Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Shinnie - (Ed. joined Livingston)

Comments

• Options
    I'm not overly fussed. Didn't realise he had 6 assists but I'm very much in the mindset that we need to let half this team go to improve
  • Options
    Making room for Messi?
    Too old.
  • Options
    Personally, I would have kept him on. Adkins seems to have a blind spot in relation to him. 
    Or Adkins is perfectly clear on the type of player he wants.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Making room for Messi?
    Too old.
    Too short
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Andrew Shinnie goes with my blessing. Lovely to watch on the ball. His age and lack of place has counted against him, and Adkins clearly didn't fancy him with lack of game time over the last 10 games. I just hope that he is replaced with a flair player, who can unlock defensive Div 1 teams.
    I’m sure that will make him feel much better about if all.  ;)
  • Options
    A player that good when he first signed. Shame it didn’t work out, but totally the right decision.
  • Options
    I liked him. As usual* though, the real test of ambition is who comes in rather than who goes out. Happy to trust TS, NA & Co and see what happens over the summer. Best wishes to Shinnie. 

*Caveat: Now that we've put Two Shat's madness behind us.

• Options
    Matters not a jot seeing as we are signing a team of champions for next year... 
  • Options
    We had a number of "passing" midfielders last season, of the sort who are cultured on the ball but aren't the most athletic or defensive - Shinnie, Levitt and Smith - and only Shinnie played much, and only under Bowyer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked Shinnie both as a player and his personality. He would have done a job for us for a season or so but I can see why he’s been let go. Primarily his age and lack of mobility I would think. 
    It’s good that Adkins is prepared to release a player like Shinnie. He feels he can get better. 
  • Options
    Shame he’s off, would have given him another year 
  • Options
    I thought he was brilliant. We were far better when he was playing. 

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Our midfield was a bit of a shambles this season, no reflection on Shinnie, collectively just a bit all over the place, don’t get me started on the conceding 2 goals a game routine we got into, makes you wonder if Lee knew he was off and gave up.
  • Options
    I thought he was brilliant. We were far better when he was playing. 

Good going forward, but doesn't have Gilbey's energy to get up and down the pitch all game.
    Therefore lacking defensive qualities.
  • Options
    Personally, I would have kept him on. Adkins seems to have a blind spot in relation to him. 
    Adkins sees him in training everyday, do you?
  • Options
    Adkins sees him in training everyday, do you?
    Yes he does. Muttley is actually a corner flag.🤣
  • Options
    Good luck Andrew,shame we never got to see more of you really,yep a strange one to let go,seems like he woulda been up for the fight too given the chance,but NA felt he could do without him & who knows what could have been,but we have to trust NA judgement & wish him well wherever he ends up...good luck to the boy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did pretty well, elegant to watch on the ball but doesn’t fit in with the vision. Wish him all the best 🤝 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I liked Shins, so I am hugely optimistic that he will be replaced by someone even better!
  • Options
    No big loss at all 
  • Options
    Liked Shinnie a lot,classy player.  Sadly for him he does not seem to fit Adkins style of play as he is just too slow.  Will no doubt go to a decent club and do well he still has a few years left.  
  • Options
    Would have been a decent squad player,  but would he accept resuced terms? Hatters were paying significant contribution. 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Would have been a decent squad player,  but would he accept resuced terms? Hatters were paying significant contribution. 
    Reduced terms
  • Options
    Such a shame, thought he was very good. Surely good enough to be a squad player.
  • Options
    Such a shame, thought he was very good. Surely good enough to be a squad player.
    He doesn't want to be a squad player though, that's why he came here in the first place. 
  • Options
    Always thought Shinnie had a touch of class about him and would not have been disappointed if he stayed. Obviously Nigel has someone better in mind. Anyway, all the best for the future, Andrew.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I liked him, good technical footballer. The type we’ve come up against but rarely had in our team, he can play his way out of trouble, has an eye for a pass and scored a few goals.

NA wants more pace and energy in the team so we can play a high pressing game, hence Gilbey overtaking him. He’s also 32 in the summer and we’re looking to build a younger squad which all going well will mean we’ll stop needing a rebuild every summer.

Can see why some say it’s a bad decision but I think we’ll end up better for it.

Should do well at another L1 but best suited to possession football, good luck to him (except against us).