Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kids shirts giveaway initiative

Comments

• Options
    Actually when I see that at present the plan is to pay full RRP of £45 per shirt, for what is a volume purchase, shouldn't both the club and its supplier consider a discount?
    Isn’t the club, ie TS, effectively already selling them at half price ?
  • Options
    Noticed it tries to charge me 99p to use my card on PayPal, is there a way to avoid that? I put it as a gift, which I thought was free. I’d obviously rather the 99p went on the shirts than to PayPal, especially if there’s hundreds of people with the same issue 
    This must be because of the type of card you are using. Certainly if you use a Debit card on a UK bank nothing is charged and I am pretty sure the same applies to most UK credit cards.
  • Options
    I had to pay the 99p sadly but only because I'm outside the UK! I believe it's only a free transaction if you're living in the UK though I don't know your circumstances Bow.
  • Options
    I think this is a great idea, I’m a Luddite Unfortunately, but I would like to donate I haven’t got PayPal, I’m not on Facebook etc. How can I?
    @CharltonKerry if you still need to do this and you've got internet/phone banking, I could put your £2 in for you and you could send me the £2 to my bank a/c.

I'm happy to do this for anyone else who doesn't have PayPal and can't get to the shop.
    Would you mind doing £20 for me please. I’m will willingly send it to you prior to passing it on. I won’t be able to send it for a couple of hours, as I’m working. 
    @CharltonKerry Only just seen this - if you'd have sent me a direct message or pointed your post at me, I'd have seen it sooner.  If you still need it done, send me a DM and I'll send you my bank details.

• Options
    Noticed it tries to charge me 99p to use my card on PayPal, is there a way to avoid that? I put it as a gift, which I thought was free. I’d obviously rather the 99p went on the shirts than to PayPal, especially if there’s hundreds of people with the same issue 
    @BowSelecta are you using a debit or a credit card?  If a debit card, there shouldn't be any fee.  If a credit card, there will probably be a fee because the credit card company will charge PayPal a fee.  Did you see the bit on page 2 about doing it via bank transfer? Debbie's a/c details are there.
  • Options
    Actually when I see that at present the plan is to pay full RRP of £45 per shirt, for what is a volume purchase, shouldn't both the club and its supplier consider a discount?
    would be a nice gesture from Hummel to offer them at cost price
  • Options
    Bank transfer made. A great initiative to help out at this exceptionally difficult time. A happy by-product will be to have more local children wearing Charlton shirts (shades of Andy Holt's excellent initiative at Accrington Stanley)
  • Options
    @BowSelecta are you using a debit or a credit card?  If a debit card, there shouldn't be any fee.  If a credit card, there will probably be a fee because the credit card company will charge PayPal a fee.  Did you see the bit on page 2 about doing it via bank transfer? Debbie's a/c details are there.
    Thanks, worked it out. I was using the Australian details instead of Debbie’s. Donation successfully made!
  • Options
    How do you donate if you don’t want to use PayPal?
  • Options
    Fantastic initiative! Really happy to contribute. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:
    How do you donate if you don’t want to use PayPal?
    Bank transfer:
    leefender said:
    Anyway, bank details are below, Debbie then transfers it straight to the paypal

S-c 306772 a/c 27501963 
    Account in name of Miss D A Cross.

Please put the reference as 'charlton kids"
  • Options
    As someone who nearly got scammed last week on a dodgy Ted Baker website it leaves you feeling stupid and loss of confidence in on line banking so thank you for all the reassurances about this scheme. It's restored my confidence, made me even prouder to support this great club - and donation has been safely and securely sent.
  • Options
    Money sent. Well done Debbie/Lee and all others involved!
  • Options
    Great initiative - money sent by PayPal.
  • Options
    the club doesn’t round the club shop 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Could someone translate this, please?
  • Options
    think he means run
  • Options
    More great "stuff" from the Charlton family. 

Bank transfer made.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    It’s from that famous scene in ‘Allo Allo’ when the French policeman, who is really an English spy in disguise, tells Rennie the resistance group won’t be meeting at its headquarters 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fucking autocorrect 
  • Options
    I'm in too. So pleased that LB is creating a team that will make the kids want to wear the shirt again.
  • Options
    I'm in for a tenner.  Just sent on PP.
  • Options
    Great cause good luck and Ta Thomas nice guesture
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I think he means the club don't own the club shop. 

This is correct, the club gets a profifrom sales 
  • Options
    Fantast. Well done @leefender . Can I be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    just sent Miss Cross £20 @leefender

• Options
    @leefender fantastic work with this!

Is there a deadline you need to funds by?  
    (apologies if that has already been asked)