Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Samuel Oguntayo on trial

Comments

• Options
    Any good or one for development squad ?
    Looks good for the u23’s but he wouldn’t be the first youngster not capable of making the step up. 

He’s lightning quick and good going forward, a bit iffy defensively. 
    I presume that's why he's been moved from FB to the wing? Not seen him so just guessing but if that's the case maybe the coaches feel the same as you and his future is as a winger. 
  • Options
    Welcome aboard and good luck young man.
  • Options
    Looks good for the u23’s but he wouldn’t be the first youngster not capable of making the step up. 

I presume that's why he's been moved from FB to the wing? Not seen him so just guessing but if that's the case maybe the coaches feel the same as you and his future is as a winger. 
    As far as I’m aware everyone still views him as a left-back. That’s the only position I’ve seen him play. 

He doesn’t look good enough to be a winger in professional football, but given a bit of TLC he could tidy up the defensive work and become a very dangerous fullback. 
  • Options
    At the moment he's probably the first teams back up left back... hope he can make a good impression as a lot of teams were chasing him a year back.
  • Options
    I’m guessing an inexpensive punt based on potential. I think the term “full back” is rapidly departing from the professional game. Unless a “full back” has pace and the ability to get up with the attack and get involved with the forward play then there is a glass ceiling for them. No Premier League team are interested in an old fashioned full back. 
  • Options

As far as I’m aware everyone still views him as a left-back. That’s the only position I’ve seen him play. 

He doesn’t look good enough to be a winger in professional football, but given a bit of TLC he could tidy up the defensive work and become a very dangerous fullback. 
    I stand corrected, I thought he was being played further forward. Agree with Shooters latest post though, the solid FB is becoming outdated so like you say, could become a dangerous FB with a bit of defensive work. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I’ve seen him3 or 4 times now and he’s decent.   Full time training with professionals should benefit him but he’s got a chance.  Good luck Samuel
    @Swisdom. He is naturally left footed isn't he?

We have a massive lack of lefties at the moment so he could be a good option in JPT games. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Swisdom said:
    I’ve seen him3 or 4 times now and he’s decent.   Full time training with professionals should benefit him but he’s got a chance.  Good luck Samuel
    @Swisdom. He is naturally left footed isn't he?

We have a massive lack of lefties at the moment so he could be a good option in JPT games. 
    He is a lefty.  Got a bit of skill too.  Scored an absolute peach in one of the u23 games I was at too
  • Options
    Reports online said at various points Leeds, Citeh, Watford we’re all interested in him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Reports online said at various points Leeds, Citeh, Watford we’re all interested in him
    Reports on line said Barca and Inter were desperate to sign Yassin Moutakil so I would not believe them.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Reports on line said Barca and Inter were desperate to sign Yassin Moutakil so I would not believe them.
    Moutakil looked absolutely electric the first time I saw him and I thought that he was going to be a legend for us.

No idea why he became such a flop. 
    He was fast but maybe not a great footballer.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Moutakil looked absolutely electric the first time I saw him and I thought that he was going to be a legend for us.

He was fast but maybe not a great footballer.
    He was more than fast, he had plenty of skill too. 
  • Options
    Moutaouakil was quick and skilful, he struggled with the more defensive side as I remember it, but he was exciting to watch.
  • Options
    A mystery just like Poyet
  • Options
    Short of Left Backs you say? Isn't this chap a LB?

Also not super relevant but I love watching this back: 

• Options
    He’s he is but for whatever reason Roddy seems to be ahead of him.
  • Options
    Jason will know what’s what.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    I think both seem to be right footed left backs, I think we can guess why Roddy may be ahead of Oguntayo... It's who you know. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:

think i remember hearing there was an altercation with harry arter, and the rest of the squad took arter's side. May have completely imagined that though!
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

think i remember hearing there was an altercation with harry arter, and the rest of the squad took arter's side. May have completely imagined that though!
    Wasn't that something to do with having relations with a relative of Arter?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    I think both seem to be right footed left backs, I think we can guess why Roddy may be ahead of Oguntayo... It's who you know. 
    I saw bits of the Welling game, I’m sure Oguntayo was left footed? Someone who watched it more closely will know for sure.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:

Well maybe, but let’s not jump to conclusions and write off Roddy too quickly eh?
    Maybe he’s a pretty good player regardless of who his dad is.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

think that might have been it, pulling the moves on arter's mum is what i heard.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:

Well maybe, but let’s not jump to conclusions and write off Roddy too quickly eh?
    Maybe he’s a pretty good player regardless of who his dad is.
    Maybe. Either way if Scoham is right and Oguntayo is left footed, I'd prefer a left footer at left back. Maybe a loanee ahead of the two of them?

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

think that might have been it, pulling the moves on arter's mum is what i heard.
    Two opposing views at the time: 

Is it any of the clubs business what two consenting adults get up to? I've not heard his liaison with Arter's mum occured on club premises. I have followed Arter's career closer than most and check out his yellow/red count, mainly as a winger. He has a short fuse. Can anyone confirm the bust up was Moo2s fault? I still believe Arter will play at least our current level.
    If you believe the bust up with Arter was anything to do with Mrs Arter then you will believe anything! Moo2 got a raw deal because he was 'different'. Didn't smoke, didn't drink, didn't go to nightclubs and thus didn't really fit in. I'm led to believe that he was very much the kid bullied at school who snapped at the bully. Arter being the bully
    Crazily Yassin is 35 now... Arter 31... When did time speed up?
  • Options
    https://www.puregym.com/personal-trainer/yassin-moutaouakil/

Now a personal trainer after a pretty unsuccessful football career really. It would be interesting to hear his view about it
  • Options
    Oguntayo is left footed but can’t really defend. He’s a winger who wasn’t good enough going forward so has been reinvented as a full back. 

I don’t think anyone is too keen on blooding him this season, he has a lot to work on before he can start playing men’s football as a defender.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Two opposing views at the time: 

Is it any of the clubs business what two consenting adults get up to? I've not heard his liaison with Arter's mum occured on club premises. I have followed Arter's career closer than most and check out his yellow/red count, mainly as a winger. He has a short fuse. Can anyone confirm the bust up was Moo2s fault? I still believe Arter will play at least our current level.
    If you believe the bust up with Arter was anything to do with Mrs Arter then you will believe anything! Moo2 got a raw deal because he was 'different'. Didn't smoke, didn't drink, didn't go to nightclubs and thus didn't really fit in. I'm led to believe that he was very much the kid bullied at school who snapped at the bully. Arter being the bully
    Crazily Yassin is 35 now... Arter 31... When did time speed up?
    i'll take olly's account on it then. I remember seeing arter in various maidstone nightclubs near the time, so makes sense! I remember arter and josh wright (brother of mark, don't forget) being pretty tight at the time.