Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dylan Levitt - Sold by Man U to Dundee United (p14)

Comments

• Options
    Give him a run out in Watsons role as others have said.  Would be good to see what he can do before we lose him.  Plenty of people take months to recover from Covid (even young ones) so it may be we have just been treating him with care...
  • Options
    Yep in the holding role, let's see what he can do. 
  • Options
    If he's fully recovered, Levitt may actually get a start on Friday, with Pratley and Gilbey suspended and Shinnie and Watson injured. I think I also read somewhere on here that young James Vennings is also injured, although both Under 23 games last month were postponed (one is scheduled for Monday, 11 January against Cardiff). Shinnie's absence for over a month and the lack of any disclosed timeframe for his return is a worry and we are certainly light on numbers in midfield at present.

JFC and Levitt in central midfield would give players like Morgan and Maddison more licence to get forward, although I imagine that Millar may well start on the left.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    If he's fully recovered, Levitt may actually get a start on Friday, with Pratley and Gilbey suspended and Shinnie and Watson injured. I think I also read somewhere on here that young James Vennings is also injured, although both Under 23 games last month were postponed (one is scheduled for Monday, 11 January against Cardiff). Shinnie's absence for over a month and the lack of any disclosed timeframe for his return is a worry and we are certainly light on numbers in midfield at present.

JFC and Levitt in central midfield would give players like Morgan and Maddison more licence to get forward, although I imagine that Millar may well start on the left.
    I'd go with this: 

Dazzler21 said:

Amos 
    Gunter - Oshilaja - Pearce - Maatsen
    Levitt
    Morgan - F.Caskey
    Maddison
    Bogle - Aneke
    Subs: M.Brewer, Matthews, Purrington, Millar, Smyth, Washington, Schwartz. 

• Options
    I don't rate him, but if he doesn't start on Friday (and is fit) then Man U should recall him immediately!
  • Options
    Playing Pratley and Watson every single game has come at a cost. Could have used one of them but now moving to another unrecognised midfield we have not played all season. 

Gilbey missing collecting his rusty yellows. Good chance for the younger chaps to show you do not need to be 35+ to compete in the English 3rd tier.
  • Options
    According to South London Press that Man United have recalled him back.
  • Options
    I think that suits both parties. Good luck to the kid. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Blucher said:

I'd go with this: 

Dazzler21 said:

Amos 
    Levitt
    Morgan - F.Caskey
    Maddison
    Bogle - Aneke

Why on earth would you start Bogle? Blokes confidence is shot to pieces.
  • Options
    Cant see that anywhere online !?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CHG said:
    I think that suits both parties. Good luck to the kid. 
    100% anyone know the wages deal with both parties? Was looking forward to seeing what this kid could do but just didn't work out for whatever reasons. Like you said good luck to the kid in the future
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Blucher said:

I'd go with this: 

Dazzler21 said:

Amos 
    Levitt
    Morgan - F.Caskey
    Maddison
    Bogle - Aneke

Because we've not seen how he can work with Aneke and Washington is starting to look like he needs a rest.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Blucher said:

I'd go with this: 

Dazzler21 said:

Amos 
    Levitt
    Morgan - F.Caskey
    Maddison
    Bogle - Aneke

Because we've not seen how he can work with Aneke and Washington is starting to look like he needs a rest.
    Think i'd rather go with Maddison and Smyth/Millar either side of Aneke in a front 3 than waste a spot on Bogle.
  • Options
    I follow @cafcfacts on Twitter and they posted a tweet about it this morning mate
  • Options
    We did not see the best of Levitt,I just wonder how good he would have been if he had had some quick forwards to aim at,instead of most of the time having to play short passes.I think he is highly capable of dropping a long ball over defenders heads for forwards to run on to.
  • Options
    I wish the lad well, I honestly do. I hope he becomes as rich and famous as David Beckham.

But he has showed nothing at Charlton to make me think that will happen. An anonymous performance at Lincoln, an abysmal one against Sunderland and taken off at half time against Northampton says it all.

Sometimes loans just don't work out. And with the young man being far away from his family and friends during a lockdown it was never going to be easy for him. So best for all concerned he goes back home.

As I say, I wish him well. But I'd be surprised if he has a career in the Premier League. I suspect a good, solid career down the pyramid awaits him. 
  • Options
    He was voted our man of the match at Lincoln, and 'abysmal' against Sunderland? He tried some Hollywood balls, sure, but would you rather he'd just knocked it around the back? 
  • Options
    Would've liked to have seen have another go tonight given the situation. Hope he gets a more suitable loan next time. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Leuth said:
    He was voted our man of the match at Lincoln, and 'abysmal' against Sunderland? He tried some Hollywood balls, sure, but would you rather he'd just knocked it around the back? 
    He was also playing behind the terrific pairing of Oztumer & Vennings. 
  • Options
    I follow @cafcfacts on Twitter and they posted a tweet about it this morning mate
    It's not in the SLP digital edition - the Tweet said it was in the paper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    It's not in the SLP digital edition - the Tweet said it was in the paper.
    It's in the last paragraph on the back page of the digital edition
  • Options
    Unfortunate timing, with Watson injured and Pratley and Gilbey suspended!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Unfortunate timing, with Watson injured and Pratley and Gilbey suspended!
    I guess we get to see Williams and Maddison start together then, if only by default!!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    His performance against Sunderland really was abysmal. I don't think one of his passes found a red shirt all match and he just looked like a kid trying to play in a man's match. As for his free kicks....

There's no point you trying to rewrite history. He was awful that day.

The fact he has hardly played since rather confirms it's not just me who thought he wasn't very good for us.

As I say, I hope he proves me wrong. I hope he uses my post to spur himself on. But I still think we are more likely to find him playing for the likes of Blackburn than Man Utd in future.    
  • Options
    A player who would probably have done better under the Bowyer of 2 seasons ago, or a manager who played a more positive midfield.
  • Options
    Gone. Thanks for the memories
  • Options
    Assume he was going to be mustard as we signed him during the embargo so it was only one in one out, so assumed we got the most important player in first. I was very wrong about that.
  • Options
    We move on!