Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln City v Charlton Athletic | Post-match thread | Sunday 27th September

I thought we looked the better side through the first half, but then looked very hesitant throughout the entirety of the second. Sometimes, a soft penalty and a clearly offside goal will fire up a team, but we just seemed to lose our nerve today. Lincoln were ordinary at best.

We’re just days out of a long, long period of high stress and uncertainty. It will take time until that spell is broken. Let’s take the opportunity to focus on the fact that with Thomas we’re on the way up, irregardless of poor results like today.

Comments

• Options
    First half good, second half not so good. 
  • Options
    Time to get your cheque book out again Thomas !
  • Options
    1 week to sign some decent players to make a go of the first half of the season otherwise it's going to be grim.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    First half good, second half not so good. 
    First half much better than second, but still not very good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dreadful performance.

Imagine being in the same league as Lincoln and then losing to them, embarrassing on both counts. 
  • Options
    Well, I suppose at least Bowyer can't blame Morgan for how shit Oshilaja and Purrington are. 

Blind

That was dog shit again. 
  • Options
    Rerun of last week. Every area needs strengthening, from goalkeeper to striker.
  • Options
    Predicted a 3-1 defeat so almost right. Losing 2-0 to Lincoln shows how far we have sunk. 
  • Options
    First half decent, second half shambles 
  • Options
    Deserved nothing from that. Bows I'm sure will be expecting a few more signings this week. Need time for the team to gel so I really don't want to overreact. I have no confidence in atm Bonne any time he gets the ball passed to him. Neither team created anything in the second half, undone by a crap back pass and a lapse in defending.

We go again
  • Options
    Standard bad officiating in L1 as always, but very little quality or individual skill on show from us again - same as in the Donny match. 
  • Options
    I think Bowyer will I use the penalty/goal from today to fire the team up, hone in on the ruthlessness they’re gonna need to compete. Plus a few reinforcements to bring a bit of new energy (and maybe Dillon and Doughty to sign again). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    European football. 
  • Options
    Might be a blessing in disguise if it convinces LB that the need for reinforcements is more urgent than he previously thought.
  • Options
    Josh D must be shocking in training to not get at least 15 mins in that side.  Lincoln defended well when required (not often enough).  Shocking pen/offside decision, but that cost us at most a 0-0
  • Options
    Think people need to curb expectations until we have a few more players through the door - we're still playing a 17 year old at RB ffs.

Deji not good enough by a long stretch. Doughty had some moments of class but just needs to sort that final ball out.

Ozzy was okay, but why doesn't JW start this season? Is it down to a disrupted pre-season? 
    Like Barker but would love to have him sent out on loan. Will be unfair to him if he has to play in the team for most of the season