Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Project "Big Picture" - "Big" Clubs Plan Overhaul of English Football

Comments

• Options
    As an aside the Manchester City CEO said he would like the EFL restructured to include Premier League B Teams.
    He is not happy with overseas teams buying stockpiled players on the cheap.
    Premiership clubs were quite happy to introduce the Elite Performance structure whereby they can acquire fourteen year olds for virtually nothing. I am losing my love for football quite rapidly.
  • Options
     roseandcrown said:
    This is basically locking in forever the big 6's control and power.

It is greed and arrogance from the top clubs. What they fail to grasp is they need the rest of the clubs and the English pyramid system and they will find that out if this goes ahead when the competition becomes so boring and predictable and the product will suffer and in turn its appeal and TV revenue. 

If this was to ever go ahead I would done my back on the Premier League cancel my Sky package making clear why when doing so. I would not watch any highlights also.  I would have no interest in talksport and other sports stains/channels where the PL is covered. 

I would even boycott any brands associated with the Premier League. 

I actually think it would for me filter down to the England team and would end up turning my back on this as well naturally as I would find it hard to get any enjoyment out of watching premier league players playing. 

I would still follow and enjoy Charlton in much the same way unless B teams was ever introduced and then for me I think that would be it. 

I am already in this space. No Sky, dont remember when i last watched MoTD.  It just does not interest me.  Have always said the day Charlton first team get drawn to Palace U23’s in the tinpot cup is the day I give up football forever.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    As an aside the Manchester City CEO said he would like the EFL restructured to include Premier League B Teams.
    Premiership clubs were quite happy to introduce the Elite Performance structure whereby they can acquire fourteen year olds for virtually nothing. I am losing my love for football quite rapidly.
    The good old EPPP, written by our very own mr Ged Roddy!!! A true stitch up for EFL that brought in minimum payments for youngsters rather than compensation for their true or potential value! It was either that or nothing, so the efl had to accept it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    pettgra said:
    The good old EPPP, written by our very own mr Ged Roddy!!! A true stitch up for EFL that brought in minimum payments for youngsters rather than compensation for their true or potential value! It was either that or nothing, so the efl had to accept it.
    You are right, just a massive rip off.
  • Options
    The Guardian is a Manchester based paper, what is there in there for them not to like
  • Options
    No surprise to me at all .. I have been predicting a 'Euro Super League; for the past 20 years. Something needs to to be happening as the pandemic will reap havoc upon British football unless there are major changes in the playing structure. DO NOT expect the big clubs to bale out the small clubs, that just will not happen.

• Options
    Football needs to take a step back - because prem clubs now have such a disproportionate amount of money they are now stockpiling young talent but don't have anywhere for them to play proper mens football, they want to create B teams to play in the lower divisions. The real solution is to apportion the money more fairly, re create the reserves leagues and do away with these ridiculous cups where u23 teams play against first teams. I will never go to a match like the one the other day where our first team is playing a brighton u23 side - ridiculous. I'll probably go to very few cup games now anyway until the whole attitude towards them changes - not interested in watching reserve football which is all it is now. Give the fa cup winner a champions league spot or restart the european cup winners cup or shut the whole thingh down. Sooner go and watch a park game than watch a match where both clubs are not putting their strongest sides out - its an insult to the fans.   
  • Options
    Top 6 should just fuck off and do what they want, don't let the door hit you on your way out. I've not watched a Premier league game or MOtD for at least 2 seasons now. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Top 6 should just fuck off and do what they want, don't let the door hit you on your way out. I've not watched a Premier league game or MOtD for at least 2 seasons now. 
    Not going to happen.

They want their cake and to eat it too.

They want fewer league games and no league cup, no charity shield etc just so they can play in the Premier League AND a European Super League at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Handing power over to nine clubs is a terrible idea.
  • Options
    A weird scenario when they have to create a completely artificial "Big 9" to try and justify the Big 6 power grab. Especially as it's based on current consecutive seasons in the PL, rather than historical ones. Indeed the next longest serving club is Palace, followed by Leicester and then Burnley...

If it was done based on the 9 clubs who've been in the PL for the most number of seasons it would be

6 ever presents - Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, United, Liverpool Everton
    26 seasons - Villa and Newcastle
    25 seasons - West Ham

With City missing out as they've only been there for 24 season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_clubs
  • Options
    I’ve been advocating a shake up in English football for years but never did I believe that English football would be run by six clubs. 
  • Options
    The community (charity)shield is one game between two clubs, is that really a problem for them?
  • Options
    Didn't need anther reason to detest Liverpool, but this dogshit proposal and the odious Parry provide another two.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54505270 at least West Ham are against it, and they are 1 of the 9