Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Really looking forward to see Marcus play for us! Has all the attributes to be a proper fan’s favourite! 
  • Options
    Maddison could be one of our major players. The question is which Marcus Maddison turns up and whether LB can get the best out of him.
    I think people are a little too harsh on Maddison in terms of his attitude, because granted he looks a bit of a tit. But he delivers every single season, the only blip would be Hull but its pretty unreasonable to expect him to perform wonders for a side that were in complete freefall at the time
    The bit that doesn't balance right to me is he delivers every single season and got into the last 13 months of his contract at Peterborough twice, before his last one ran out.  Yet no championship manager took a gamble on him. 

If his attitude isn't the reason, what is? 
  • Options
    Maddison could be one of our major players. The question is which Marcus Maddison turns up and whether LB can get the best out of him.
    I think people are a little too harsh on Maddison in terms of his attitude, because granted he looks a bit of a tit. But he delivers every single season, the only blip would be Hull but its pretty unreasonable to expect him to perform wonders for a side that were in complete freefall at the time
    https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/marcus-maddison-transfer-saga-laid-bare-peterborough-united-chairman-darragh-macanthony-high-maintenanace-made-my-head-go-volcano-unreasonable-demands-1383133

Maddison was described as ‘high maintenance’ by a chairman who has now washed his hands completely of a player he adored as he racked up some impressive stats in 249 first-team games

... had become toxic around London Road. The final straw for the chairman was the player suggesting he should be paid to leave Posh.

Obviously the words of one man, but the PR about his attitude is out there....

• Options
    Him being a tit is clearly exaggerated. Posh were peed off with him, as we would be too, but he hasn't done what a lot of other footballers wouldn't have done. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    The benefit of having an "arrogant" player is that they usually perform. They want to be the centre of attention and to stroke their ego, and to do that they have to do it on the pitch. That's why as a fan I don't care if Maddison has an attitude and neither did the Peterborough fans when he was performing them. For Bows & Co it might bring about a different problem however. 
  • Options
    I’d take anything MacAnthony says with a huge pinch of salt
  • Options
    The benefit of having an "arrogant" player is that they usually perform. They want to be the centre of attention and to stroke their ego, and to do that they have to do it on the pitch. That's why as a fan I don't care if Maddison has an attitude and neither did the Peterborough fans when he was performing them. For Bows & Co it might bring about a decent problem however. 
    or when the snake was performing for us
  • Options
    The benefit of having an "arrogant" player is that they usually perform. They want to be the centre of attention and to stroke their ego, and to do that they have to do it on the pitch. That's why as a fan I don't care if Maddison has an attitude and neither did the Peterborough fans when he was performing them. For Bows & Co it might bring about a decent problem however. 
    Whilst the Taylor saga was frustrating for all involved, it was great experience for Bowyer and his staff in how to deal with a arrogant/problematic player. It’s something you can’t learn on a course, and long term will be good for Bowyers management whenever a player who needs a certain way of coaching comes along. 
  • Options
    There were opportunities to sort the Taylor situation out but it needed a decent owner. I'm sure Bowyer knew that he ought to have the contract sorted early and it needed to be generous, but his hands would have been tied.
  • Options
    So, who is going to get more assists this season for us , Maddison or Williams?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There were opportunities to sort the Taylor situation out but it needed a decent owner. I'm sure Bowyer knew that he ought to have the contract sorted early and it needed to be generous, but his hands would have been tied.
    If we had a "proper owner" we should have sold Taylor and bought Tony last summer.   To reduce the age, hence value, of a key player at almost zero cost is a no brainer.  All other things being equal. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If we had a "proper owner" we should have sold Taylor and bought Tony last summer.   To reduce the age, hence value, of a key player at almost zero cost is a no brainer.  All other things being equal. 
    A proper owner could have seen us keep Taylor and sign Toney. I'd have thought Toney would have been more of a Grant replacement than a Taylor replacement.
    You mean a "proper owner" that is going to invest a hell of a lot of money?  I would substitute my use of proper with "normal" then. 
  • Options
    249 games and 62 goals in just under 6 seasons for Posh. That doesn't suggest a problem player
  • Options
    Whilst the Taylor saga was frustrating for all involved, it was great experience for Bowyer and his staff in how to deal with a arrogant/problematic player. It’s something you can’t learn on a course, and long term will be good for Bowyers management whenever a player who needs a certain way of coaching comes along. 
    Fair point, I’d imagine Bows has played with a few anyway although like you say, Taylor would have been a good experience. 
  • Options
    249 games and 62 goals in just under 6 seasons for Posh. That doesn't suggest a problem player
    No but the fact he played 249 might. I would imagine every game Maddison played for posh there were scouts watching.  If not him Tony, Marriot, Washington etc etc. 

His stats suggest it would be a no brainer for a championship club? 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A proper owner could have seen us keep Taylor and sign Toney. I'd have thought Toney would have been more of a Grant replacement than a Taylor replacement.
    You mean a "proper owner" that is going to invest a hell of a lot of money?  I would substitute my use of proper with "normal" then. 
    No, just that you don't always have to cash in on players in their late 20s/early 30s.

Another way of doing it would have been to keep Taylor and buy someone cheaper than Toney but better than Bonne and Hemed.
  • Options
    Really hope he plays a role tomorrow. Could be vital for us. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Really hope he plays a role tomorrow. Could be vital for us. 
    I hope we’re 3-0 up by the hour mark so Bows doesn’t feel like he has to use Maddison and can instead be eased into the team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus that's awful lol who would ever post something like that... I'm sure he'll get a few responses tho 
  • Options
    The original article went on the injuries thread but based on Bowyers comments what's the feeling around how long he'll be out this time?

“[Maddison] has done something to his ankle. Same as what he’s done last time, he’s gone to shoot and someone went to block it. He’s done the same injury, the back of his ankle. I’ve had one of them and they’re not nice.”
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Hate to say it, but sounds like he's done his achilles.

As for the Insta post...not real is it?
  • Options
    Appears to have an IQ of about 10. As long as he’s good on the pitch i couldn’t care less to be fair.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    What are the odds of getting the exact same injury twice in a row?

Seems more likely he was brought back before it was fully healed
  • Options
    His ankle obviously hadn't healed ready for full training at intensity.