Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Gallen

123457»

Comments

• Options
    I would think Gallen is outvoted by the Sandgaards on our recruitment committee of four.  His role is now I believe pretty much limited to getting the deals done once Safeguard junior and his black box does all the sourcing.  I cut him a bit of slack on that basis although its pretty clear that a negotiation went south yesterday.  That said, the previous few windows when he was responsible for sourcing players were pretty dire.   All things considered,  I'm not Gallen's greatest fan.  As someone said a few posts ago, he generally sounds full of merde.  I may be doing him a disservice.  Never met the guy and its dangerous to base opinions on the odd snippet when we dont really know what he does.  
  • Options
    Gallen is like a General manager these days. Sorting out contracts, negotiations etc. Sandgaard Junior appears to be one identifying players. 
  • Options
    You know where things are when Gallen is lauding his best piece of business as the capture of a manager and not any players.

Sandgaard is clearly forcing the narrative that we've managed to land the next Bill Shankly. Everything else is not really important.

Nothing to do with Gallen this shit show.
  • Options
    Ge shouldn’t have to do the press, get mouth almighty junior to do it, seems he has lots to say…
  • Options
    You know where things are when Gallen is lauding his best piece of business as the capture of a manager and not any players.

Sandgaard is clearly forcing the narrative that we've managed to land the next Bill Shankly. Everything else is not really important.

Nothing to do with Gallen this shit show.

Yeah but he's not wrong is he? It has been our best bit of business despite us bringing in some promising looking signings.
  • Options
    Been told by agents he never makes a decision and is very slow to react, maybe not his fault tho. Heard this a few times over the past few years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would think Gallen is outvoted by the Sandgaards on our recruitment committee of four.  His role is now I believe pretty much limited to getting the deals done once Safeguard junior and his black box does all the sourcing.  I cut him a bit of slack on that basis although its pretty clear that a negotiation went south yesterday.  That said, the previous few windows when he was responsible for sourcing players were pretty dire.   All things considered,  I'm not Gallen's greatest fan.  As someone said a few posts ago, he generally sounds full of merde.  I may be doing him a disservice.  Never met the guy and its dangerous to base opinions on the odd snippet when we dont really know what he does.  
    He is in fact a very pleasant individual and very good company.
     Very tight lipped re goings on behind the scenes and anyway, I have never tried to pick his brains, which would be rather impolite to say the least.
    I am somewhat biased I must admit, simply because I like the fella. I hope he sticks around because as things stand, he too is being dealt a poor hand to play with.

I stand corrected 😉