Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2021

Comments

• Get some sleep fella and binge it when you wake up. Better than playing for a couple of hours and having to stop. :-)
  • Get some sleep fella and binge it when you wake up. Better than playing for a couple of hours and having to stop. :-)
    Lol sleep whats that 🤣🤣

Usually play some FM before bed but deleted FM20 in preparation lol
  • Its live on the app store
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    I’m not the researcher anymore but have suggested they update the 5 year plan based on what TS has said, so I’m hopeful that’ll be included in the full release.

I’ve also just shared the TalkSPORT clip where TS mentions putting £12m into the club. Might be too late but hoping the finances will receive a big boost too.
    Do you know who is the researcher now? Are they on here?
    Not sure if he’s on here.

https://twitter.com/hashtagoliverk
    Hi mate,

I'd be surprised if they've made any changes to our finances so am planning to do some myself in the editor. As you've been the researcher just wondering what level you'd put our finances at?

Cheers
    Not had a chance to check but I believe the finances and Maatsen have been upgraded.

On Doughty and Inniss I’d say just play the game - quick players aren’t as well rounded, and they don’t need to be to be effective. Doughty’s attributes reflect his acceleration and pace are his main strengths, he should score and create goals in game. It’s understandable why Inniss isn’t a top League 1 CB given he was in the division below last season, I think he’ll probably still do a good job in game - don’t read too much into the star ratings.
  • Ridiculous 1am now and anyone with an IPhone have been able to download it for the past hour.

Anyone with Android still cant download it.

Same game different app store, apparently its just down to when Google Play release it now as FM have said its good to go as off midnight 
    I work in app development and the Google Play store is a joke. They barely keep the apps safe and take an age to put anything live. You also have a very small window to update anything on the App Store whereas you can do it at any point on iOS 
  • alicwkd said:
    Only played preseason but liking it so far. The match engine seems a clear upgrade from last year. 

Will update when I've played a fair few games but based on stats, reports and pre season performances a few of our lads seem a bit underrated. Doughty and Matthews for sure, and, based on their early season form IRL, Inniss, Famewo, and Gunter. Maatson is the worst. I guess it's understandable as he is totally unproven in men's football but his stats are atrocious. I would also add Chucks as I think he's class but I know not everyone would agree with that.

On the plus side, JFC, Oshilaja,  Levitt, Willaims and Bogle all seem very strong compared to where I would pitch them at. 

Unfortunately there appears to have been a bit of an oversight with regards to Sandgaard as the clubs finances are listed as insecure and transfer budget is a big fat 0. He also refused to allow couches to go on any courses due to the club's perilous financial situation. Hopefully this gets fixed. 
    Still on the same save. I'm pleased to say with regards to our budget it may have been a mistake by me. I had 'disable first window transfers' ticked when setting up the game. As soon as the summer window closed my budget updated to 2.4M :) 

That said, it still lists our finances as insecure while most league 1 teams are secure or better, and refers to us as cash strapped Charlton. Hopefully this will change but at least there is a budget! 

Had a look at Sorba Thomas and our scouts think he is no better than a league 2 player so didn't pull the trigger on that one! 
  • Does anyone know the reason none of our players have the faces showing? 
  • Does anyone know the reason none of our players have the faces showing? 
    I think clubs have to submit them...
  • Amazing! 

Bogle has just scored a hat trick for me, 2 of them penalties!
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazing! 

Bogle has just scored a hat trick for me, 2 of them penalties!
    Take it Washington wasn’t on the pitch then? ;)
  • Scoham said:
    Does anyone know the reason none of our players have the faces showing? 
    I think clubs have to submit them...
    Ah that would make sense.
  • Started one with Charlton last night after that s**t show!

Smyth up top is banging them in albeit pre season! Bogle is an assist monster!

Sold Pratley to Rochdale to free up a salary and brought Conor Shaughnessy in.

Missed out on a couple of good free agents though, which is frustrating. 

Might be sacking Jacko...I feel ashamed at my own actions!

• From Beta- Release, its so much more smoother. Just a little more refined as expected. I had no issues really but there were slight bugs, but they appear to be gone. I like the little sky sports preview thing before you click play thats cool, i dont really watch it but just little things like that work. 

