Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why are so many people not wearing face masks?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I think it isn't illegal as it is classed as outside. Watched the FA cup tie at Bishop's Stortford on BT sport on Monday and the ground looked pretty full (I suspect more than the 600 stated) and there were not many face masks or much social distancing going on. Crazy!
  • Options
    I think it isn't illegal as it is classed as outside. Watched the FA cup tie at Bishop's Stortford on BT sport on Monday and the ground looked pretty full (I suspect more than the 600 stated) and there were not many face masks or much social distancing going on. Crazy!
    Saw that too on BT, I actually had to look online as I thought they were just showing some pre Covid game. Absolutel madness. No idea how its allowed
  • Options
    I went into Sainsbury's in Maidstone at the weekend, where I saw an employee unloading fruit and veg onto the shelves. He had a mask round his neck, so I told him that he should be wearing it over his mouth and nose. He didn't look happy, but pulled the mask up to cover his mouth and nose. 
    I had the same experience in a petrol station. The guy tried arguing that there was a screen between us. A screen with a big hole in it at our face levels where I pass merchandise for him to scan. He eventually put it on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    JUST MANDATE IT AS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT TO WEAR A MASK IN ALL ENCLOSED PUBLIC PLACES.

Football grounds included, social distancing must be a requirement if people are going to attend games.
  • Options
    Was in Bluewater on Saturday and can only remember seeing one dickhead not wearing one. A bloke of about 25 what looked like a non league team tracksuit so unlikely to be medically exempt.

Bexleyheath today and a couple of chavy women were the only 2 I saw, one of which was pregnant. 
  • Options
    Obviously, it’s currently not a requirement to wear masks outside as chances of transmission are considerably less than indoors, IF social distancing is practised. 
    Admittedly, I do agree that looks like it could be better adhered to at these non league games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020

The cumulative effect of travelling to work on trains with so many people not wearing masks or not wearing them properly is definitely getting to me. I am sure it must be contributing to this -

'Boris Johnson will host a Covid press conference today following another round of lockdown crisis talks with the cabinet as a new 'highly contagious' coronavirus variant rips through the region.

The Prime Minister is facing calls for potential travel bans to 'cut off' London and the South East from the rest of the UK - and could announce a strengthening of Covid-19 advice as soon as this afternoon. '

With a caveat I know that some people really can't (an many who are exempt actually can wear one) just wear a feckin mask? DO they really not know/understand/care that they could be passing on the virus that not only could make someone ill but could actually kill someone? Is their need to  show they aren't gong to be told what to do/show they don't believe in it really outweigh the risk to other people? Obviously it must

It really isn't that bad to put the bloody thing on, and properly!

• Options

The cumulative effect of travelling to work on trains with so many people not wearing masks or not wearing them properly is definitely getting to me. I am sure it must be contributing to this -

'Boris Johnson will host a Covid press conference today following another round of lockdown crisis talks with the cabinet as a new 'highly contagious' coronavirus variant rips through the region.

The Prime Minister is facing calls for potential travel bans to 'cut off' London and the South East from the rest of the UK - and could announce a strengthening of Covid-19 advice as soon as this afternoon. '

With a caveat I know that some people really can't (an many who are exempt actually can wear one) just wear a feckin mask? DO they really not know/understand/care that they could be passing on the virus that not only could make someone ill but could actually kill someone? Is their need to  show they aren't gong to be told what to do/show they don't believe in it really outweigh the risk to other people? Obviously it must

It really isn't that bad to put the bloody thing on, and properly!

Indeed. People wear a coat to protect them from the cold, why not a mask to protect them and others from a potential serious illness.
    I've stopped using buses now because so many people don't bother with a mask. The train at least has more room (off Peak)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Simple question.

If masks are so good why are the numbers as high as when people weren't wearing them?
    Mainly because in the late spring summer months the virus was getting blown away and now we're all indoors passing it on to each other.
  • Options
    They may make things better and certainly don't make things worse. Obvious we should all wear them.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Simple question.

If masks are so good why are the numbers as high as when people weren't wearing them?
    Mainly because in the late spring summer months the virus was getting blown away and now we're all indoors passing it on to each other.
    Thing is all through this the supermarkets essential shops have been open.
    Yet I've not heard of one shop closing.

• Options
    They may make things better and certainly don't make things worse. Obvious we should all wear them.
    I think the vast majority are (over 90% on the rare occasions I go out to the shops).
  • Options
    Kids are the main spreaders at the moment. Problem is you can't have little kids in masks it's not right.
    It's the adults letting the country down in my opinion as they have the info and rules.
    Until adults start getting big fines, it won't change as we are not a country used to this mask wearing.
    I actually think young people are being a bit unfairly bashed about this as it's predominantly over 50s I see not wearing masks in shops, trains etc 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kids are the main spreaders at the moment. Problem is you can't have little kids in masks it's not right.
    It's the adults letting the country down in my opinion as they have the info and rules.
    Until adults start getting big fines, it won't change as we are not a country used to this mask wearing.
    I actually think young people are being a bit unfairly bashed about this as it's predominantly over 50s I see not wearing masks in shops, trains etc 
    You are on a wind up with this? 

The youngsters are ignorant pigs.
  • Options
    You are on a wind up with this? 

The youngsters are ignorant pigs.
    Not all 
    but a lot think it’s a laugh and could’nt give a fuck about anyone over 30.
  • Options
    Much better compliance on the buses but i've whittled it down to 3 regular abusers,

Fat chav bird with brood, having her 15 minutes of fame.
    Black teen gangsta boy.
    Chav real geezer, just dying for someone to say something.
    How about elderly idiot who makes a point of standing next to you in the shop. The number of times I has to tell people line that to back offend wearable mask.
    What?

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Sorry posted on wrong thread - moved to Coronavirus.

• Options
    clive said:

There needs to be another nought added to that figure, if they were doing their job properly.
  • Options
    It's not just wearing masks it's also making sure they are being worn properly. The quality of the mask is also an issue.
  • Options
    It's not just wearing masks it's also making sure they are being worn properly. The quality of the mask is also an issue.

It seems fashionable by certain people to wear them under their chin.
  • Options

Largely network rail staff if Paddington is anything to go by (or was, in December)
  • Options

Or not cover the nose.