Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aaron Henry - loaned to Crawley p8

Comments

• Options
    Just right. Let us hope for a Karlan Grant style boost.
    Best wishes Aaron.
  • Options
    Good luck. Learn the ugly side of the game and also pass and move, rather than regular blockbuster passes.
  • Options
    A good move for him. Slightly surprised it's a season loan rather than until January, but I presume both parties can terminate it if necessary.
  • Options
    Amazed he got a league 2 gig.
  • Options
    How come? He has had a loan in the conference (or whatever it goes by these days) and did very well. He struggled in league 1 so league 2 seems like the natural place for him at the moment. I think a few clubs at that level would have been interested
  • Options
    Because he is lightweight and imo not very good at all.
  • Options
    I kinda thought the same. Was wondering what Crawley had seen in the games he'd played to make them want him. Wonder goal aside I really can't think of anything positive. Anyway hopefully this move is what makes him. 
  • Options
    Crawley will finish 24th so pretty much a national league quality team. Will be a good but tough experience for Henry 
  • Options
    Because he is lightweight and imo not very good at all.
    You could also use that to sum up what Crawley look like at the moment 
  • Options
    Started in second half today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apart from Mitchell, all others come on as a sub for lower League clubs. That is why we sent them out
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Crawley will finish 24th so pretty much a national league quality team. Will be a good but tough experience for Henry 
    That simply can't be mate. Jason Pearce said we went to their place willingly resigning ourselves to see less of the ball during the course of the game.

I refuse to believe that same Crawley Town that's held in such high regard, who put 4 past us could be relegated  :#
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    We should keep an eye on Crawley’s young striker Klaidi Lolos (who scored from Henry’s assist on Sat). Looked very good against us.
  • Options
    We should keep an eye on Crawley’s young striker Klaidi Lolos (who scored from Henry’s assist on Sat). Looked very good against us.
    I was raving about him at the game with us.  We couldn’t handle him at all.  Excellent feet, great vision and a fabulous body swerve.  There’s a really really decent player in there!  Needs to bulk up a bit but he really did hurt us
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I was gonna say Nick Tsaroulla the left back. Had a fairly decent game against us when he came on and popped up with a goal.

Out of contract next year, from the Spurs academy, 4 goals and 2 assists in 9 appearances for Crawley so far this season.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I was raving about him at the game with us.  We couldn’t handle him at all.  Excellent feet, great vision and a fabulous body swerve.  There’s a really really decent player in there!  Needs to bulk up a bit but he really did hurt us

Interesting he was playing National League South last season for Oxford City and Crawley took a punt on him. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    That simply can't be mate. Jason Pearce said we went to their place willingly resigning ourselves to see less of the ball during the course of the game.

I refuse to believe that same Crawley Town that's held in such high regard, who put 4 past us could be relegated  :#
    I am shocked at how well they are doing. Spent the summer getting rid of a lot of high earners like Dom Telford and replaced them with non-league gambles. Can’t see them keeping up a top 7 pace all season but looks like they might be clear of the relegation battle I thought they’d be in. Shame for Henry as them being half-decent means he’s struggling to get starts 
  • Options
    Some of us Charlton fans certainly do know how to write off a youngster don't we - he's 20 years old!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not looking good for him at Crawley, he’s made 1 start and 5 sub apps in the league. They’re 6th so he’ll likely have to wait for his chance.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Not looking good for him at Crawley, he’s made 1 start and 5 sub apps in the league. They’re 6th so he’ll likely have to wait for his chance.
    Injuries and Cup run his best bet.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Some of us Charlton fans certainly do know how to write off a youngster don't we - he's 20 years old!
    He must have played in about 30 games for us over the last few years, and apart from that half volley against QPR, he’s literally done nothing to suggest he is/will be good enough. Is that writing off a youngster or just judging them on how they’ve performed?
    Probably a bit of both.

Out of those 30 games has he started in the league. It's very difficult to make an impact coming in after 80 minutes.

the other side of the argument is why has he started so few games, obviously not good enough.

I think something is there and hopefully he gets games at Crawley and comes back ready for first team football. I think this loan will define his career short term. This time next year he will either be in our first team or playing for
    bromley

• Options
    Was hoping for a scott parker esque transformation after roughing it in a league below us. Shame it doesn't seem to be working out for him there.
  • Options
    Who doesn't? 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    He must have played in about 30 games for us over the last few years, and apart from that half volley against QPR, he’s literally done nothing to suggest he is/will be good enough. Is that writing off a youngster or just judging them on how they’ve performed?
    Lets say its near 30, I would say 90% of them have probably been from the bench maybe?

I just can't see how people are able to make such a quick assumption when so few games have been played and has not totally developed into professional men's football yet?

The club have just given him a 2 year deal so they surely see something worthwhile persisting with.

Not sure why some expect them to be the finished article coming through our academy? It rarely works like that...

As @Todds_right_hook said he'll either be with us or somewhere else by this time next year.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Lets say its near 30, I would say 90% of them have probably been from the bench maybe?

I just can't see how people are able to make such a quick assumption when so few games have been played and has not totally developed into professional men's football yet?

The club have just given him a 2 year deal so they surely see something worthwhile persisting with.

Not sure why some expect them to be the finished article coming through our academy? It rarely works like that...

As @Todds_right_hook said he'll either be with us or somewhere else by this time next year.
    Rather it's another highly questionable club decision. 

Never going to good enough and usurped by Anderson. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    You hear fans critiquing performances of Anderson, Asiimwe, Kanu and sometimes Leaburn.

Some of these lads are 18! Madness.... 
    Judgement gets passed far too quickly in the game, in general these days it seems - Whether its about an individual or the League table.

I don't get it, we're seven / eight games into the season - Whatever happened to waiting until we were about 15-games / October into a season before any serious opinions could be formed about how a year will go.

Injuries / Suspensions, not just for us, but for others will come into play - Gonna have an endless amount of Managerial sackings too yet, which'll change player fortunes
  • Options
    You hear fans critiquing performances of Anderson, Asiimwe, Kanu and sometimes Leaburn.

Some of these lads are 18! Madness.... 
    I don't think that's fair. There's a massive difference between commenting on a players performance in a match and generally slating them. If we can't criticise players like Anderson for their performance, why are they playing?