Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will we be champions

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:
    If we win our next league game I may just have to start up one of my "countdown to promotion" threads. 
    When we've been doing well before, someone on here has posted some excellent tables showing the points needed/possible (I think it was based on baseball methodology or something like that, but I'm not sure).  I'm looking forward to seeing some more of those. 
    Think it was Dave Rudd
    Could well be. I know Dave did the Mathematics of Relegation thread last year with R and R'. It always amused me how many people didn't get it.
  • Options
    Think Parky will be gone this week. 
  • Options
    Am i missing something with the bookies
    Skybet 
    10s winner
    7/2 promotion 
    11/2 top 2
    11/10 top 6
  • Options
    Long long long way to go and some very even and decent sides in this league.

Let’s see where we are in January before we can make any kind of prediction.

However, I must admit, if we manage to get 9 points in our next 3 games heading into December, I’ll be getting very excited.

Until we play Peterborough on 29th December, on paper, Ipswich away on 28th November is the hardest game we have.

There are 9 games between now and Peterborough game, if we were to get say 20 points in our next 9, we would have 42 from 19, we’d pretty much be on our way.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Skybet 
    10s winner
    7/2 promotion 
    11/2 top 2
    11/10 top 6
    Nope.
  • Options
    All teams will have injuries and losses of form

If we lose say Washington, then that will affect us, as he's been the only striker we have who's both been scoring AND can be relied on to play regularly.
  • Options
    We’re gonna have a bad run of form, just depends on how long those bad runs last vs how long the good runs last. Minimise the slumps, extend the winning runs and we’ll have as good a chance as any.

Powell’s 11/12 team had a couple of home losses on the bounce in March/April time. Curbishley’s 99/00 team had a run of one win in six leading up to Christmas.
    Good point.  I think our start under Bowyer for the promotion season didn’t set the world alight, but that’s the start of the season.  Things take time to settle.  As you point out, it’s about that run of poor form you may hit further along in the season.  During the promotion season last time round, the poor run coincided with Lyle Taylor’s suspension if I remember correctly.  I can recall a few draws and a defeat up at Fleetwood, but we went on a solid run after that.

I truly believe a strong end to the season is key.  I think our squad will help enable this.  When we went up last time, I think our starting XI across the season was probably stronger than any starting XI we can put together this season, but we have more strength in depth.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    We’ve been in league 1 6 times in recent history. We’ve finish in top 6. 4 out of those times. 

If someone can find me a side who has won 6 games in a row and not finished inside the top 6 of a division. I will be impressed. Struggling to name one in recent memory. 

(Sheffield United 2013/4 season won 7 in a row and finished 7th in the league).
  • Options
    I'm a believer, maybe not 95 points but I do think we are on the way. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Skybet 
    10s winner
    7/2 promotion 
    11/2 top 2
    11/10 top 6
    Nope.
    The bookies just follow betting trends. If I went and put 10k on us with Paddy Power I can guarantee they'd slash the odds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Skybet 
    10s winner
    7/2 promotion 
    11/2 top 2
    11/10 top 6
    Nope.
    On line bookies work to an algorithm it not some football boffin sitting studying the form . . . Fans know first which way the wind is blowing . . . Just top up my investment with another £150 @ 10/1 . . .
  • Options
    German said:
    clb74 said:
    Skybet 
    10s winner
    7/2 promotion 
    11/2 top 2
    11/10 top 6
    Nope.
    On line bookies work to an algorithm it not some football boffin sitting studying the form . . . Fans know first which way the wind is blowing . . . Just top up my investment with another £150 @ 10/1 . . .
    Cheers German now evens favourites
  • Options
    Hey, chaps ...... one game at a time. Win that and there's another 3 points in the tank.
    Repeat for just another 36 times, and no other team can catch us blah blah.

In other news, any word how the in-house training match went today?

Very disappointed no one could be arsed to put up a Match thread.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Hey, chaps ...... one game at a time. Win that and there's another 3 points in the tank.

Dont you usually put up the Match Threads? 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Dont you usually put up the Match Threads? 
    Yeah, but I couldn't be arsed. :smile:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Just change the first 2 words of the thread title round.
  • Options
    8 season in a row that a relegated team from championship has won promotion the following season. It says a lot about the difference in quality between league 1 & championship.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I agree, I want to know the exact times when the injured players were stretchered off
  • Options
    Just change the first 2 letters of the thread title round.
    "Iwll we be champions" doesn't really make sense does it?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just change the first 2 letters of the thread title round.
    "Iwll we be champions" doesn't really make sense does it?

Sorry, meant to say words
  • Options
    8 season in a row that a relegated team from championship has won promotion the following season. It says a lot about the difference in quality between league 1 & championship.
    Hull just need to bugger off
  • Options
    Yeah... Was coming on to say we are top on PPG, but now see table above

COYR
  • Options
    German said:
    Call Boris to end the league now 👍 👍 . . . 
    Nah, we need to wait a week until Sunderland drop out of the playoff positions first  :D
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Long long long way to go and some very even and decent sides in this league.

Let’s see where we are in January before we can make any kind of prediction.

However, I must admit, if we manage to get 9 points in our next 3 games heading into December, I’ll be getting very excited.

Until we play Peterborough on 29th December, on paper, Ipswich away on 28th November is the hardest game we have.

There are 9 games between now and Peterborough game, if we were to get say 20 points in our next 9, we would have 42 from 19, we’d pretty much be on our way.
    Just the 6 wins 2 draws and 1 loss to get to 20 points , that’ll take some doing 
  • Options
    Still can't believe I got 40's on automatic promotion only eight weeks ago.
  • Options
    You can still get 1/5 with Skybet for us to be top half :smile:
    I've just stuck another £1000 on.
    I still can't see us not making the top half, even with our 2nd X1.
    20% return in 6 months, is an annualised return of 40%.

• Options
    I was tempted to bet on us but was concerned not to jinx it. In my mind, I think we have the best squad. This is a season where that will mean a lot I suspect.