Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Project "Big Picture" - "Big" Clubs Plan Overhaul of English Football

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Darragh Macanthony very positive about this on 5Live at the mo 
    He's a complete wrong'un too
  • Options
    What with Darragh Macanthony being positive on talksport and now their co-owner has tweeted this

Just finished an @EFL owners call on “The Big Picture”. Taken in tandem with the salary cap this promises to introduce sustainability across the football pyramid.  Well done to @LFC and @ManUtd for proposing this.

Seems like Peterborough are all for it
  • Options
    CEO of Rooney County thinks it is a good idea.
  • Options
    To many starting to agree with it now, getting worried.

Seriously think if it passes it could be the end of me and football, will ruin the game as far as I am concerned 
  • Options
    Forest seem relatively in favour of it. Most of their fans in the replies definitely are not.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    The Premier League just spent £1.26 billion in the transfer window. That includes Liverpool who won the title at a canter last season and no doubt other clubs on players who may be flops and who may not feature at all this season. I think they can afford to give the EFL a few hundred million to maintain the integrity of the pyramid no strings attached.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, what horrible ideas. I have a better idea.... tax the PL clubs the $350M under discussion and give them nothing in return.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    What with Darragh Macanthony being positive on talksport and now their co-owner has tweeted this

Just finished an @EFL owners call on “The Big Picture”. Taken in tandem with the salary cap this promises to introduce sustainability across the football pyramid.  Well done to @LFC and @ManUtd for proposing this.

Seems like Peterborough are all for it

The charm offensive has been going on all day from Parry, and it would seem the overwhelming majority of EFL clubs are supportive, in most if not in all of the proposals (the veto on new ownership will be a non-runner).
    Seems the only strong voice against is the other 14 PL clubs!!
    Any plans to gauge fans' opinions? Errr No!
  • Options
    Don't understand why the EFL clubs can't get the funding without the power grab - utterly disgusting plan which is using covid to blackmail the football league.

This, in a nutshell.
  • Options
    Puts TS's master plan of us getting into Europe to bed. Top 6 would have it even more locked down then they do now. Remote as that dream is, to take it away completely is utter BS
  • Options
    I think someone needs to put a housing analogy together
  • Options
    250m won’t wet the sides of hole football is in. And when divided up into the EFL it will be a sticking plaster fix. It will make no difference to the long term finances to most clubs, what goes into football goes out, players, agents and foolish owners will see to that. The premier clubs should be giving that to grassroots football and EFL teams without strings attached but they can’t do anything without thinking how to get more and more for themselves. 
    I guess the £250m would be divided equally from all premier clubs, I can’t see the top 6 giving the lion’s share from their pockets. 

• Options
    The majority of L1 and L2 clubs will never be anywhere near the Premier League and so why should they care which clubs have power. All they see is more money for them. Of course they will love it.

Whats important is the other premier league teams votes. I can’t see this getting support from them, turkeys voting for Christmas.

the whole big 6 but 9 get the vote...that’s irrelevant as they would only need 6 votes to pass anything.

This has ‘leaked’ for a reason, to get an idea of support levels and see what their rivals reactions are...

It’s their starting position as they prepare for negotiations.

I heard that very phrase this afternoon when discussing this morning's EFL call.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was mentioned in the opening post
  • Options
    Who at CAFC thinks it is a good idea? Nuts!
  • Options
    The majority of L1 and L2 clubs will never be anywhere near the Premier League and so why should they care which clubs have power. All they see is more money for them. Of course they will love it.

Whats important is the other premier league teams votes. I can’t see this getting support from them, turkeys voting for Christmas.

the whole big 6 but 9 get the vote...that’s irrelevant as they would only need 6 votes to pass anything.

This has ‘leaked’ for a reason, to get an idea of support levels and see what their rivals reactions are...

It’s their starting position as they prepare for negotiations.
    Negotiations should go something like this ...

Mancs and Scousers: This is our plan, pass it and we'll give you £250m a year.

Football League (and everyone else): Take your plan, stick it where the sun doesn't shine, and f*** off.

What will probably happen ...

Mancs and Scousers: This is our plan, pass it and we'll give you £250m a year.

Football League (and everyone else): You're trying to take control of the entire professional game, slam the door shut on the smaller clubs to stop them gate-crashing your party, and all for a measly £250m a year?

Mancs and Scousers: We'll give you £400m for the next three years and then we'll review the amount.

Football League: OK. We'll even agree to have our leagues kick off at 8:30am on a Saturday so as not to interfere with your broadcast deal.
  • Options
    250m won’t wet the sides of hole football is in. And when divided up into the EFL it will be a sticking plaster fix. It will make no difference to the long term finances to most clubs, what goes into football goes out, players, agents and foolish owners will see to that. The premier clubs should be giving that to grassroots football and EFL teams without strings attached but they can’t do anything without thinking how to get more and more for themselves. 
    I guess the £250m would be divided equally from all premier clubs, I can’t see the top 6 giving the lion’s share from their pockets. 

The 250m is a one off payment and you're right that would just be sticking plaster fix.

But another proposal is that the EFL will get 25% of the Premier leagues tv revenue every season (it's currently 4%) and that's why the EFL clubs are in favour.
  • Options

The 250m is a one off payment and you're right that would just be sticking plaster fix.

But another proposal is that the EFL will get 25% of the Premier leagues tv revenue every season (it's currently 4%) and that's why the EFL clubs are in favour.

Cash in hand > > > Integrity of competition.
  • Options

I can’t see the majority of clubs giving up a quarter of their money without some way of recovery it. Maybe the 8 game proposed idea is the way round it. They can tout their games playing the big clubs to the Far East week in and out. I doubt the 25% is the same 25% the EFL think they might get. Even if the lower league teams do get the money it will just be fuel wage inflation just as has at the top table.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    • Rick Parry’s proposals overwhelmingly backed by EFL clubs