Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Chaisty says this is an appropriate case for this court to look again and grant the injunction. Winds up.
  • Chaisty: over-emphasis on seriousness of consequences, not to Panorama but to the club, but no evidence as to the likelihood of those consequences coming about.
    I hope Kreamer has a quote from Bowyer.....

" if a sale doesn't go ahead & the embargo lifted by the start of October then the team will not be strong enough to stay up.....and I'll be leaving"
    Important to us but not relevant to the court or indeed the EFL
  • Lauren Kreamer (LK) on now.
  • Part of me hopes that LD does win, wins their case in November, Sangaard pisses off & Elliott ends up owning the club.

Because then he'll find out what real vengeance is. So will the EFL.

no....that's an unaffordable price we, the fans, would all have to pay. It can't go down that route.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2020
    Chaisty notes that Pearce said history of the club is something he can take into account. No precedent for taking into account third party interests, he says. Not a public interest case, just parties interested in the outcome.
    That's the case in a nutshell. 

Doesnt matter about what's owned by ESI (the club) just who owns it.
    Chaisty is surely making an error here. CAFC aren't a third party, they are the primary and only asset of PM. If the judges are forced to ignore the club, then maybe they should ask Chaisty what else about PM it is they want to buy? If the club is such an irrelevance, then what else about PM is so desirable that an injunction against it's sale is necessary?
    My thoughts exactly, eloquently explained!
  • I'm not overly worried, useual repeating delaying tactics from ld
  • Chaisty is heavily attacking the weight of thought given to the lack of evidence of us potentially hitting troubles if an injuction is placed, however surely that should be balanced by him providing proof that it will not? The injunction certainly does not have any positive effects on the club nor community and it has POTENTIAL negatives. 

Half-time oranges anyone? :neutral:
  • COME on LAUREN !!!!!
  • LK quoting "authorities" around levels of risk. Appellant court should only interfere between two imperfect solutions when judge has exceeded generous ambit within which reasonable disagreement is possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• What does that mean 
  • Chaisty now summarizing. Says factors around Charlton’s impact on the community was given “undue weight” #cafc
    Now that is a fuckin Wrongun
    To put it another way, his only concern is Paul Elliott. Should Elliott's presence at Charlton cause the demise of the club, as it may given  he still hasn't paid his pound or passed the ODT test, this is of no concern to the court. 
    I hope our side point out that this point of view is precisely why Elliott shuld be nowhere near ownership of a football club, or recieve compensation once he gets removed. Guy is a Leach, and his lawyer defends that position.
  • There is a distinct lack of evidence from both sides the whole thing sounds like it's based on rumour and innuendo. There is either a valid sales document. Or there isn't. 
  • The function of appellant court is not to exercise its own discretion just on the basis that current judges would have exercised their discretion differently, says LK.
  • Chaisty notes that Pearce said history of the club is something he can take into account. No precedent for taking into account third party interests, he says. Not a public interest case, just parties interested in the outcome.
    That's the case in a nutshell. 

Doesnt matter about what's owned by ESI (the club) just who owns it.
    Chaisty is surely making an error here. CAFC aren't a third party, they are the primary and only asset of PM. If the judges are forced to ignore the club, then maybe they should ask Chaisty what else about PM it is they want to buy? If the club is such an irrelevance, then what else about PM is so desirable that an injunction against it's sale is necessary?
    Chaisty already said, the clubs expulsion doesnt matter as LD are still interested in the commercial aspect. I take that as meaning "Paul Elliot doesn't care if charlton get thrown out of the football league as he thinks he can knock down the stadium and build some flats, and sell off the silverware, or hold the club ransom to a serious buyer which is the most important thing"

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!