Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• edited September 2020

Is there a chance that Elliot(t) has already been told that his OADT appeal has failed, and as it was appealed as an individual the club didn't get informed? As if that's the case then surely he would just sit on the information while the current court case is ongoing? 

You'd like to think the EFL would make a statement but....
  • edited September 2020
    stonemuse said:
    Can someone please remind me if any paperwork has ever been produced that is signed by both parties, lex dominus and panorama magic detailing the transfer of shares from PM to LD?

I know there was apparently an email where Mihail had said it had happened but is there any signed paperwork with full details of the requirements for the transaction?
    If there was, it would have been stated in court. Therefore it doesn’t exist. 
     So Elliott putting money in was stated so it must be true?

Should the judge not have asked to see evidence of these very crucial details when it was at court.

I can't get my head around that there is hardly any if zero evidence that this took place and still it drags on!
    well Lauren Kreamer didn't dispute it ....
  • The EFL may have already told Elliott the conclusion of his appeal. It was lodged on an individual basis so I guess they have no plans to put it out to the public.

They said f*** all when Nimer failed it.
  • stonemuse said:
    Can someone please remind me if any paperwork has ever been produced that is signed by both parties, lex dominus and panorama magic detailing the transfer of shares from PM to LD?

I know there was apparently an email where Mihail had said it had happened but is there any signed paperwork with full details of the requirements for the transaction?
    I thought a letter on Charlton letter headed paper from MM saying the shares had been transferred was referred to on the first day and LK retaliated by saying the pound hadn't been paid. Could well be confused though.
  • Chizz said:
    Shrew said:
    Ultimately, another week shouldn't be a big deal. Given the decision has been made, the chances of undermining the authority of the judge via the appeal has very little chance of success from what I can gather. So rather than us having to wait until November, we have to wait until Wednesday. And of course, the club still has to be sold. If it is sold say on Thursday or Friday next week, the delay surely hasn't even been a delay.
     Not unless you count Bowyer not being allowed to get bodies in before the season starts?

This is already having an effect. Elliott will be doing all he can to slow things down now. Expect this appeal to be lodged at the last possible moment. That gives him more time for the fan base to give him pelters and improve his chances.

He told us he lodged his appeal to the EFL within hours of being rejected. Why the delay now?
    Ask the EFL. 
    Though remember it will not be the EFL who announce this, its up to the club (whoever they are) to make it public.
    But the club might not be given the information, since the appellant isn't an owner or employee of the club.

Below Taken from the EFL OADT. The EFL will notify the club itself in regards to the outcome. I imagine it's to keep reputable businessmen like Elliott out...

(c)  requires each Club not to permit any person who is subject to a Disqualifying Condition either become a Relevant Person or (if he was already a Relevant Person before the Disqualifying Condition arose) to continue to be a Relevant Person for the Club, for so long as the Disqualifying Condition subsists.

3 Decision

3.1  Where The League decides (whether based on a Declaration or otherwise) that a person who is or wishes to become a Relevant Person is subject to a Disqualifying Condition, The League shall notify the person and his Club in writing of that decision (with reasons).

Is there a chance that Elliot(t) has already been told that his OADT appeal has failed, and as it was appealed as an individual the club didn't get informed? As if that's the case then surely he would just sit on the information while the current court case is ongoing? 

Reading through, it didn't mention anything about individuals as such, it's all communicated alongside the club, after all if Elliot pretends he's passed when he hasn't and buys the club, the club will suffer for allowing a person of interest thats failed OADT to act in an official capacity. So would think that the club would be informed still.

I believe the EFL instructed staff to make sure Elliot and Farnell were removed in a statement at the time? 

• edited September 2020
    stonemuse said:

So Elliott putting money in was stated so it must be true?

Should the judge not have asked to see evidence of these very crucial details when it was at court.

I can't get my head around that there is hardly any if zero evidence that this took place and still it drags on!
    well Lauren Kreamer didn't dispute it ....
     Exactly. The irony is that Elliott may well have  more credibility than Nimer (A very low bar)  but in effect,and due to the shortage of time we are all backing Nimer.

