do was keep that up for a whole season 😊
    If we’d done that we’d have been promoted for sure. Was never going to happen with the Duchatêlet limited squad that we started the season with. 
  • Options
    Palace Twitter is currently bombarding the cafc twitter to laugh at our expense over a friendly whilst simultaneously claiming they don’t care about us.  Why do all the locals do this?!
    Because they are inbred snotgobling Shitweasel Wankpuffin stripy virgins. 
    This genuinely made me laugh out loud. Well played Sir.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace Twitter is currently bombarding the cafc twitter to laugh at our expense over a friendly whilst simultaneously claiming they don’t care about us.  Why do all the locals do this?!
    Because they are inbred snotgobling Shitweasel Wankpuffin stripy virgins. 
    This genuinely made me laugh out loud. Well played Sir.
    I try my best.😂
  • Options
    don't care if he is Palarse or not but Zaha is a gifted footballer who deserves to be playing at a bigger club
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    don't care if he is Palarse or not but Zaha is a gifted footballer who deserves to be playing at a bigger club
    He f***** that opportunity when at United.  Allegedly more successful off the pitch!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Who was our No. 2 on 1.36 gave the ball away to zaha & just stood & watched him run towards goal before remembering that he was allowed to try & win it back ? 
  • Options
    what does LB mean when he says "back to front" 
  • Options
    Passing the ball from the back to the front.
    Mind you I thought he's always tried to do that, bar a few long punts towards the end of the season.
  • Options
    He would have been referring to Keohane
  • Options
    Who was our No. 2 on 1.36 gave the ball away to zaha & just stood & watched him run towards goal before remembering that he was allowed to try & win it back ? 
    Matthews has the number 2 shirt according to the official site
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    He would have been referring to Keohane
    No Keohane's a back and front.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Was definitely matthews, you could see he was frustrated with himself for giving it away, paused for a moment before giving chase again. After the play had stopped he held his hands up and apologised to amos and the defending players. I suppose part of him thought its just a friendly so not gonna give as much as a league game but he was quick to react after initially stopping and was also quick enough to accept the blame
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    That's what I thought at first but it was the second half & I think at this point LB had changed the whole team. Maybe a trialist as registered players would have their own number. ( or maybe I'm just talking bollox & it was Matthews ?)