Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley - was a Farnell & El Kashashy story, now a leveraged US takeover.

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    MattF said:
    That mirror article also has Roman Abramovich's wealth listed at £9.65 billion, so either there's a cute little coincidence there, or the mirror have made a huge balls up in their writing
    I don’t think it’s a balls up. The headline is battle of the Billionaires.

The basic lack of any due diligence is a consistent theme in sports writers. 
    It says Burnleys Billionaire Battle, which I took to refer to the bit about there being 17 billionaires in the Premier League that Burnley have been competing with in the transfer market
  • Options
    That's fucking laughable. Absolutely laughable. Geezer hasn't got a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.

9.65 Billion  😂😂😂
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Looks like a few Burnley fans may be waking up to the reality here. Farnell’s PR is awful, at least make it believable.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    'The Mirror' today is stating that El Kashashy is work £9 Billion. He's done some job going from junior roles at Coca-Cola and P&G 10 years ago to being worth £9 Billion... 

It definitely wouldn't be Farnell leaking lies to the press though, of that i'm 100% sure. 
    Do you have a link to this, can't see it anywhere.
    My bad, he's worth 9.65 Billion not 9 Billion - Journalist standards in Football are a joke4CE0B597-2014-43DA-9F6D-495FE4AD4A7Ajpeg
    Thanks for posting it. This is incredible.

So a guy who based on checks that many Charlton fans have done, seemingly doesn't have a pot to piss in is suddenly worth more than anyone except Mansour. He's worth more than John Henry, Mike Ashley and the Glazers combined!! Absolutely laughable article.

Looking past the ridiculousness of what they think he's worth though, that table shows you what it takes to compete at PL level these days. And why if we do make it there i'm convinced that TS will need to take on outside investment from either Barclay or the Aussies.
  • Options
    What is their angle ? Obviously not to buy and run a football club. They can’t. Can’t even see how they can make their bid and credibility float. What’s the angle ? At Charlton they saw a flip that could be done quickly and the monthly costs could just about be found through just enough incoming funds and what was left in the till. At Turf Moor the monthly outgoings are likely to be impossible to find and I assume Garlick is desperate to get out for that reason. What’s their angle, because if it’s a flip then it’s a hell of a risk.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    The Burnley fans are now calling us bed wetters and we have no proof that Farnell and co will be bad for their club.

Football fans are fickle but this is straight up stupidity. Unlucky chaps, you've got a world of trouble coming your way, 
    Based on this i'd love it if they did take over so we could then see the chaos ensue.

But realistically their bid will fail or they'll pull out somewhere down the line and the other mob (ALK?) will take over. How are they going to show proof/source of funds? Wave that Mirror article in front of the PL?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is their angle ? Obviously not to buy and run a football club. They can’t. Can’t even see how they can make their bid and credibility float. What’s the angle ? At Charlton they saw a flip that could be done quickly and the monthly costs could just about be found through just enough incoming funds and what was left in the till. At Turf Moor the monthly outgoings are likely to be impossible to find and I assume Garlick is desperate to get out for that reason. What’s their angle, because if it’s a flip then it’s a hell of a risk.
    Could sell Pope, Tarkowski and McNeil and probably bring in 80-100m but the huge danger of course is relegation. They can't sell those players, because they actually need to invest in the squad in January to give themselves a chance of survival. If not then Burnley in the championship are probably worth about 50-60m tops and the investment is fucked.
  • Options
    Could sell Pope, Tarkowski and McNeil and probably bring in 80-100m but the huge danger of course is relegation. They can't sell those players, because they actually need to invest in the squad in January to give themselves a chance of survival. If not then Burnley in the championship are probably worth about 50-60m tops and the investment is fucked.
    Do you think they care about the club and what league they are in?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    The Burnley fans are now calling us bed wetters and we have no proof that Farnell and co will be bad for their club.

Football fans are fickle but this is straight up stupidity. Unlucky chaps, you've got a world of trouble coming your way, 
    Based on this i'd love it if they did take over so we could then see the chaos ensue.

But realistically their bid will fail or they'll pull out somewhere down the line and the other mob (ALK?) will take over. How are they going to show proof/source of funds? Wave that Mirror article in front of the PL?
    WTF!?!?!?!?!?!   You would wan't to see another club in chaos, because their fans are sceptical about something our fans have told them.  
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    But they still must have an angle. Still not seen an explanation of what it is 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    cafc999 said:
    If they stay in the premier league they’ll make money. So one theory could be that they’ll invest (say £50m) in Jan, using a loan secured against the club. 

If they stay up, great. They can absorb the TV revenue, cut costs and cash in on players.

If not, they have £40m in parachute payments +the ability to sell £50m+ worth of talent to easily make their “money” back and then sell the club into another of Farnell’s cronies.

Either way, I expect we’ll be seeing the Nick Pope sell-on fee sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Are we absolutely sure a premier league club doesn't "make money". 

I'm sure there's lots of juicy invoices running through the books to directors, consultants and agents etc Much of this somehow ends up back with the owners and investors.

The clubs finances may look bad but not necessarily the finances of the owners and other hangers on. This is how you milk money out of the fans. (Both live and on TV).

It's a scam that's simple no one believes it.
    Not many businessmen sell an asset when it’s making them money. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    I'm not convinced they actually intend to buy Burnley.

Maybe the angle is to put themselves out there as megarich POTENTIAL buyers which both sticks two finger up to Charlton fans and will perhaps in future get them into a lower league and much cheaper club which they can then asset strip.

John Richardson, the Mirror journalist who ran the story doesn't seem to be on twitter so hard to ask him what his source is although I think we can all guess.
    He is on twitter @riccosrant
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    I'm not convinced they actually intend to buy Burnley.

Maybe the angle is to put themselves out there as megarich POTENTIAL buyers which both sticks two finger up to Charlton fans and will perhaps in future get them into a lower league and much cheaper club which they can then asset strip.

John Richardson, the Mirror journalist who ran the story doesn't seem to be on twitter so hard to ask him what his source is although I think we can all guess.
    That’s as good an explanation as I’ve seen. 
  • Options
    I wonder whether or not the more sceptical (of CAFC fans and their motives) Burnley supporters appreciate that Mr Farnell has been (is) under investigation by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority (SRA)?

Talking of which any further information anybody?