This is so f***d up.
  • The EFL may have already told Elliott the conclusion of his appeal. It was lodged on an individual basis so I guess they have no plans to put it out to the public.

They said f*** all when Nimer failed it.
    Nimer didnt fail it... He passed the ODAT which is why he remains a Director of the club

He simply couldnt provide the Source of Funds which is what stopped the takeover from being approved by the EFL and is what put us in the embargo
     Regardless. On both counts the EFL said nothing in public wouldn't you agree?
  • The EFL made a public statement that they had failed 3 people's OADT applications, I gather that to fail is extremely rare and presumably that's why they make it public. Might also have something to do with the pressure they were under at the time to be more transparent about what was happening.
  • Chizz said:
    Shrew said:
    Ultimately, another week shouldn't be a big deal. Given the decision has been made, the chances of undermining the authority of the judge via the appeal has very little chance of success from what I can gather. So rather than us having to wait until November, we have to wait until Wednesday. And of course, the club still has to be sold. If it is sold say on Thursday or Friday next week, the delay surely hasn't even been a delay.
     Not unless you count Bowyer not being allowed to get bodies in before the season starts?

This is already having an effect. Elliott will be doing all he can to slow things down now. Expect this appeal to be lodged at the last possible moment. That gives him more time for the fan base to give him pelters and improve his chances.

He told us he lodged his appeal to the EFL within hours of being rejected. Why the delay now?
    Ask the EFL. 
    Though remember it will not be the EFL who announce this, its up to the club (whoever they are) to make it public.
    But the club might not be given the information, since the appellant isn't an owner or employee of the club.

Below Taken from the EFL OADT. The EFL will notify the club itself in regards to the outcome. I imagine it's to keep reputable businessmen like Elliott out...

(c)  requires each Club not to permit any person who is subject to a Disqualifying Condition either become a Relevant Person or (if he was already a Relevant Person before the Disqualifying Condition arose) to continue to be a Relevant Person for the Club, for so long as the Disqualifying Condition subsists.

3 Decision

3.1  Where The League decides (whether based on a Declaration or otherwise) that a person who is or wishes to become a Relevant Person is subject to a Disqualifying Condition, The League shall notify the person and his Club in writing of that decision (with reasons).

Reading through, it didn't mention anything about individuals as such, it's all communicated alongside the club, after all if Elliot pretends he's passed when he hasn't and buys the club, the club will suffer for allowing a person of interest thats failed OADT to act in an official capacity. So would think that the club would be informed still.

I believe the EFL instructed staff to make sure Elliot and Farnell were removed in a statement at the time? 

The club did "remove" them as that's why they're no longer posting their bollocks on the OS or making appearances at games. 

In terms of the appeal MM said that he was wrong in saying the club would not allowing PE and CF to appeal as they could do so as individuals due to potentially wanting to be involved with other clubs in the future - so I took it to mean that the appeal had gone directly from PE rather than through CAFC. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Clarky said:
    stonemuse said:

I thought a letter on Charlton letter headed paper from MM saying the shares had been transferred was referred to on the first day and LK retaliated by saying the pound hadn't been paid. Could well be confused though.
    Elliot categorically does not own the club.

Farnell confirmed it in the Companies House case, and also confirmed it yesterday, albeit with Elliot signing the letter.
  • J BLOCK said:
    I find it so delicious that Elliott has put money into something he doesn’t own and will probably lose it.
    Certainly gets my juices flowing 
  • Elliotttt probably has put money into the club. The question is whose money is it and what might happen to him should they decide they want it back...
  • Chizz said:
    Shrew said:

Ask the EFL. 

3 Decision

The club did "remove" them as that's why they're no longer posting their bollocks on the OS or making appearances at games. 