My Reading save, i beat City in the FA cup 5th round, backs against the wall job on penalties it was 1-1 but they had 20 shots me only a few, was buzzing. Chelsea in the quarters so surely that one i will be out but a good run still. 35 games played 2nd , 7 points behind Norwich and 7 infront of Derby. Only signed Smith-Rowe, Balogun both Arsenal, Puscas has been a beast i think 28 goals from 32 games (Includes 4 sub appearances) problem is i play 433DM Tika Take, i do feel i have to regularly swap my players due to injury concerns etc. Did sign a back up keeper too as my keeper wanted to go, ended up keeping him until Jan which definitely helped. 
  • Started one with Charlton last night after that s**t show!

Smyth up top is banging them in albeit pre season! Bogle is an assist monster!

Sold Pratley to Rochdale to free up a salary and brought Conor Shaughnessy in.

Missed out on a couple of good free agents though, which is frustrating. 

Might be sacking Jacko...I feel ashamed at my own actions!

Still playing 20 version and on season 1! I want to sack him as I feel I can get in better, I’ve tried offering him a coaching contract just to keep him fir real life sentiment, he turned it down as is now angry at me
  • There's nothing revolutionary about this Football Manager (there never should be in my opinion) and it feels like it's the best one yet, so far. 
  • Maatsen although has poor stats, he has tremendous potential and is one of my best performers, sharing the wing back slot with doughty, put a bit of faith in him. 
  • Scoham said:
    I’ve never installed a newgen facepack but this looks brilliant. https://youtu.be/kZRcjkRKbLE
    I’ve got a headache. Was that real?
  • That’s mental and also amazing.
  • Sponsored links:

• MeerKat said:
    Maatsen although has poor stats, he has tremendous potential and is one of my best performers, sharing the wing back slot with doughty, put a bit of faith in him. 
    That's interesting. I started with Doughty as my first choice LB but he picked up a bad injury. Decided I would rotate Maatson and Purrington but Ben has been on an absolute tear up since he came in- my second highest rated player after Pearce and just came second in L1 player of the month!
  • edited December 2020
    I just started a Charlton save. 

Why do we have so many central midfielders? I don't even know what to do with them all. It's such a weird squad.
  • Chunes said:

Why do we have so many central midfielders? I don't even know what to do with them all. It's such a weird squad.
    because we usually play a diamond midfield IRL, unfortunately doesnt work too well in fm's match engine. 
  • Chunes said:

because we usually play a diamond midfield IRL, unfortunately doesnt work too well in fm's match engine. 
    I play a 4-3-1-2 (not quite diamond as I have 3 in the middle rather than a DM) and it's served me well for a long time (I've got Wellibg promoted every season so far apart from one (Conference National, lost the playoffs) and am sitting top in the Championship at the moment. Quite simply, it minimises the amount of different positions you need to fill playing 3 CMs rather than 2 with 2 wingers.

• Chunes said:

Levitt didn't play a single minute for me all season, Pratley barely featured. Desperately wanted to give Morgan some time but found it hard to get him in. I really wanted to play a diamond but I've just never managed to get it working in this or FM20. 
  • Huskaris said:
    Chunes said:

I play a 4-3-1-2 (not quite diamond as I have 3 in the middle rather than a DM) and it's served me well for a long time (I've got Wellibg promoted every season so far apart from one (Conference National, lost the playoffs) and am sitting top in the Championship at the moment. Quite simply, it minimises the amount of different positions you need to fill playing 3 CMs rather than 2 with 2 wingers.

Any chance you could post the tactic if you wouldn't mind? I've really tried to get a diamond working but never have much joy with it. Ended up just switching to a different system each time to actually get some good performances!
  • alicwkd said:
    Huskaris said:
    Chunes said:

Any chance you could post the tactic if you wouldn't mind? I've really tried to get a diamond working but never have much joy with it. Ended up just switching to a different system each time to actually get some good performances!
    Sure!

See below, let me know if you have any questions. Working wonders for me.

Note: Once I hit the prem and have access to top players, I have 2 complete forwards, one support, one attack, and 2 complete wing backs. At least that's how I have done in the past!

Another tip by the way, is use your loan slots. You will often be able to get promoted based on 5 top quality loans in a season. Loan players have 2 fantastic advantages: 1) Players that good wouldn't talk to you if you were going to try and sign them you can get on loan and 2) the wages that you pay (they want 100% contribution a lot more this year, whereas before you could often avoid paying any wages of loanees) are still significantly less than what a player of that calibre would be worth, as often they are 18-20 year old kids who are still on comparatively low wages.

• Cheers, will give it a go. 
  • Chunes said:

I had to go 3-5-2 with Charlton when I first got FM20 because there's practically no width in there. I haven't played the latest edition but FM typically isn't quite smart enough tactically to get the diamond to work effectively.