Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kids shirts giveaway initiative

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant work @leefender 👍👍👍
  • Options
    I think this is a great idea, I’m a Luddite Unfortunately, but I would like to donate I haven’t got PayPal, I’m not on Facebook etc. How can I?
    @CharltonKerry if you still need to do this and you've got internet/phone banking, I could put your £2 in for you and you could send me the £2 to my bank a/c.

I'm happy to do this for anyone else who doesn't have PayPal and can't get to the shop.
  • Options
    @leefender
    Top bloke!
  • Options
    Great stuff, Lee, thank you.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your efforts @leefender. I put in a couple of quid and I hope many Young Addicks get a nice surprise soon.
  • Options
    top work @leefender and hat's off to Thomas too for supporting your initiative. Off now to add my support ...
  • Options
    I think this is a great idea, I’m a Luddite Unfortunately, but I would like to donate I haven’t got PayPal, I’m not on Facebook etc. How can I?
    @CharltonKerry if you still need to do this and you've got internet/phone banking, I could put your £2 in for you and you could send me the £2 to my bank a/c.

I'm happy to do this for anyone else who doesn't have PayPal and can't get to the shop.
    Would you mind doing £20 for me please. I’m will willingly send it to you prior to passing it on. I won’t be able to send it for a couple of hours, as I’m working. 
  • Options
    @leefender you sir deserve all the plaudits that come your way. This is an emmense idea and is Charlton through and through!! With TS backing this and Hummel coming on board as well, this could be a fantastic Christmas for many young Charlton fans, who otherwise may never get their own Charlton shirt. Well done sir, I doff my hat to you!
  • Options
    Not on pay pal, would love to contribute if bank account details can be sent to me, well done @leefender and Tommy - rock on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks gents, I can provide bank details for Debbie who works at the club shop, really please how this has gone and is bigger than I anticipated. Lots of credit needs to go to Debbie at the shop and also TS. 
    Spoke with one of his sons on messenger yesterday and can confirm that TS has no PR team, he responds personally every time. 
    Even his boy can't believe how active he has become on twitter. 

Anyway, bank details are below, Debbie then transfers it straight to the paypal

S-c 306772 a/c 27501963 
    Account in name of Miss D A Cross.

Please put the reference as 'charlton kids"

Thanks

Lee
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Thanks will donate tonight. Now donated to Miss Cross
  • Options
    Sent via bank transfer, as those were the details posted here (maybe I missed the PayPal deets). 

The suggestion of getting the Trust to help you find destinations for shirts is a good one. 
  • Options
    Heard about it from Terry and Greg on the Valley Pass commentary. They said they had already raised enough for shirts for 150 kids. Great idea! Just sent some wedge.
  • Options
    I admit to being sceptical about this when I first saw it mentioned on Twitter, and for that is like to apologise.

Excellent work with this Lee, you represent everything that is great about this club. Will be sending some money over.

Cheers mate 
  • Options
    I admit to being sceptical about this when I first saw it mentioned on Twitter, and for that is like to apologise.

Excellent work with this Lee, you represent everything that is great about this club. Will be sending some money over.

Cheers mate 
    No apologies needed, I would always be skeptical about online fundraisers. 

Thankfully my name has been around long enough to give it some credibility from others
  • Options
    Top man. Money sent. 
  • Options
    This has turned out fantastic 👏👏there will be so many families who will struggle to fund Christmas this year and this could just save it for them
    Top man for doing this 
    5 shirts 😂🤣🤣
    Will donate later when I wake up later and my brain can deal with figures and bank accounts!
  • Options
    Up to 188 shirts now.

Well done everybody.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a great idea and a round of applause all round for letting it expand into something bigger than originally anticipated. Just dropped a score into Debbie’s bank account 
  • Options
    Fantastic idea, Lee, I'm in.
  • Options
    Great idea! Having 3 boys who are mad about footy and Charlton, I know how hard it can be especially in this current climate. Got to buy them all a shirt this christmas as I have done every year since they were born and its so much harder this year to make sure the moneys there!

Just donated £7.50, wish I could have donated more but hopefully that will help a bit! 

Thanks again @leefender for such a great idea 
  • Options
    Noticed it tries to charge me 99p to use my card on PayPal, is there a way to avoid that? I put it as a gift, which I thought was free. I’d obviously rather the 99p went on the shirts than to PayPal, especially if there’s hundreds of people with the same issue 
  • Options
    Great work - just donated by bank transfer
  • Options

Out of interest, how does the lucky draw work?

Is it on trust that only those who are struggling financially will enter?

Also... I wonder how the trust will identify local under privileged kids. 

No aggressive agenda here and I have certainly chipped in. I just have a curious mind when it comes to the way these things are organised. 

Keep the money flowing, guys. I reckon there are still loads of people who are willing to contribute, but who have not yet done so. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Out of interest, how does the lucky draw work?

Is it on trust that only those who are struggling financially will enter?

Also... I wonder how the trust will identify local under privileged kids. 

No aggressive agenda here and I have certainly chipped in. I just have a curious mind when it comes to the way these things are organised. 

Keep the money flowing, guys. I reckon there are still loads of people who are willing to contribute, but who have not yet done so. 
    The above is a fair question.  I have donated as this is a brilliant initiative.  However, it would be even better if the shirts can go to the "right" families, rather than a scenario where little Johnny has a donated Charlton shirt next to the full away kit and various other bits all propped up against his motor driven go kart.  I know this is the tricky bit so if it is a simple draw then so be it. 
  • Options
    Actually when I see that at present the plan is to pay full RRP of £45 per shirt, for what is a volume purchase, shouldn't both the club and its supplier consider a discount?
  • Options
    Actually when I see that at present the plan is to pay full RRP of £45 per shirt, for what is a volume purchase, shouldn't both the club and its supplier consider a discount?
    Thomas is speaking to Hummel about that.