In terms of the appeal MM said that he was wrong in saying the club would not allowing PE and CF to appeal as they could do so as individuals due to potentially wanting to be involved with other clubs in the future - so I took it to mean that the appeal had gone directly from PE rather than through CAFC. 

5.2  The Appeal:

(a)  must be filed with the company secretary within 14 days of receipt of notice of The League's decision;

I wonder if that would mean Chris Parkes? 

• edited September 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    I find it so delicious that Elliott has put money into something he doesn’t own and will probably lose it.
     I suppose you have to ask yourself, if it's proved he or others did put cash in, what would've happened if they hadn't?
  • Chizz said:
    Shrew said:

Ask the EFL. 

3 Decision

5.2  The Appeal:

(a)  must be filed with the company secretary within 14 days of receipt of notice of The League's decision;

Whoever lodged it, it would be under the orders of MM, I never really understood his reasons for going ahead with the appeal. The whole excuse of it not being fair that Elliot would then banned from ever being a director of a an EFL football club, makes little sense, especially as it would be great news for the whole of football.
  • Shrew said:
    Chizz said:
    Shrew said:

Ask the EFL. 

3 Decision

5.2  The Appeal:

Whoever lodged it, it would be under the orders of MM, I never really understood his reasons for going ahead with the appeal. The whole excuse of it not being fair that Elliot would then banned from ever being a director of a an EFL football club, makes little sense, especially as it would be great news for the whole of football.
    I'd the club refused to submit the appeal I suspect that would have ended in front of a beek as well. 
  • Chizz said:
    Shrew said:

Ask the EFL. 

3 Decision

I thought the appeals had to go through the Club?
  • Chizz said:
    Shrew said:

Ask the EFL. 

3 Decision

Elliott is appealing individually. The club have nothing to do with it.

This is so he can get his grubby mitts in somewhere else.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2020
    Shrew said:
    Chizz said:
    Shrew said:

Ask the EFL. 

3 Decision

5.2  The Appeal:

It means the appeal must be lodged with the Company Secretary of the EFL not the club secretary of Charlton, however the club would be notiifed if the second attempts fail since they would have to take any necessary action to remove the applicant from any position of management within the club. All the club have to do is announce that on second application an un-named individual passed or failed the test.

• J BLOCK said:
     I suppose you have to ask yourself, if it's proved he or others did put cash in, what would've happened if they hadn't?
    Do we know for sure he has then? Is there proof of it? 
  • If he has passed I hope the EFL keep it to themselves until after the injunction and the sale have happened.
  • So the OADT has to be submitted/ go through a club? Can an individual not take this test without a club?
  • edited September 2020
    I see little benefit to CAFC for the EFL to carry out Elliot's appeal before the 7 days are up.
    As it stands he has failed, which benefits us (Panorama).
    If they passed him on appeal on Monday, it can't possibly help our case.
    Even if it has little or no bearing to the outcome of the appeal.
  • Shrew said:
    posted by the EFL on the 7th August
    4 weeks ago today. 

Appeal put in the following week. So that's 3 weeks now. Not like is not urgent is it. Like Bumble often says......"get on with the game". 
  • Shrew said:
    posted by the EFL on the 7th August
    4 weeks ago today. 

Appeal put in the following week. So that's 3 weeks now. Not like is not urgent is it. Like Bumble often says......"get on with the game". 
    It is not urgent at all. Best they shut up until all this is over.
  • FWIW........I reckon the COA wont hear/read the appeal until Wednesday afternoon & some old doddery fart will look at his watch and mutter.. " oh dear, the injunction runs out in an hour & I can't possibly give an answer in that time. Judge Pearce says that the case isn't until November so extending the injunction by a few weeks won't do any harm". And with that the injunction will be extended past the transfer deadline & with it goes our season. 

• Chizz said:
    Shrew said:

Ask the EFL. 

3 Decision

Elliott is appealing individually. The club have nothing to do with it.

This is so he can get his grubby mitts in somewhere else.
    I know he is appealing but I thought the appeal had to be submitted through the Club?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!