Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Pearce acknowledged that consequences might have been overstated, but has to be at least some risk that what Mihail says is correct, says Chaisty. So what? Lewison intervenes to say this finding is about damages, not balance of convenience.

Ooh, that sounds positive for us: 1-2 now?
  • Chaisty says this isn’t a “public interest case” in the broad sense of the term. #cafc
  • Chaisty says Pearce has unreasonably included some risk of consequences to third party (CAFC) and balanced that against interests of applicant, which is not the course likely to cause the least irremediable prejudice.
  • I have an inkling this will go in our favour based on what's been said so far 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Chaisty says that unless no deal with a third party is struck between now and November, LD will be pursuing completely empty vehicle. Suggests Panorama wouldn't even participate in the speedy trial. Has no interest in defending it.
    I don’t understand what this means?
    Unless an injunction is granted stopping a sale, Lex Dominus will be suing Panorama who will effectively have no assets, and so won't even bother attending the trial.
    This has always seemed to be to be the cornerstone of their argument
  • Chunes said:
    Not a public interest case!! How fcking dare he
    Someone will hopefully point out the attendance at the original hearing
  • Is it just me that isn't seeing posts from @Covered End? Normally tweets appear no problem. 
  • Chaisty: over-emphasis on seriousness of consequences, not to Panorama but to the club, but no evidence as to the likelihood of those consequences coming about.
    I hope Kreamer has a quote from Bowyer.....

" if a sale doesn't go ahead & the embargo lifted by the start of October then the team will not be strong enough to stay up.....and I'll be leaving"
  • Chaisty: Even if there equality of harm, Judge Pearce did not consider the status quo properly. Hasn't been a sale of shares, asking for an injunction, happy to have a speedy trial and strength of claim was not considered at all in the balance of convenience.
  • “ Chaisty says Pearce has unreasonably included some risk of consequences to third party (CAFC) and balanced that against interests of applicant, which is not the course likely to cause the least irremediable prejudice.”

Right, but if CAFC is not relevant than it shouldn’t matter about a sale of the club going through. If their only interest is in PM, then they’re interested in buying the shell regardless. Or intending to indulge damaging the thing they’re trying to buy. Which makes it very clear they’re not interested in running the club (the argument they made in court case 1) but in selling it. This was why they didn’t accept solutions proposed in earlier case about money being put aside.
  • I understand Chaisty is with LD, but I find it concerning all of his comments are about what’s good for LD only, there’s never any mention of what’s good for the club. 

I hope this is where he’s slipped up, and todays judges will see the bigger picture. This is about saving a community asset, but keeping a company like LD afloat in the future. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jints said:
    Chunes said:
    Chaisty says that unless no deal with a third party is struck between now and November, LD will be pursuing completely empty vehicle. Suggests Panorama wouldn't even participate in the speedy trial. Has no interest in defending it.
    Unless an injunction is granted stopping a sale, Lex Dominus will be suing Panorama who will effectively have no assets, and so won't even bother attending the trial.
    And with good reason I would say
  • Chaisty notes that Pearce said history of the club is something he can take into account. No precedent for taking into account third party interests, he says. Not a public interest case, just parties interested in the outcome.
    That's the case in a nutshell. 

Doesnt matter about what's owned by ESI (the club) just who owns it.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Jints said:
    Chunes said:
    And with good reason I would say
    Yep, it's surely their strongest point. 
  • Chaisty now summarizing. Says factors around Charlton’s impact on the community was given “undue weight” #cafc
  • I understand Chaisty is with LD, but I find it concerning all of his comments are about what’s good for LD only, there’s never any mention of what’s good for the club. 

I hope this is where he’s slipped up, and todays judges will see the bigger picture. This is about saving a community asset, but keeping a company like LD afloat in the future. 

I see where you are coming from but, unfortunately, this is a corporate law case for the judges to rule over. I don't think community comes into it, unfortunately for us.
  • edited September 2020
    NLA says don't know why everyone worried as TS says court case has no bearing. 

• Pearce did not take account of £500k put in by Elliott in June, says Chaisty. Ruling outside reasonable disagreement, factors including fate of #CAFC given unreasonable weight, failure to consider absence of evidence on key points from Mihail.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!