Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dylan Levitt - Sold by Man U to Dundee United (p14)

Comments

• Options
    Is that genuinely his Agent?
  • Options
    He looked like a little boy lost when he came down to that there London.

How the f**k is he going to cope in Croatia!

Very odd, can't see Man utd wanting many of their young prospects being  sent out there.
  • Options
    He looked like a little boy lost when he came down to that there London.

How the f**k is he going to cope in Croatia!

Very odd, can't see Man utd wanting many of their young prospects being  sent out there.
    Very much Agent led I would imagine.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Is this one of those loans where they send the lad abroad because he needs to grow up a bit? LB said he was very shy. Nothing like moving abroad on your own to shock you out of your shell. 
  • Options

I wonder how that fits with Vovid and unnecessary travel or holidays at the moment. 

Guessing it’s allowed due to work. I’m assuming once he is there, he is there. No coming back for a few days to see family.

it’s going to be a lonely few months for him. Unless he is fluent in Croatian 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Is this one of those loans where they send the lad abroad because he needs to grow up a bit? LB said he was very shy. Nothing like moving abroad on your own to shock you out of your shell. 
    Leaving the comfort blanket of Man U U23s to play in L1 in London would be enough of a culture shock surely?

What he needs is regular games, but if you're a "classy but a bit weak" defender, maybe they feel L1 would be too physical for him?
  • Options
    Loan to Croatia has been confirmed today.
  • Options
    You do have to ask the question if that's "tough love" or washing thier hands of him.

Yes it maybe agent led but there is no way on God's earth that Manchester United would let him go there unless either they thought it was good for him or they plan on getting rid in the summer and don't care. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loan to Croatia has been confirmed today.
    The Croats will definitely toughen him up 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You do have to ask the question if that's "tough love" or washing thier hands of him.

Yes it maybe agent led but there is no way on God's earth that Manchester United would let him go there unless either they thought it was good for him or they plan on getting rid in the summer and don't care. 
     Think about it. How often will his own scouts & coaches be able to keep an eye on him?
    How many visits from the club welfare officer?
    How often will he be on the telly?

Looks like they're giving him the elbow if you ask me.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Think about it. How often will his own scouts & coaches be able to keep an eye on him?
    How many visits from the club welfare officer?
    How often will he be on the telly?

Looks like they're giving him the elbow if you ask me.
    Well quite, I mean, has he got family, a mate or something else there? 
  • Options
    I’d say he needs a new agent

if Man U want him gone that’s their prerogative but throwing him to the wilderness seems a bit much.  He might be better dropping to the championship for a season - someone like Boro or Swansea 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

if Man U want him gone that’s their prerogative but throwing him to the wilderness seems a bit much.  He might be better dropping to the championship for a season - someone like Boro or Swansea 
    He couldn't get a game in L1 for us, how he's going to get a decent Championship side?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

He couldn't get a game in L1 for us, how he's going to get a decent Championship side?
    I feel like many a porkie was told of Levitt's ability, but he didn't get much of a chance for us, certainly less than Gilbey and for me was no worse. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Unused sub on three occasions thus far. Yet to make his Croatian debut.
  • Options
    Unused sub on three occasions thus far. Yet to make his Croatian debut.
    Seems to be his prime role this season, the unused sub!

Maybe he'll come good there, but it doesn't feel that United are managing his loan spells well. Either he's at too high a level and needed a lower L1 side (like Matt Smith had at Swindon) or he needed to stay in their U23s for another year
  • Options
    Sent to an old war zone. Bad times 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel a bit bad for him. Young kid in Croatia alone, can't even the normal stuff a footballer would do. The articles about him paint a picture of him being a quiet and shy kid. Bizarre decision sending him there
    Agreed. Can't see how it will help his career.
  • Options
    If you're an English speaker struggling to learn Croatian fast, don't worry, it is one of the hardest foreign languages to learn for native English speakers.
  • Options
    I know it was Serbia rather than Croatia but cant imagine the culture being that different as both previously under Yugoslavia but Josh Parker's experience in the former shows what can happen to you if you're frozen out

Thankfully Dylan is only there on loan instead of on a permanent deal
  • Options
    Sent to an old war zone. Bad times 
    Most places are an old war zone 
  • Options
    Sending him out to Croatia is a bizarre decision 
  • Options
    Not sure Bowyer is cut out for management really…
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    He went to NK Istra (struggling in the Croatian league, survived by a point) in February and made two starts, five sub appearances. 

He contributed no goals and no assists. I think that tells you everything you need to know about why he didn’t get in the team in SE7.

I’m baffled that he’s still around the Wales squad. Big team bias alive and well.
  • Options
    Crikey I'm obviously at that age, I opened this thinking we had just signed him up, NURSE!
  • Options
    He went to NK Istra (struggling in the Croatian league, survived by a point) in February and made two starts, five sub appearances. 

He contributed no goals and no assists. I think that tells you everything you need to know about why he didn’t get in the team in SE7.

I’m baffled that he’s still around the Wales squad. Big team bias alive and well.
    he's a deep-lying playmaker ffs