Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Shinnie - (Ed. joined Livingston)

Comments

• Options
    should start on saturday
  • Options
    I like Shinnie, but it's the right call.  I fully understand why he wasn't playing and get the frustration at the same time.

I'll be intrested where he ends up next season and wish him good luck. 
  • Options
    That winning streak at the beginning of the season he looked untouchable and was a joy to watch.

Never quiet looked the same after he came back from injury, and certainly feels like the right move to not renew his contract now.

Just hope we manage to find someone who has his calmness on the ball in the middle of the park. 
  • Options
    I know if you want to change the squad some have to move on. But this seems very strange to me as he clearly did have more to offer.

Good luck to him. I hope he gets fixed up somewhere good. 
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

Never really saw what some raved about but he had some good games early on.  Didn't seem to impact consistently IMHO but he wasn't helped by frequent changes in line up and formation.
  • Options
    That winning streak at the beginning of the season he looked untouchable and was a joy to watch.

Never quiet looked the same after he came back from injury, and certainly feels like the right move to not renew his contract now.

Just hope we manage to find someone who has his calmness on the ball in the middle of the park. 
    Looked very good when played with Stockley. 
  • Options
    Didn’t really get a fair crack under Adkins. Must have seen something in training that he didn’t like. 

Mistake to let him go in my opinion but his contract was up so who knows what discussions went on behind the scenes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was surprised at how little he played once Adkins came in, thought he was more than capable of being at least in the matchday squad, if not a starter if he found some consistency,  guess he doesn't fit in with Adkins desired style of play. Shame as he was likable as well, wish him all the best.

Someone else will have to find Stockley's noggin without Shinnie around (assuming he signs a new contract)
  • Options
    Not a surprise, seeing that Adkins barely picked him when he was manager. It would have been really odd to not pick an experienced player and then give them a new contract

A decent enough player though, you imagine that if Bowyer had stayed on he would have played more
  • Options
    Was great in the unbeaten run at the beginning of the season but then was a starter in the bad run before Bowyer left.
  • Options
    I think he’s a good player but I can see why he’s been released. 

Adkins talks of having lots of pace and energy in the team and Shinnie isn’t really that for me. He’s technically very good, provided some good assists for Stockley and scored a great free kick against Oxford but he definitely went missing a fair amount.

I feel it’s encouraging signs that we obviously know we can do better. 
  • Options
    can’t really work out why it’s not worked out. 

Decent player, no obvious sign of an attitude problem etc

strange one 
    I think it's as simple as what's his best position/role and do we play with what that is.   If the answer to that is no he isn't the type of player that can "do a job" elsewhere. 

He isn't the only player this season that that's been the case for. 
  • Options
    Manager doesn't rate him, so off he goes. The down side of his industry. 
  • Options
    Thought he was one of the best players in the squad, very underrated. Obviously not nigels Cup of tea
  • Options
    edited May 2021

I didn't really get the hype about him, not bothered at all that he's going. Good luck to him though.

To add to that though, seems that everyone who is leaving people thought should stay. We need to revitalise the squad and we can do better than Shinnie, Osilaja etc.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame . Started really well  , but hasn't impressed Adkins . 
  • Options
    His contract has expired, the logical time to release him.
    A tidy player, but probably doesn't suit our strategy going forward particularly in terms of age.

• Options
    Shinnie is a technical player at this level, my view is he doesn’t fit into the Adkins formation, he already said he wants more pace in the final third, Shinnie may of been very creative and tricky but not pacey or much use out wide, I think we’ll see a beefed up centre midfield also, Shinnie not the physical type.
  • Options
    Very strange. 

He was far better than either Pratley or Watson at moving the ball forward, but I think Albie overtook him defensively, with Gilbey also stepping up it was always going to be a challenge. 

Wish him all the best. 
  • Options
    very simple change of manager and the transformation in Gilbey 
  • Options
    Shinnie is a technical player at this level, my view is he doesn’t fit into the Adkins formation, he already said he wants more pace in the final third, Shinnie may of been very creative and tricky but not pacey or much use out wide, I think we’ll see a beefed up centre midfield also, Shinnie not the physical type.
    Albie on roids?! @BR7_addick called it. 

• Options
    Correct decision and goes with my best wishes.
  • Options
    It was a choice between Gilbey and Shinnie for one role in the team. Gilbs grabbed it with work rate, goals and assists. 

• Options
    didn't work out for him at the Valley .. he'll find a gig somewhere .. all the best
  • Options
    All the best.