Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aaron Henry - loaned to Crawley p8

Comments

• Options
    Let the hype get to his head?
  • Options
    Let the hype get to his head?
    It wasn't a case where he looked complacent, more just that everything he tried didn't work at all - passing in particular. 
  • Options
    He was poor but jees, the lad is 19 was clearly trying, not hiding and getting frustrated at himself. 

What he didn't need was people like the couple of dicks sat behind me screaming to have him subbed after 20minutes and screaming at him for every mistake.  Just embarrassing.  Would love to go to their place of work and scream at them about how crap they are throughout.
  • Options
    Albie Morgan 23 - 144 appearances, 100 shite.
    "Will come good"
    "Still young"
    "Good squad player"

Aaron Henry 19 - 26 appearances, 1 absolute dog shite
    "Get rid"
    "Vanarama at best"
    "My dead nans a better footballer" 
    I know one thing, if Morgan played like Henry did in the first half he’d have been booed off just for the fact that he’s Albie Morgan. 
  • Options
    Way way off it yesterday. Don’t want him near first team next season if we want a serious promotion push. 
  • Options
    He wasn’t great yesterday, but I’m not writing him off yet. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    He wasn’t great yesterday, but I’m not writing him off yet. 
    I agree, he is 19 and need minutes on loan, we should have loaned him this season.

35 yards from goal he tried to pass it forward, Dobson and Morgan always go wide.

That was the only positive, he was slow and static. At one point he gave and stood still and didn't look interested
  • Options
    He was poor but jees, the lad is 19 was clearly trying, not hiding and getting frustrated at himself. 

What he didn't need was people like the couple of dicks sat behind me screaming to have him subbed after 20minutes and screaming at him for every mistake.  Just embarrassing.  Would love to go to their place of work and scream at them about how crap they are throughout.

It was obvious he was of no use to the team after he lost the ball for the first goal. An absolute liability. Sorry to day but that was the worst individual 45 minutes since Liera at Colchester.

• Options
    He's not 12. 19 should be an age where you're beginning to break through into the first team like Leaburn and others before him. 

Henry doesn't look football league quality yet. His previous National league loan wasn't spectacular so perhaps another would be beneficial for him next season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get him out on a seasons loan. If he’s close to our first 11next season we’re in bother again
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Very poor yesterday, positionally out of place, and I started to note his passing it seemed to go: opposition/ opposition/out/ opposition/opposition/ out/ our player/ opposition etc.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I must have said the word Vanarama about 8 times in the first half when discussing the contributions of young Mr Henry 
    I must have used the word *&%$ about 8 times in the first half when discussing the contributions of young Mr Henry.
  • Options
    Joe Aribo made his debut against Millwall at the New Den. His first touch went to a Millwall player and resulted in a goal. He did OK! Give Henry a chance, judge him after a few games!
  • Options
    2years with an option for a third year. Hopefully straight out in loan for next season.. clearly talented but needs to go play first team footy somewhere I think.
  • Options
    Good to have him tied down for another couple of years, really needs to kick on this season.
  • Options
    Pleasantly surprised - Didnt think he'd want to stay here

Definitely needs a year out on loan now though with a January recall, worst case he's integrated into the squad like Ness was
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news this. Can see why Holden rates him and hopefully he’ll kick on. I think a loan would be a good idea as I don’t think he’ll get much first team starts this year. Fair play to the lad and hopefully we’ll see him blossom in the coming years. 
  • Options
    Be interesting to see if we loan him out considering it sounds like Holden stopped that potentially happening in January.

I think he needs it as he needs regular football, and I can’t see him making a massive leap over the summer break. I suppose we will know how well recruitment has gone this summer if he is in and around the first team.
  • Options
    Showed when he played that he was nowhere near ready for first team football. Get him a loan to someone in League Two 
  • Options
    Cheaper Albie option I would guess
  • Options
    Glad he's staying as he's clearly got talent and might become a decent footballer.

But he really needs to work on his game awareness and fitness/mobility. You can't get away with strolling around, with the occasional nice touch or set piece.
  • Options
    Slow in thought, movement and execution. Hopefully on manageable wages. 
  • Options
    Glad he's staying as he's clearly got talent and might become a decent footballer.

But he really needs to work on his game awareness and fitness/mobility. You can't get away with strolling around, with the occasional nice touch or set piece.
    I couldnt see any evident talent.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Christ on a bike he's only 19 ffs some of the comments on here!

As long as he actually develops over the next couple of seasons instead of looking like the exact same player he was on debut, but 3 years later, then he'll do well. 
    Yeah, the option was there for us to let him go but DH and other coaching staff rate him highly enough for him to get another deal. Like you say, some of the comments are ridiculous.