Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln City v Charlton Athletic | Post-match thread | Sunday 27th September

Comments

• Options
    Unless we get some quality players in pronto, we'll have to write the season off.

However, given what we've had to suffer for the last seven odd years, I suppose that we need to manage expectations and be grateful that we still have a club to support!

As Isaw says; if we achieve anything this season it will be a bonus; we have a lot of rebuilding to do on and off the pitch.
    We did win the play off final the season before last though....
  • Options
    Been at work so haven’t seen any of the game but I predicted a 2-0 defeat. It sucks that we lost but not going to get too despondent. The takeover has given us a glimmer of hope for this season but I’ll take consolidation and a mid table finish tbh as we’re not going to undo the damage that has been inflicted on us recently in a few short weeks and definitely not before the window closes regardless of how many extra bodies we bring in. My mindset is this season can be written off, the season after is where the work really begins. Having said that, if we sneak into the playoffs then brilliant but either way my faith in Bowyer is and will remain 100%.
  • Options
    Forster Caskey is so bad its almost unbelievable. I'd be a happier man if he never played for us again.
    Offers nothing. I’ve always been a fan of his, but the game just passes him by. 
    Still playing his way back from a long injury, but does look like he’s lost something compared to when we first signed him. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Now can we have Dillon back in goal?
    Not seen a single complaint about Amos today...
    Surely if you’re serious about winning anything you play your best players. Dillon was player of the year last season and number one choice ahead of Amos all season.  He’s still the best keeper at the club. If he thinks someone is going to buy him, fair enough, but we should still be playing him. Cutting off our nose to spite our face, if you ask me.
  • Options
    In 2011/12 when we won League 2 we had Wright-Phillips and Kermorgant up front.

In 2018/19, we had (until the end of January) Taylor and Grant up front.

This year we have got Bonne and Washington up front.

And that's why we are going nowhere this year.
    Washington who has so far scored 2 in 3 championship games? He looked a hell of a lot more lively then Bonne today for sure. 

Maybe if we bring some new players Bowyer will change the formation and the way we play - but currently you could have David Silva in the centre of the park but he won't do anything if he's sitting that deep all the time. 

Unfortunately we’re in League One!
  • Options
    I wonder if it may have been any different if the red army of fans had been in the stadium. I think It did make a difference the last time we was in this shit league.
  • Options
    Forster Caskey is so bad its almost unbelievable. I'd be a happier man if he never played for us again.
    Still playing his way back from a long injury, but does look like he’s lost something compared to when we first signed him. 
    Since the injury, his best game was at Fulham when he played LWB. He probably needs a decent run of 10 consecutive games to get himself going again. I don’t think we can give him those 10 games though. Being a big part player isn’t going to work for him. 
  • Options
    We were 2-1 to win before the game and I wasn't tempted. V's Lincoln...!  

I only watched the last 20 mins, it was dreadful.  What was the corner about for their second, Oshilaja just kicking it out of play, I never even saw that in the Bromley & Orpington 5th division when I used to play Sunday league.  Then a free header for their top scorer.

Our team is a million miles away from top half, let alone promotion.  Those talking about how many midfielders we have... Maybe in numbers but not in quality.  We need reinforcements all over the pitch.
    I was and it fucked up my accumulator :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We fans need to be a bit more patient. We aint going to be Barcelona 48 hours after Tommy rides in . We have a thin squad with a couple of additions added at the last minute. We are not going to run like a well oiled machine given the upheaval we've had over the past few years. 
    This
  • Options
    I agree, but when we get the players in, we do need to see things improve a fair bit.
  • Options
    Lincoln are a form side, winning every match over than Liverpool, it was always going to be tough.

Even allowing for the flaws and gaps in our squad, it’s been a disappointing start overall. It does seem that some players, e.g. Bonne, Williams and Morgan seem to have gone backwards . With the squad we have we should be creating and scoring more
  • Options
    Watch Sunderland rub salt in the wound next week by playing McGeady.
  • Options
    Williams needs a bit more of a chance. Morgan hasn't gone backwards. more hasn't yet pushed his game on to match his potential and Bonne probably is a victim of deficiencies around him as much as his own game. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Its a long season. When we dropped from the PL, we started some season's off so brightly, that felt we would walk it, only for a collapse after 10 games in. Lets chill and go with the flow this year.

I hope Bows manages to keep motivation in the team and also not repeat the same press conference week after week.
  • Options
    Who has?
    Forster-Caskey
  • Options
    Need need to work some of these refs maybe devote 15 mins to practice the correct way to fall in the box try and sway some refs everybody else does it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disappointing result, yes. But decisions went against us again which changed the game. Just have to remember that at least we can now improve the squad, whereas this time last week this wasn't the case.
  • Options
    Let's stop making up crap about Bonne too. He's always been hit and miss!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The first goal was a crap decision, but we ought to be good enough to overcome it. I disagree with Bowyer's assessment about missing chances. Maybe at the start of the game to a degree but we didn't create much to miss in the second half!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Brings us down with more than a bump! 
    Shocking substitutions when chasing a game, a game we shouldn’t have ever been chasing!!
    100%. As the pp had just said, should have brought Williams on for Purrington & put Doughty at left wing back - and Davison on for Bonne. Not the first time Bows can't make a positive substitution. I mean.....JFC ffs !!

And I don't get all this Jonny Williams can only play 15 mins bollox. Start your best players & if they tire after an hour then replace them (with Oztumer). 

Aaargh.....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Played two of the top four ....
    That's why those 2 teams are in the top 4. Because they beat Charlton.

• Options
    Who has?
    Can't you read the comments you're responding to yourself?
  • Options
    Few things (forgetting the abysmal decision for the 1st goal).  Doughty should be taking games like this by the scruff of the neck....but looked pretty average today.  Oshilaja is pants.  The way he gifted them the corner for the 2nd goal is inexcusable. 

Don’t get the Williams thing - fit enough to start for Wales but not in league 1? Don’t understand it. 

And Bonne - he doesn’t offer us very much at all. 

We are 6 players short. 
    What is the minium height a player must be then?
  • Options
    We need Chuks. Maybe him and Johnny can win us games in 15 mins. Either starting or finishing a game will do. Lets start Stage 4 of our protests about rolling subs actually!?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    sammy391 said:
    Brings us down with more than a bump! 
    Shocking substitutions when chasing a game, a game we shouldn’t have ever been chasing!!
    100%. As the pp had just said, should have brought Williams on for Purrington & put Doughty at left wing back - and Davison on for Bonne. Not the first time Bows can't make a positive substitution. I mean.....JFC ffs !!

And I don't get all this Jonny Williams can only play 15 mins bollox. Start your best players & if they tire after an hour then replace them (with Oztumer). 

Aaargh.....
    As the previous poster, I have to agree with you. And what you say about Williams is spot on. Maybe all the turmoil has affected Boyer. I didn't like him having a go at the ref at half time, leave it till the end of the game. He should have been in the dressing room lifting the players.

Maybe now he can get some normality, we will see the Bowyer we know and love.