Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dylan Levitt - Sold by Man U to Dundee United (p14)

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    This is one that I admit has taken my by surprise….. looked so lightweight and ‘meh’ when playing for us (kinda like Matt Smith from City)….

But seems to have had a great year.

Does make me wonder at the comparable strength of league one versus Scottish Prem (outside of Rangers and Celtic)
    He's also another year older with more experience playing in senior football. Was probably always a decent player in there but seemed a bit like a rabbit in the headlights during his time with us. Guess it's another case of not judging a young, very inexperienced player too early.
  • Options
    Surprised by all the surprise 
    Accept we all see the game differently, and ability of players divides opinion. For me DL oozed class / style. That he didnt fit Bowyer strategy was a shame
    Had he stayed longer our Midfield creativity would have improved. 

• Options
    Accept we all see the game differently, and ability of players divides opinion. For me DL oozed class / style. That he didnt fit Bowyer strategy was a shame

I’m surprised by your surprise of the surprise 
  • Options

I'd go along with this.  Some of us assessed Levitt quite quickly as a decent player.  The posts are all there for those with the patience to look.

The key point is that you play to a player's strengths.  You don't try to shoehorn him into a preferred way of playing.  Levitt is a quarterback style midfielder, similar to Fraser.

Let's hope that the new manager deals with this type of player better than his recent predecessors have done.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    He was man of the match in his first game, average in his second game, then Bowyer decided to play him away to Fleetwood on a terrible pitch in the pouring rain (why? the kid was a ball-playing midfielder) and then didn't give him another chance. 

I don't know why he got poo-pooed by so many fans, it's not like he was rubbish. 
  • Options
    (it was Northampton)

(also Bowyer subbed on Pratley who twatted one in from a corner ten minutes later, thus justifying never playing Levitt ever again ever)

(it was Pratley's only goal of the season) 
  • Options
    (Bowyer is a terrible manager) 
  • Options

I’m surprised by your surprise of the surprise 
    which in itself, is somewhat surprising
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    (Bowyer is a terrible manager) 
    He rehabilitated your mate Naby, don't forget. 
  • Options
    He was never given a decent run of games, but you could certainly see a player.. very good at passing. I think he'll go to have a very good career
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    He was a boy getting his first taste of 1st XI football. So, he didn't take to it straight away but a year or more later, he's now looking a lot better. There's no shock in a young player getting better after playing more games and getting stronger physically is there? You could even say that just being at Charlton helped his development to the point where he is now more battle-ready. The experience didn't kill him and he was brave enough to go out on loan to Croatia....to me, that speaks volumes about a young player. 
  • Options
    Levitt, Matt Smith 1 and Matt Smith 2 are all reasonable players, but nothing special yet. If they hadn't come through the academy at a Big 6 club, no way would the first 2 have the Welsh caps they've earned already