Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Serious question. 

If TS takes over in the next week or so, and EFL give him the go-ahead, what money can He spend on transfers/Loans ?
    Is there a limit on spending in Division 3 (League 1) regarding signings or is it just on wages/outgoings that is in the cap ?
    Anyone ?
    Difficult/impossible question to answer I'm afraid.
    There is an equivalent of £2000pw allowed on wages.
    But transfer fees etc depends on whether you are happy to break the FFP rules and all sorts of possibilities.
    Thanks, I really am trying to keep up with everything but this definitely something I do not understand. 
    In theory, could TS (or someone else) sign 3 £10M players, but pay them so called loyalty payments other than their £2k weekly wage ? I do, kind of understand, but totally disagree, with what the massives did regarding their ground and FFP, its just it seems every rule or law in football is breakable in some way.
  • Serious question. 

If TS takes over in the next week or so, and EFL give him the go-ahead, what money can He spend on transfers/Loans ?
    Is there a limit on spending in Division 3 (League 1) regarding signings or is it just on wages/outgoings that is in the cap ?
    Anyone ?
    But transfer fees etc depends on whether you are happy to break the FFP rules and all sorts of possibilities.
    Thanks, I really am trying to keep up with everything but this definitely something I do not understand. 
    In theory, could TS (or someone else) sign 3 £10M players, but pay them so called loyalty payments other than their £2k weekly wage ? I do, kind of understand, but totally disagree, with what the massives did regarding their ground and FFP, its just it seems every rule or law in football is breakable in some way.
    No. All bonuses, payments and agent fees must be included in the cap.
  • edited September 2020
    Serious question. 

Anyone ?
    No. All bonuses, payments and agent fees must be included in the cap.
    Thanks. Appreciate that.
    Agree with that, hopefully it will help stop the bloody agents taking more out than they give. 
  • edited September 2020
    Serious question. 

Anyone ?
    If it helps I recall TS saying something along the lines of it doesn't matter how much money you have because you can't break the salary cap rules. So I believe his intentions are not to do so.
  • Don't believe FFP covers League 1 and 2. If/when we're back in the Championship then we can lose up to £39m over three seasons. That would give us plenty of room to increase our playing budget from where it currently is without breaking any rules.
  • Scoham said:
    Don't believe FFP covers League 1 and 2. If/when we're back in the Championship then we can lose up to £39m over three seasons. That would give us plenty of room to increase our playing budget from where it currently is without breaking any rules.
    Oh, bloody hell, just getting it settled in my tiny brain and now you post this ?!?
    😉🙃
  • edited September 2020
  • edited September 2020
  • SCMP has been replaced by the salary cap. From the EFL link I posted above:

Those discussions culminated in today’s divisional vote, with representatives of League One and League Two Clubs opting to implement the new measures in place of the existing Salary Cost Management Protocols (SCMP), with fixed caps of £2.5million and £1.5million respectively.
  • edited September 2020
    Thanks I'll delete then.
    Your above links from the efl & Portsmouth are excellent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    SCMP has been replaced by the salary cap. From the EFL link I posted above:

Those discussions culminated in today’s divisional vote, with representatives of League One and League Two Clubs opting to implement the new measures in place of the existing Salary Cost Management Protocols (SCMP), with fixed caps of £2.5million and £1.5million respectively.
    Thanks again. 
    I'm assuming from this that the parachute payments are only from Premier League to Championship. 
    If you go into Division 3 (sorry, am oldish) then its basically your on your own. No 3 year losing £X amount over X years, no leeway, nothing ?
    Kind of agree, as in hopefully no club will overspend and go to the wall, but surely every team who gets promoted from Divisions 3 and 4 are always stuck behind the rest.
  • The trouble with having three threads where everybody talks about the same things but with the words jumbled around differently, is that I have to post this three bloody times, whose bright idea was it to have three threads, eh?

Haven't you all got homes to go to, now go on clear off!

https://youtu.be/3OB3NE9-uMI
  • FWIW........I reckon the COA wont hear/read the appeal until Wednesday afternoon & some old doddery fart will look at his watch and mutter.. " oh dear, the injunction runs out in an hour & I can't possibly give an answer in that time. Judge Pearce says that the case isn't until November so extending the injunction by a few weeks won't do any harm". And with that the injunction will be extended past the transfer deadline & with it goes our season. 

There won't be doddery old fools at the Court of Appeal. These people have huge intellect and will do what is required of them.  If you are interested here's the list: 

https://www.judiciary.uk/you-and-the-judiciary/going-to-court/court-of-appeal-home/coa-biogs/#:~:text=Court%20of%20Appeal%20judges%3A%201%20Mr%20Justice%20Arnold.,%28Middle%20Temple%29%20in%201976.%20...%20More%20items...%20

(Lady Justice Carr for a would ya?)
  • I would but she wouldn't
  • edited September 2020

I notice this guy, Sir Terence Etherton, is Master of the Rolls Royce.

Is Matt Southall then the, Master of the Range Rover?
  • I've seen elsewhere that the court requested bundles from Paul Elliott's side, and as of yesterday, they didn't seem to have arrived. Can this appeal be thrown out on that basis? 
  • cafcfan said:
    FWIW........I reckon the COA wont hear/read the appeal until Wednesday afternoon & some old doddery fart will look at his watch and mutter.. " oh dear, the injunction runs out in an hour & I can't possibly give an answer in that time. Judge Pearce says that the case isn't until November so extending the injunction by a few weeks won't do any harm". And with that the injunction will be extended past the transfer deadline & with it goes our season. 

There won't be doddery old fools at the Court of Appeal. These people have huge intellect and will do what is required of them.  If you are interested here's the list: 

https://www.judiciary.uk/you-and-the-judiciary/going-to-court/court-of-appeal-home/coa-biogs/#:~:text=Court%20of%20Appeal%20judges%3A%201%20Mr%20Justice%20Arnold.,%28Middle%20Temple%29%20in%201976.%20...%20More%20items...%20

(Lady Justice Carr for a would ya?)
    The Court of Appeal judges are essentially in the position where they are judging/assessing other, active judges. For them to say a judge was wrong is a very big step, and not one to be given to an aging has-been to just stamp or pass over on a whim.
    That's not to say either way how they're going to rule today but they aren't looking at LD or ESI or even the club. They are just examining Judge Peace's original ruling.
  • edited September 2020
    2nd leg soon to get underway, do away goals count double?
  • What's the latest on the bundles?

• Sponsored links:

• After catching up with this and the takeover thread im more confused than i was 2 weeks ago.
    Does todays hearing impact on the takeover or not? 
    Anybody able to answer briefly please.
  • After catching up with this and the takeover thread im more confused than i was 2 weeks ago.
     Possibly, but Sandgaard doesn't think so.

Elliott is seeking an appeal against judge Pearce's decision that he doesn't own ESI.
    If his injunction is approved today then a court case to overturn judge Pearce's decision will be heard in November.

That will have an impact on who Sandgaard has to do a deal with. But it is rumoured that Duchatelet has binned both ESI's off and is dealing with Sandgaard directly. So what happens today with both ESI's is irrelevant.
    .However, the EFL appear to be holding back on their verdict on Sandgaard leading many to believe that today has some significant relevance.
    TS thinks no. EFL think yes. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!