Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln City v Charlton Athletic | Post-match thread | Sunday 27th September

Comments

• Options
    First half decent, second half shambles 
    Wonder what took the wind out of their sails at half time? 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Think people need to curb expectations until we have a few more players through the door - we're still playing a 17 year old at RB ffs.

Deji not good enough by a long stretch. Doughty had some moments of class but just needs to sort that final ball out.

Ozzy was okay, but why doesn't JW start this season? Is it down to a disrupted pre-season? 
    Like Barker but would love to have him sent out on loan. Will be unfair to him if he has to play in the team for most of the season 
    Yep absolutely.. He's shouldn't be starting, especially out of position. 
  • Options
    Yeah. We need six player without doubt. 
  • Options
    Oshilaja giving away that corner....shocking
    That was really bad but, by his (very low) standards I don't think that he was too bad today. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    First half - some good football and we had our chances.  Couldn't see why the penalty was given - good save by Amos but must have been offside for the goal.  Slow start (again) to the second half.  Thought the changes didn't work and it finished us off...
  • Options
    Got to remember we're on the same points we were on after three games in 2018/19

We've got plenty of style about us at this level but still need to find some substance - Problem is we need to be the team scoring first, cant think of just a handful of teams that wont score first and sit back to protect what they've got... Its exactly what Lincoln did all game and I give them credit for that

Every time we went forward in the first half they ensured that they got bodies back and in numbers that made them impossible to break through... When they got their goal they had even less impetus to get forward which made our job even harder as they gave even less space which made passing / crossing all the more harder

As I said just before they went 1-0 up... This is something we need to get used to in League One as Lincoln might be up there, they might not but they're not going to be the first team that'll play like this!!

The secret to getting out of this Division is pretty simple... Find a way to break those teams down!!

Today we didnt do that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The side is very average for league one, major overhaul needed in the coming weeks to even think about promotion in every position. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    First half should have had 2 goals, then the absolutely incompetent officials allow a goal that was at least 2 yards off-side!!! Second half we were awful....gifted them a corner in the 88th minute and put no-one of any height on their top-scorer! We need 8/9 new players as a matter of urgency and Pearce back very soon. I was one to give Bonne a chance but last two games he has been appalling, and without a out and out striker we are fucked!! 
    Positives were Levitt, Washington, Oztumer (sp), Purrington and Akin (Norwich youngster)......with a decent cameo from Watson...thats it!!
  • Options
    When we are able to field our first 11 like we were today, it should be better than that. Christ we should have been 3 up. However, I called on Lincoln will score, we will turn shit and then let in a soft second.    We really are just fecking predictable. Still we will have a few new bodies shortly, what’s the betting they join the shit show, rather than improve it......... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When we are able to field our first 11 like we were today, it should be better than that. Christ we should have been 3 up. However, I called on Lincoln will score, we will turn shit and then let in a soft second.    We really are just fecking predictable. Still we will have a few new bodies shortly, what’s the betting they join the shit show, rather than improve it......... 
    Thats the spirit!
  • Options
    First half ok but we degenerated in second half and lost shape. Forwards are a concern. Lots gonna depend who Bowyer brings in. Not confident at all we will push for play offs. Let's judge more after Christmas and see where we are.
  • Options
    the first half performance was okay, if we had better composure and decision making in the other teams area, we would have been in the lead which might have meant the poor second half performance wouldn’t have happened.

there were positives and also negatives. We need more players! No need to panic just yet!
  • Options
    Result no great surprise really and I think we are all hoping the side will improve. 
  • Options
    Absolutely bizarre that the officials can just say they weren't looking and didn't know whether the goal was offside! 

This is supposed to be an Olympic sport for Christ sake. Not a game made up by children in a playground.

Is it handball - offside - a penalty maybe.
    I don't know mummy.
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeee… I'm a referee!

Did they get parents to run the line ?
  • Options
    Today also showed how our luck in the game hasnt improved

Lincoln; Get a free kick from a dubious handball... goal from an even more dubious offside
    Charlton: Levitt has an effort, leaves the goalkeeper misplaced, ball trickles the other side of the post

Lets not kid ourselves, had that effort been the opposition then that would have been a clear goal!!
  • Options
    Somehow we looked comfortable in that first game... Ever since though having today as the first missed game we look disorganised and that's Bowyer's job to sort.

We can blame the tools on the pitch, but it's the managers job to get the best out of them, not blame them.
  • Options
    Only three games in and we have some points on the board, BUT Lee will need the backing that he is looking for and some of our players need to remind themselves that they are capable of a lot lot better than today.

A shame they couldn’t put on a bit of a show, but this is the Charlton way...