Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    There's a limited amount of slots on Teams, say 200 people can join and theres 600 trying to log in, it creates a queuing system, people that need to be there will get caught in the queue - causing delays-  you then have to take into consideration the courts ability to host, connection speeds, bandwith, server... sure Teams and the courts hardware can host 200 people - but not necessarily successfully.

I've sat in a team training meeting on Teams, 42 people, one person sharing a screen so we can watch.. it was shite. 
    Right but you can set the meeting up so that everyone waits in the lobby before being admitted. You could then admit the people who have to be on the call (in this case our solicitors and Paul Elliott) first and then the remaining capacity goes to joe public. 
    Seriously don’t know why the combatants are not in Court. If it’s OK for the rest of us to go back to work it should be OK for them.
    There are large Courts so they can all keep COVID distances and they knew from last time that there would be a huge demand from fans to watch. Pathetic IMO.
  • Options
    I’ll take no news as good news. Guessing it taking place with main people now on a private link. Assume rick or Cawley would have said otherwise 
  • Options
    They should have known there was significant interest.
  • Options
    Doesn’t this all seem a bit odd?

System crashes so now only the main players are given the link to join?

Or am I being too cynical here?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Richard J said:
    I don't blame anyone, but as Lee says It is what it is. 
    I agree it is farcical. 
    Please leave the call and let Rich and Rick report on Twitter. 
    The call was needed 15 minutes ago, new link coming out to key people only.
    I'll keep an eye out in my inbox then mate
  • Options
    Why do we always finish last?
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    How can this be put at the door of the fans? Absolutely absurd to suggest that.
    Clogging up the system, not turning off camera and mic.
    As far as I'm aware only invitees joined, so there should have been no clogging up the system.
    Anyone not turning off camera & mics was neither here nor there.
    It didn't proceed because the judge, solicitors & Elliot couldn't join.
    This is down to the court's procedures and no one else.
    Well, let's not worry then about whether this goes ahead or not.

At least we know who to blame.
  • Options

It's hosted by Microsoft so I am not sure Manchester court has the ability to crash the service
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never fail to be unsurprised that some Charlton fans instant reaction is to blame other Charlton fans.

This is the courts / judiciary of our great nation. What a shambles. 
    to be fair they are probably dealing with twenty or less requests for any one case normally so I'm cutting them a bit of slack.
  • Options
    And he hasn’t had the new link yet, so 48 mins in and the meeting hasn’t actually started. 
  • Options
    This isn't the fans fault this is the courts fault without a doubt, why the fuck they didn't just let the relevant parties in first is anyones guess
  • Options
    In.

Faith in the British Justice System restored.......for the minute
    I did say "for the minute" though
  • Options
    well, certainly not had the new link emailed to me.
  • Options
    Is Phillips starting or are we going with Amos ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's hosted by Microsoft so I am not sure Manchester court has the ability to crash the service
    Not even if they deliberately allowed too many to access the link?
  • Options
    Well at least the Judge will know how much interest there is for us to be able to move on.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    And he hasn’t had the new link yet, so 48 mins in and the meeting hasn’t actually started. 
    Or more likely, they're just not inviting us all back in
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Or has it & he’s been deliberately left out?
  • Options
    It just makes me laugh... Who could have predicted this? Yet another bizarre twist in our cruel journey
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the state of play is, or we got to wait till tomorrows papers to find out?
  • Options
    Someone WhatsApp when it's over
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Or has it & he’s been deliberately left out?
    Could be I suppose
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!