Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley - was a Farnell & El Kashashy story, now a leveraged US takeover.

Comments

• Options
    This seems to have gone a bit quiet, is this where they withdraw having stoked up some publicity & move on to a lower division club ?
  • Options
    This seems to have gone a bit quiet, is this where they withdraw having stoked up some publicity & move on to a lower division club ?
    I imagine it’s being looked at by The Premier League.
  • Options
    BBC north west did a piece on their proposed takeover a night or two ago and introduced as the Egyptian and controversial lawyer Farnell. However the actual story showed them as all sweetness and light
  • Options
    Apparently it's with the Premier league and they're waiting to see if they pass their OADT
  • Options
    Apparently it's with the Premier league and they're waiting to see if they pass their OADT
    Lets hope they ain't kept waiting too long to be told NO ;)
  • Options
    EFL probably only passed Farnell, so they could pass the problem onto the Premier League and hope he never tries it again with an EFL club
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafc999 said:
    "He didn't ask for a penny"

Nope he asked for pounds though
    I thought the modern way forward was to be paid in Range Rovers anyway, so pennies probably went under the radar.

Don't forget the Bitches.
    Or the nice breads
    I'll never forget the nice breads...
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    EFL probably only passed Farnell, so they could pass the problem onto the Premier League and hope he never tries it again with an EFL club
    Have they passed him?
  • Options
    BBC north west did a piece on their proposed takeover a night or two ago and introduced as the Egyptian and controversial lawyer Farnell. However the actual story showed them as all sweetness and light
    The segment starts at about 19.40 minutes.
     https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000p50y/north-west-tonight-evening-news-03112020

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ross1 said:
    Have they passed him?
    Last week, I believe, they said they have no problem with him owning another football club..............somebody tell me this was not just a nightmare  :)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    clive said:
    The segment starts at about 19.40 minutes.
     https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000p50y/north-west-tonight-evening-news-03112020

Boden certainly doesn't fit into the category of "investigative" journalist...
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    If he only forgot to tick a box why didn't he simply resubmit the said form with the correct box ticked? 
    Precisely. Do the EFL immediately fail you passing the fit & proper test because of this & therefore you have to go to appeal, or could you not just say...." silly me - ticked the wrong box. Here's the amended form". Seems rather a convoluted process if so. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    If he only forgot to tick a box why didn't he simply resubmit the said form with the correct box ticked? 
    Precisely. Do the EFL immediately fail you passing the fit & proper test because of this & therefore you have to go to appeal, or could you not just say...." silly me - ticked the wrong box. Here's the amended form". Seems rather a convoluted process if so. 
    Or else he's a liar
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Big hope that is by the EFL, as he will certainly be back again and again
    should ( as we expect) the EPL tell them all to sod off ;)
  • Options
    You might want to be a touch more careful of the wording in places, as while Farnell is clearly shit at crafting the wording of injunctions, he may not be so inept at slapping in libel suits.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    You might want to be a touch more careful of the wording in places, as while Farnell is clearly shit at crafting the wording of injunctions, he may not be so inept at slapping in libel suits.
    I was worried by that but its been through a few editors whom I've asked the same questions to. Its hopefully comes across that the alleged incidents are alleged, the stuff he's done is done and my opinion is my opinion. But any libel case would like blow the matter up to more people for little damage due to it being a voluntary role on a student start-up
  • Options
    Gammon said:

Wrote this to make Burnley fans more aware. It has some of history, some of the hurt he caused and some emotional condemnation from myself.
    Just went to read it and the link doesn't appear to work
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Gammon said:

Wrote this to make Burnley fans more aware. It has some of history, some of the hurt he caused and some emotional condemnation from myself.
    Just went to read it and the link doesn't appear to work
    Had to delete due to them being threatened with defamation which they understandably don't want to deal with.

And apologise officially. Had to bite my tongue
  • Options
    Wonder what the hold up is... 

I thought it was on the verge of completion? 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Wonder what the hold up is... 

I thought it was on the verge of completion? 
    No, it was reported that the majority shareholder at Burnley had accepted their offer. At the very least it has to go through the Premier Leagues fit & proper test so I would imagine it could take a good few weeks - more like a month or so. I also doubt whether it is a bone fide bid & more likely to be a ruse to smoke out another buyer who is waiting in the wings. 

If anyone seriously thinks that a 2 bob solicitor who was interested in buying a 3rd tier club for £1 a month ago has now got the funds to buy a Premier League club must be more crazy than Donald Trump.