Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley - was a Farnell & El Kashashy story, now a leveraged US takeover.

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Roland has not gone away you know..
    Belgium on lockdown
  • Options
    Roland Out!
  • Options
    So the same Scott Johnson who was general manager of Bury FC under Steve Dale and when they were expelled from the league?

Well, if he's endorsing Farnell then nothing to worry about Burnley fans. Safe pair of hands.
    "Johnson insists only incompetence by the EFL and meddling by owner Steve Dale were to blame for the club’s demise – not Farnell." 

Doesn't sound like Dale's man.  But the point stands. 

• Options
    "I would trust him with my life" bit extreme if you've just been asked to endorse someone you've worked with to the press
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keyboard warriors eh? Ghost accounts on twitter spring to mind. Strange how they don't mention that
  • Options
    Burnley fans need to put aside any PR spin and simply keep asking where the money is coming from. If the bid is genuine, why would that be difficult to show?
    That's part of the problem though isn't it?

When you have a European or American business man it's normally quite obvious where the money comes from and quite easy to make an educated guess how much someone is worth.

I have no idea how much money this guy has, I would guess its more than me but not anywhere near £200 million.  And like with Nimer, it's almost impossible to find out. 
  • Options
    Scott Johnson.

Wasn't one of Elliott's Twitter advocates called Johnson?

Johnson is a common name of course but one does wonder if there could be a connection.
  • Options
    I'm surprised the Mirror weren't compelled to attach a disclaimer to that 'article'.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    "I would trust him with my life" bit extreme if you've just been asked to endorse someone you've worked with to the press
    His life, not his wallet. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Burnley fans need to put aside any PR spin and simply keep asking where the money is coming from. If the bid is genuine, why would that be difficult to show?

When you have a European or American business man it's normally quite obvious where the money comes from and quite easy to make an educated guess how much someone is worth.

I have no idea how much money this guy has, I would guess its more than me but not anywhere near £200 million.  And like with Nimer, it's almost impossible to find out. 
    The lack of transparency is a problem. A condition of any takeover should be disclosure of:

- the purchase price
    - how the deal is structured ( single payment / staged payments)
    - where the money is coming from ( buyers assets / borrowing / future revenue)

If these were publicly listed companies, this information would have to be disclosed. The problem here is that these are private transactions. However, the competition organizers could make this a condition of participation if the members went along with it. Of course, that last point is the problem. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope for Burnley’s sake this all works out but if Farnell gets his hands on the club then we’ll just have to see how it pans out. We can only warn them to start asking questions.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The lack of transparency is a problem. A condition of any takeover should be disclosure of:

- the purchase price
    - how the deal is structured ( single payment / staged payments)
    - where the money is coming from ( buyers assets / borrowing / future revenue)

If these were publicly listed companies, this information would have to be disclosed. The problem here is that these are private transactions. However, the competition organizers could make this a condition of participation if the members went along with it. Of course, that last point is the problem. 
    I agree it would help, but what other private business has to conduct its business so publicly?

Until there becomes a different type of legal entity, that includes ALL businesses of community value your limited to what you can expect the EFL, EPL, the FA, UEFA to be able to do, even if they wanted to. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Scott Johnson.

Wasn't one of Elliott's Twitter advocates called Johnson?

Johnson is a common name of course but one does wonder if there could be a connection.
    Derek Johnson was one of the fake accounts used
  • Options
    "He didn't ask for a penny"

Nope he asked for pounds though
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I thought the modern way forward was to be paid in Range Rovers anyway, so pennies probably went under the radar.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I thought the modern way forward was to be paid in Range Rovers anyway, so pennies probably went under the radar.

Don't forget the Bitches.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Don't forget the Bitches.
    Or the nice breads
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Typo he meant to say "I trust him with my wife" - have you seen his wife?!