Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crewe v Charlton | Sat 12 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    It's strange not to be on the way to the first game of the season, and by the look of it it'll be a long time before I get to see any live game .. 
  • Options
    Normally a newly promoted side will have all the momentum and positive vibes, whereas the relegated side will have the opposite. However Crewe haven't played a league game since March and there will be no fans, so that will negate a lot of that advantage

Yes our defence is patched up, but lets not downplay ourselves here. Crewe will look at our side and see us a big club, full of players who've done it at a higher level, Williams, Amos, Pratley, JFC, Bonne etc, established L1 players like Washington, Oztumer, Purrington, Gilbey, Aneke, and a number of talented youngsters, like Doughty, Morgan, Levitt etc. 

Crewe will be expecting a tough afternoon.

• Options
    CAFC to win ?

The Cafc which is obsessed with trains.
    The Cafc which sells its best youngsters.
    The Cafc which isn't that far from rich Premier teams.
    The Cafc that Danny Murphy played for.

I hope that's clear.
    Play in red as well 
  • Options
    2-4 to us
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    CAFC to win ?

The Cafc which is obsessed with trains.
    The Cafc which sells its best youngsters.
    The Cafc which isn't that far from rich Premier teams.
    The Cafc that Danny Murphy played for.

I hope that's clear.
    Play in red as well 
    Well that narrows it down as one will be in Grey ;) 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Remember when Freddie Ulvestad turned out to be a gun CB at League One level? Hopefully one of our midfielders could do a similar turn if required 
    Genuinely don’t, if I’m honest? 
    He was certainly mediocre in midfield, which was a level above Crofts and Foley. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    As I implied in my earlier post Bowyer could only work with what he had in a higher division which in the final analysis wasn't enough for a variety of reasons. Not least of all our best hold up player to relieve pressure on the defence, downing tools.

It was horses for courses and had we had the ability to go and get a second or third goal we would have done. So the 'let's hang on to what we've got' (Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons) approach prevailed.

Leaving a player up at corners, two players on the post defending a corner was my era and is preaching to the converted. However these days everyone in a defensive position and just one or sometimes no one on the post is often preferred. Ah for the good old W formation and tactics of yesteryear  😉.
    Attack attack attack attack attack 
  • Options
    3-3. Patchy defence but we look good going forward. 
  • Options
    Hope we win and I think we will but can’t remember ever being less interested in the start of a season than I am now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen enough in the pre season friendly at Palace and the 2 Cup games to believe we are capable of playing some good football even after all our departures. We'll be too good for Crewe. 
  • Options
    Tough game, they finished 2nd? So will have momentum...
  • Options
    Pulsating humdinger, 3-2 Charlton
  • Options
    At this level Lapslie has it in him.
    Hmm.