Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aaron Henry - loaned to Crawley p8

Comments

• Options
    Vennings....I remember him and that bus-stop yout moustache!
  • Options
    To me he is the Charlton version of Dylan Levitt.  Good in possession in a deep lying midfield role.  However, doesn’t cover enough ground or is committed enough defensively to be a holding midfielder.  Doesn’t push forward enough or have enough creativity to be an attacking midfielder. He can probably function in a five man midfield where his sole job is to link the lines and switch the point of attack but that seems like a position that is not in favor right now as most clubs want some level of flexibility from their midfielders to play multiple roles.  Still young though so hopefully he can modify his style just probably not with us
    Great assessment. 
  • Options
    Needs a run in the side before I can pass judgement. Seems to have an eye for a pass but as others have said his athleticism is questionable
  • Options
    As I said on Monday's match thread - our midfield has not exactly been stellar this season (or in other recent seasons). Lots of other youngsters have been given chances this season, perhaps more than in any other season I can remember. Several have been able to make a mark when they have appeared. The fact that, despite how mediocre our midfield has been and how much we have been relying on our academy to fill out the squad, multiple managers, over multiple seasons, have not really seen fit to give Henry too many opportunities, and the fact he has not particularly shone when he has appeared probably tells you all you need to know. 
  • Options
    I would let him develop his game elsewhere come the end of the season. He may yet develop into a very good player, but think he needs regular football and won’t be getting that here any time soon, so time to move on.
  • Options
    I felt bad for him, that's how poor he was today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Extremely poor performance and that is being generous. Looked miles away from being a league 1 player on that showing.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Poor today. You'd hope that it's a reality check for Henry and his representatives, when it comes to contract negotiations.
    Let's hope they're with other clubs. 

Needs regular football and won't get it in League One imo. 
  • Options
    I must have said the word Vanarama about 8 times in the first half when discussing the contributions of young Mr Henry 
  • Options
    I thought it was a very poor display today, if we keep him and he signs a contract then a year in league 2 or the national league might improve him but disappointed today.
  • Options
    Poor today. You'd hope that it's a reality check for Henry and his representatives, when it comes to contract negotiations.

As in sign say a 2 year deal, and go out on loan next season 
  • Options

I wouldn't sign him up personally. 
  • Options
    Reckon he'll see sense and sign a new deal and go on loan to a league 2 team next season
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Reckon he'll see sense and sign a new deal and go on loan to a league 2 team next season
    Honestly think he will struggle to get a league 2 loan. Think national league is more likely 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I must have said the word Vanarama about 8 times in the first half when discussing the contributions of young Mr Henry 
    Did it also include "not good enough for"? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

6 months under Garner at Colchester would be a good move. 
  • Options

The club have offered him a contract, so they clearly feel there's something there. He was awful today, but I wouldn't write him off based on one game.

But he also has to realise that there's a reason why he's not in the team, and that he has a lot to learn.
  • Options

The club have offered him a contract, so they clearly feel there's something there. He was awful today, but I wouldn't write him off based on one game.

But he also has to realise that there's a reason why he's not in the team, and that he has a lot to learn.
    With some of the players the club have been offering contracts to, I wouldn't say that really shows anything. 
  • Options
    Was poor today. Made a few mistakes and totally lost confidence. Certainly wouldn't wriute him off. He's only 19!
  • Options
    Had a real stinker
  • Options
    Looked like a boy out there today unfortunately. Will hopefully see sense and sign what the club have put to him and go out on loan next season. 
  • Options
    Not his best today but the whole team were sloppy. End of season mode. Needs a League 2 loan.
  • Options
    What do you reckon cabbles, keep as a squad player 😂
  • Options
    He is no Albie Morgan that is for sure.