Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Sunderland | Saturday 3rd October | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Christ knows how Sunderland are not out of sight.
    Well done Amos and their profligacy.
    In my view Washington, Doherty, Levitt, Watson and Vennings are more or less passengers.
    Bowyer is regretting dissing my veggie bacon sandwich now.
    Too late Lee, I'm sat indoors with me Birra Moretti.
  • Options
    Very very poor half of football
  • Options
    Amos done well . Oztumer so overrated  . Watson doesn't look match fit . 
  • Options
    Amos done well . Oztumer so overrated  . Watson doesn't look match fit . 
    Is he? I barely see anyone say anything encouraging about him. 
  • Options
    Poor first half, need to up the game second half, Williams on for Ozt.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Christ knows how Sunderland are not out of sight.
    Well done Amos and their profligacy.
    In my view Washington, Doherty, Levitt, Watson and Vennings are more or less passengers.
    Bowyer is regretting dissing my veggie bacon sandwich now.
    Too late Lee, I'm sat indoors with me Birra Moretti.
    Vennings has been one of our better players that half (although thats not saying much)
  • Options
    We’re fucking awful , in fact we’re worse than that
  • Options
    Oh boy, what a half of footy!

Once lockdown is completely over this is the sort of fayre that will have everyone flocking back ... to the shops.

Bugger me, that was poor. Slow, ponderous, indecisive, ordinary ... and that's just Sunderland who will be wondering how they're not in a position to declare at half time.

Thank the Lord for Ben Amos who has kept us in the game. Both him and Famewo must be looking around the dressing room during the interval asking if anyone else is planning on playing in the second half.

I suppose Lord Bowyer's thinking must be that we've been on top in the last couple of league matches and then conceded goals and lost so maybe we should start crap and nick a goal and win ourselves.

The next 45 minutes are going to be tough viewing.
  • Options
    How do we make it look so difficult to get anywhere near the opponent's final third. Sunderland can play simple passes, no quality required, and quickly they're in a position to cross, or have runners going into the box for a quick pass... We make it look like we're playing in treacle to even get out of our own half. It is dreadful and it's been like this for ages.
  • Options
    Too lightweight in midfield, Watson the only experienced player in there. Back four is still not right but have hung in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just sad that the only footballing positive I though relegation would bring is slightly more competitive matches, which is slowly slipping away
  • Options
    A poor half of football, but Sunderland dominated the last 15 minutes while we were toilet during that period, with no attacking threat, but also looking vulnerable as well
  • Options
    according to their fans that was the best half of football they've played so far this season. 
    Jeez, that must be a pretty low bar.
  • Options
    Very poor from us but we're still in the game.
    If we can hang on until LB judge's time to bring on Chuck's and Madison we could Nick this yet.

COYA. !
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Just sad that the only footballing positive I though relegation would bring is slightly more competitive matches, which is slowly slipping away
    Get A Grip Award goes to this fella today 
  • Options
    Oztumer hasn't been as bad as you're all saying imo. He's harried and hassled and tried a few things. He could have just knocked it simple every time but that isn't his job 
  • Options
    Williams coming on
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    MattF said:
    Get A Grip Award goes to this fella today 
    You need to read more threads on here
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Poor first half, need to up the game second half, Williams on for Ozt.
    Lee got the message!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the opinions of those watching , glad I didn't fork out £10 on this match , keep the comments coming , much appreciated!
  • Options
    Half-time summary:

Score in a brothel,
    We couldn’t score in a brothel.
  • Options
    Caught 20 mins and not sure I'll be tuning into much more. Sorry but no idea what Bowyer is playing at. Yes we need some players but he's got to have some sort of tactical gameplan. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oztumer hasn't been as bad as you're all saying imo. He's harried and hassled and tried a few things. He could have just knocked it simple every time but that isn't his job 
    He was very busy and worked very hard. But he rushed every opportunity he had. Some of his final balls were laughable. Now he's off.
  • Options
    Funniest thing about that half was the reverance shown by the commentators to TS!

• Options
  • Options
    HALF-TIME SUB | Jonny Williams replaces Erhun Oztumer at the break.
  • Options
    Cross from Doughty easily saved by the keeper
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!