Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Omar Bogle

I don’t think he’s going to score many given the type of chances we create but my god would he be a nightmare to play against. Every game for us he’s ran tirelessly, put himself about and made it hard work for defenders. Really rate him.

Comments

• Options
    Think he just needs a bit of luck like Aneke has needed - I dont see that much of a difference between the two, Aneke is obviously stronger, but for Nicolaisen today, seeing Aneke replacing Bogle, he must have felt the same way the Northampton defence felt when we beat them 4-0 bringing on Mavididi for Ajose.

Being able to replace like for like just gives Defenders absolutely no respite
  • Options
    I think the moment he has a spell out of the side is when we’ll really start to appreciate him.
  • Options
    Done well so far despite no goals.  He is a decent freebie.  Think Aneke is the better of the two but it is a squad game and we need both.
  • Options
    Would have hated to mark him today, as the bloke wrestling him to the ground in the first half proved. 
  • Options
    Think he has done a fantastic job for us the last few games. The ball just sticks to him, and he has been a great outlet and been unlucky not to have a more direct contribution for us so far. 

Only negatives for me are his decision making sometimes and also his fitness - to me from about 65/70 minutes he really seems to slow down. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Despite missing much of last season due to injury, I saw enough of Aneke to see he is going to be an exciting player for us. Better than Taylor. I don't think it is fair to compare Bogle to him. Bogle has come in and done a job and I'm sure has more to offer us. If we keep Aneke fit, we win this league easily. We need to get him on a good new contract now. Some teams are going to fall apart when faced with both Aneke and Bogle. I'm sure Bowyer and his team will have identified who they are.
  • Options
    Like him and someone we desperately need due to Aneke's fragility. Hope he'll get a goal soon as his work rate deserves it.
    Do think he should just try to keep passes simple though as it's not the strongest part of his game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he has done well. He is a very competent league 1 player that does a job for the team. 

If we go up, I think he will be moved on. 
  • Options
    Team game, defend from the front, clean sheets a a total team contribution, defenders must hate playing against him, although it would be the challenge our Pearce would relish. If he can knick a goal or two his confidence would swell, him and Aneke swapping over from the bench definitely is not what tired CB’s want after 60-70 minutes, LB & JJ using what resources they have perfectly. If we had 2 rapid direct forwards playing off each other tactics would be different. Add to the mix Washington who has scored a few already and has a work rate defenders hate, teams that want to play out from the back need to rethink, Pompey constantly humped balls into our box which played to our strength, particularly with a GK like Amos who can claim high balls. 

If we do go up & I think that’s a very likely outcome, Bogle with his 1 year contract would l’d imagine move on, he’s ideal for a League 1 side so good for both parties as he’d be rapidly snapped up. 

It’s many a year we’ve had a long term football plan in place (even in the SCP era it was despite our ownership) & ain’t it great when a plan comes together 🤞🤞
  • Options
    I don’t think he’s going to score many given the type of chances we create but my god would he be a nightmare to play against. Every game for us he’s ran tirelessly, put himself about and made it hard work for defenders. Really rate him.
    Something very Josh Parker about him. Don't get how Parker was slated for doing the same as Bogle is now.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Something very Josh Parker about him. Don't get how Parker was slated for doing the same as Bogle is now.
    Because Parker came on a free from Gillingham to replace a 14 goal striker that went to the premier league; and he didn’t score in a team that had aribo, Williams, Cullen and bielik
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Modern Leaburn and nothing wrong with that 
    Except Leaburn was an exquisite passer of the ball.
  • Options
    His hold up play is offering alot more to the team than Bonne leading the line last season. If the team continue to score as a result of the setup/pattern, then he has a strong role to play. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I wouldn't be so keen to let Bogle go in the summer even if we are promoted. 

Having him and Washington as the 3rd and 4th strikers and Chuks as the 3rd 10 and 5th striker would be great.

Would mean we aren't chucking a kid or a "project" into the 1st team as they were wasn't anyone else. 
    Too early to judge either way for me. He'll need to be more than a hard working hold up player for us the Championship, but there's still plenty of time for him to score 10+ this season. It's not as if he's been missing 3/4 chances a game, he's had the odd chance here and there.

Without a salary cap in the Championship we'd be able to have a bigger squad and spend more on it. We could potentially bring in a couple of strikers more proven than Bogle who are neither kids or "projects" without spending millions.
  • Options
    See more a Deon Burton plus than the names mentioned so far, and I liked Deon. At times he should be a bit more greedy though as in theory he is our main goal threat when he's on, he seems to be wanting to lay it onto someone else
  • Options
    A very solid centre forward, strong and tireless. Unlikely to be prolific, but can see him getting a dozen this season, particularly when Maddison and he develop an understanding.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I wouldn't be so keen to let Bogle go in the summer even if we are promoted. 

Having him and Washington as the 3rd and 4th strikers and Chuks as the 3rd 10 and 5th striker would be great.

Would mean we aren't chucking a kid or a "project" into the 1st team as they were wasn't anyone else. 
    Too early to judge either way for me. He'll need to be more than a hard working hold up player for us the Championship, but there's still plenty of time for him to score 10+ this season. It's not as if he's been missing 3/4 chances a game, he's had the odd chance here and there.

Without a salary cap in the Championship we'd be able to have a bigger squad and spend more on it. We could potentially bring in a couple of strikers more proven than Bogle who are neither kids or "projects" without spending millions.
    Yeah as I said 3rd or 4th choice. 
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I'd quite like to see him and aneke up top together
    Smyth would be a great option with his pace - Aneke and Bogle to battle the Centre-Backs allowing Smyth to ghost around
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Modern Leaburn and nothing wrong with that 
    Except Leaburn was an exquisite passer of the ball.
    Behave!

He could hold it up well and would bring others into the game with a simple pass, but "an exquisite passer of the ball"? He was no Colin Walsh.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Because bogle does it better and will score