Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• edited September 2020
    ozaddick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    ozaddick said:
    mendonca said:
    MM messing up the details about the Oadt test meant that it was an area that we could not expose in the trial.

There were so many holes in that area which we could not pursue with questioning. So much so that better questions have been posed on the board.
    That concerned me. I’ve no basis on this, purely my thoughts, but MM cocking up like that could of seriously dented our case. Are we sure he’s on ‘our’ side? 
    Not ours, but Nimer's and for me that says he wants PM to win so TN gets a payday from TS.
     Who's PM?
    Panamera  I guessed. 
    No I think it's Panorama mate

;)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    ozaddick said:
    mendonca said:
    MM messing up the details about the Oadt test meant that it was an area that we could not expose in the trial.

There were so many holes in that area which we could not pursue with questioning. So much so that better questions have been posed on the board.
    That concerned me. I’ve no basis on this, purely my thoughts, but MM cocking up like that could of seriously dented our case. Are we sure he’s on ‘our’ side? 
    Not ours, but Nimer's and for me that says he wants PM to win so TN gets a payday from TS.
     Who's PM?
    Boris

• mendonca said:

The thing about this, is it truly exposes how slap dash and amateur MM is. The details about the OADT and appeals process are clear in the EFL regulations published on their website. I guess though that does mean you have to bother to look if you’re not sure.
  • Redrobo said:
    Once had lunch with Farnell May well work in our favour 😂 
    Exactly. We know who would have paid.
    From what we heard yesterday, it must have been Elliott
  • So he claims itvis an admin error. Why did EFL say itvis down to the club to REMOVE Farnell and Elliott? That was unprecedent plus with all that fantastic knowledge that Farnell has when dealingvwith Bury could not provide the so called correct information. 
  • I was very elated Tuesday night, angry Weds and extremly angemry Thurs night. However, having seen the ES article I have relaxed thinkingbif it goes to trial our barrister can show thatvin court and rip that article tovshreds.  Full of holes. He hasn't passed the test. Did not attempt to get it resolved. 3 months on?  He can't satisfy that his source can provide the money. This is his only communication ever since in his own head "he has bought the club". Hasn't paid the sale price at all. Why not? Oh yeah because if it goes tits up he is liable for the debt etc. TS has shown more interest into CAFC than he ever will and is keen to get a deal done. Why has PE done this considering he had 1st dibs?
  • Sponsored links:

• And another thing... why is he so keen to "reach out and listen to ideas and investment from TS?" We all know why. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    ozaddick said:
    mendonca said:

Who's PM?
    Paul McCartney.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    ozaddick said:
    mendonca said:

Who's PM?
    Paul McCartney.
    'The mist rolling in from the Thames my desire, Is always to be found at Valley Floyd Road' 😉
  • Scoham said:
    "I want to make Charlton Athletic great again"
    Next we'll have red baseball caps with MCGA slapped on the front.
    Elliottttt and co have no idea what our club stands for.
  • edited September 2020
    Leaving aside what a court might make of it, under the interim injunction, ESI can’t sell CAFC in my opinion because it would retain obligations to Duchatelet without control of the entity that triggers them, for example status payments, tenancy and the famous guarantee. I believe the deal would have been put together by Teacher Stern in that way precisely to stop ESI moving CAFC Limited out of its purview to avoid the obligations. 

On the other hand everything about the Panorama-Lex Dominus contract appears to be a shambles. The EFL and the parties interpret its meaning differently (and the same party differently when it suits it), it references the share capital of CAFC Limited rather than ESI, it is incomplete. It seems likely it would fall apart in any trial but the trial isn’t the point. The injunction is.
    Absolutely. No way that RD's lawyers would have permitted such a simple evasion of ESI's liability.
    Bizarre to see Bob Whitehand (one of the ex-Ds who, as we know, had been planning their own injunction to void RD's sale to ESI) wonder in a tweet the other day why ESI simply didn't sell CAFC. 
    Not that it matters to the price of fish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leaving aside what a court might make of it, under the interim injunction, ESI can’t sell CAFC in my opinion because it would retain obligations to Duchatelet without control of the entity that triggers them, for example status payments, tenancy and the famous guarantee. I believe the deal would have been put together by Teacher Stern in that way precisely to stop ESI moving CAFC Limited out of its purview to avoid the obligations. Moreover debt - or something at any rate - is secured by a charge in favour of RD over CAFC Limited, not ESI.

On the other hand everything about the Panorama-Lex Dominus contract appears to be a shambles. The EFL and the parties interpret its meaning differently (and the same party differently when it suits it), it references the share capital of CAFC Limited rather than ESI, it is incomplete. It seems likely it would fall apart in any trial but the trial isn’t the point. The injunction is.
    It's hardly surprising that there's confusion when you get official statements like this from Nimer in June

"You will all be aware of recent boardroom events which, this this announcement, we can now put behind us.
    "I have made the difficult decision, having received advice and listened to fans' wishes, to hand the club over to a consortium that will have sufficient time and be in a position to take the club forward."

With the website changing ownership to PE and co.

The court case in November will be fascinating (as long as we're just bystanders)
  • Like the Jeremy Kyle of corperate lawsuits
  • Ultimately, another week shouldn't be a big deal. Given the decision has been made, the chances of undermining the authority of the judge via the appeal has very little chance of success from what I can gather. So rather than us having to wait until November, we have to wait until Wednesday. And of course, the club still has to be sold. If it is sold say on Thursday or Friday next week, the delay surely hasn't even been a delay.
  • edited September 2020
    Ultimately, another week shouldn't be a big deal. Given the decision has been made, the chances of undermining the authority of the judge via the appeal has very little chance of success from what I can gather. So rather than us having to wait until November, we have to wait until Wednesday. And of course, the club still has to be sold. If it is sold say on Thursday or Friday next week, the delay surely hasn't even been a delay.
     Not unless you count Bowyer not being allowed to get bodies in before the season starts?

This is already having an effect. Elliott will be doing all he can to slow things down now. Expect this appeal to be lodged at the last possible moment. That gives him more time for the fan base to give him pelters and improve his chances.

He told us he lodged his appeal to the EFL within hours of being rejected. Why the delay now?
  • Rothko said:
    They can lodge the appeal super late, just means the temp injunction will lapse, and the likelihood of Pearce allowing an extension, sounded vanishingly small
     So if by some remote chance they lodged an appeal now how quickly would it be heard?
  • Yes, ideally we would want the club sold now for the reason you have stated. What I said was that if the club isn't sold immediately after the appeal is ruled out, there hasn't been a delay.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!