Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dylan Levitt - Sold by Man U to Dundee United (p14)

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    He went to NK Istra (struggling in the Croatian league, survived by a point) in February and made two starts, five sub appearances. 

He contributed no goals and no assists. I think that tells you everything you need to know about why he didn’t get in the team in SE7.

I’m baffled that he’s still around the Wales squad. Big team bias alive and well.
    he's a deep-lying playmaker ffs
    Well I’m with Callum because i slso think Amos is crap, zero assist and zero goals in how many games? tells you all you need to know…
  • Options
    2 starts and 5 sub appearances is hardly the sort of playing experience to make much of a difference

Wasn't the reality that nobody in this country during the January window wanted him, and in February this was the only option on the table other than a National League loan or U23 matches, which would make it impossible for Wales to consider him (and they seem desperate to pick him)
  • Options
    Not sure Bowyer is cut out for management really…
    What’s it got to do with Bowyer? He’s just not very good, certainly not good enough to play in a League One promotion side. 
  • Options
    What’s it got to do with Bowyer? He’s just not very good, certainly not good enough to play in a League One promotion side. 
    Was just joking referring back to the Bowyer arguments about his ability to pick a good side
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He went to NK Istra (struggling in the Croatian league, survived by a point) in February and made two starts, five sub appearances. 

He contributed no goals and no assists. I think that tells you everything you need to know about why he didn’t get in the team in SE7.

I’m baffled that he’s still around the Wales squad. Big team bias alive and well.
    he's a deep-lying playmaker ffs
    Deep lying playmaker that was only good enough to make two starts in three months no less!
  • Options
    I wasn't impressed with him. 
  • Options
    Was just joking referring back to the Bowyer arguments about his ability to pick a good side
    Ahh gotcha 
  • Options
    I took it seriously and gave it a like as I agree with it as is, lol
  • Options
    I'm sure there's a good player in there, he just seems to be struggling to adapt to the physical rigours of the men's game. Conor Gallagher hadn't made a single senior appearance either when he signed for us but he was immediately throwing himself about and imposing himself, and Levitt needs to learn to do that before he can show of his range of passing more easily in a game. I'm sure he'll get there
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Just watching Dundee Utd v Rangers. Cracking Levitt corner to set up the opener.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And a cracking equaliser from Aribo.
  • Options
    Players always get better after leaving us #fact
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    CH4RLTON said:
    Players always get better after leaving us #fact
    In fairness, right now it would be difficult for them to get any worse!
  • Options
    To be fair, Levitt is a bit older and more experienced now. He's getting a run of games at Dundee Utd and that should help him develop even quicker. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    If you're an English speaker struggling to learn Croatian fast, don't worry, it is one of the hardest foreign languages to learn for native English speakers.
    I thought it was Serbo Croat and a slavic language so mo hoarder than Russian which I had to read as part of my degree course in Chemistry. 
    Croatian and Serbian have been split as happens with independent countries. They're probably as different as Swedish and Norwegian or English and Scots, mutually intelligible with a bit of effort. I'd say Croatian is probably easier to learn than Russian as it consistently uses the Roman alphabet. 
  • Options
    Bloody nora... Just scored for Dundee United.
  • Options
    Nice goal tonight v Celtic tonight 
  • Options
    Superb goal. He's had a really good season for Dundee Utd.

Tony Watt hit the post with a header too. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Oh FFS @Leuth was right
  • Options
    Took his goal beautifully last night. Seems to have grown/bulked up a bit this year. Really did look like a little boy lost with us.  Which a lot of players do tbf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

celtic mad tony watt misses sitter against celtic shock!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4nn0q3 
  • Options
    He was adjudged our player of the match in his first game, and played 2 or 3 more games, including one on a bog in a gale where his replacement and antithesis happened to twat one in from a corner. Bowyer didn't know how to use him because he's a terrible manager and our fans took Pratley's goal as a sign that Levitt was not good enough. If we'd given Levitt a run that season, who knows what he'd have been capable of?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He was adjudged our player of the match in his first game, and played 2 or 3 more games, including one on a bog in a gale where his replacement and antithesis happened to twat one in from a corner. Bowyer didn't know how to use him because he's a terrible manager and our fans took Pratley's goal as a sign that Levitt was not good enough. If we'd given Levitt a run that season, who knows what he'd have been capable of?
    Gilbey also got man of the match on his debut.....
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Gilbey also got man of the match on his debut.....
    ...and how many more games has he played?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

celtic mad tony watt misses sitter against celtic shock!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4nn0q3 
    That wasn't a sitter. 
  • Options
    How are Dundee Utd using him? Surprised to see he’s scored 5 times, he looked like a deep lying midfielder when here - good enough on the ball for the role, but didn’t appear to have enough about him defensively and physically.
  • Options
    He scored a peach the other day.  He’s getting a bit of a reputation at Dundee United - good luck to him.
  • Options
    This is one that I admit has taken my by surprise….. looked so lightweight and ‘meh’ when playing for us (kinda like Matt Smith from City)….

But seems to have had a great year.

Does make me wonder at the comparable strength of league one versus Scottish Prem (outside of Rangers and Celtic)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Black box data analysis report XJF29

1) Levitt ... crap here, good in Scotland

2) Dempsey ... ineffective here, good in Scotland

"Dad ... Dad ... forget the Essex Premier League.  Let's go to Scotland.  We can blow their league out of the loch."