Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Gillingham v Charlton | Saturday 21st November 2020.

Comments

• Options
    Even half really. Amos has made some excellent saves. Our best attempts have been from 30yards and 40 yards. Won a soft pen. Failed to bury it. 

0-0 it is.
  • Options
    Disappointing tbh
    When isn't a penalty save disappointing? It's a free gift and most are scored. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Frustrating game so far, but it's there for the taking. We need to be asking more questions of Gillingham.
  • Options
    Fuck sake that was just bad all around. 

Was never a penalty, and it was never going in the moment Jackson shouted at Bogle not to take it. 
    What utter drivel. So its JJ’s fault?
    What are you talking about mate. When did I say it was JJs fault at all? 

That comment is utter drivel. 
    You said it was never going to be scored from the moment JJ shouted at Bogle to give Washington the ball. That was utter drivel. 
  • Options
    That was just a really boring half of football. 

Gillingham get ball. 
    Attack down right. 
    Comes to nothing. 
    Charlton slow build up. 
    Comes to nothing. 
    Gillingham get ball. 
    Attack down right.

Rinse and repeat.

Hopefully it will open up a bit in second half. 
  • Options
    Can’t believe people blaming or chastising Bogle! 

Bloke is desperate to score, and was confident that he would score- that’s got to be a good thing! 

Hopefully a better second half, and more fluid football and Charlton goals! 

Feel for bogle , hopefully he gets his goal!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reasonable half. Nice switch to 3 at the back when they put us under pressure, and that gave the midfield some help our wide. Shame the penalty was saved - nothing much wrong with it bar the arguing about who took it (shades of Middlesbrough away and Killer and Harris?); shouldn't have happened! Hope and expect to see the forwards stronger second half and Aneke/Smyth on for Bogle/Maddison around the hour mark.
  • Options
    That half could easily have had 4 goals in it. But thought Gillingham edged it on the chances. We've played some nice stuff but our strikers just haven't been involved at all. Normally Bogle is our target man and we have runners off him, but today we're feeding Maddison, and now our strikers are the runners, but there's been very little link-up between them and Marcus. Probably need time to build an understanding.

Can see we miss the commanding presence of Inniss and Famewo but on the flip side our distribution from the back has been very good today.
  • Options
    #TeamBogle
  • Options
    We really need better width. So narrow and slow at the moment.
  • Options
    Pretty rubbish half of football, both sides will be gutted that they’re not going into the break 1-0 up. 

I don’t think the diamonds working, they’re overloading the flanks and we can’t handle it at all. We should be dominating the middle as we have the extra body but we can’t pass it through the thirds.
  • Options

Was never a penalty, and it was never going in the moment Jackson shouted at Bogle not to take it. 

You said it was never going to be scored from the moment JJ shouted at Bogle to give Washington the ball. That was utter drivel. 
    Yep, I said the moment JJ shouted at Bogle to change the penalty taker it was never going in. And guess what happened. It didn't go in. 

But tell me where at all did I say it was JJs fault? Go on. 
  • Options
    It’s amateurish from I presume Bogle that he didn’t know penalty’s are Washington’s and if he didn’t know then it’s amateurish from the management , it’s not rocket science .
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    PWR

anyone who blames Bogle for the penalty miss should be permabanned 

xoxo
    Bogle can’t be blamed directly for the penalty miss but you’ve got to question his reasoning for picking up the ball expecting to take it. 

Stop being a bell and do more in open play to get a goal. Leave the pens to the designated penalty taker.
  • Options
    Good first half. We should be in front.

Fascinating watching us play out from the back every single time in Man city style. Actually seem really confident doing it. Just hope this confidence is well placed!

Still chuckle at those who doubted Ben Amos' ability to step in for Phillips. He's a quality goalkeeper.

Shame about the penalty but credit the goalkeeper for the save.

We will win this in the second half

And finally, Steve Evans really is a loud-mouth *****. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    OK, so far we have:

i:  Washingtons fault (for missing the penalty).
    ii: Bogle's fault ( for creating a sense of self doubt in the mind of Washington)
    iii:Jackson's fault (for not letting Bogle take the penalty)
    iv:The referees fault (it was never a penalty anyway).
    v; The whole teams fault for not scoring from the opportunities we have had
  • Options
    On the evidence so far we will be lucky to walk away with a draw from this. Amos has kept us in it twice.

Bogle and Washington have had scraps so far. I just hope we can create more in the 2nd half and nick a goal from somewhere.
  • Options
    I have to admit I’m a little worried with Amos’s handling as he slides out to make saves,  he appears to spill the ball more than I think he should and I’ve been a big fan of his up till last couple of matches ... so he’s well in credit ... then he produces that worldly save ... so what do i know 
  • Options
    If you don't score your penalties it sucks the juice out of your team and injects the boost into the opposition.
    Ominous.
    Reminds me of the end of the first half away at Lincoln.
    We need a re-set and some growling determination.
    For this game so far we miss Innes.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    mendonca said:
    "Bogle’s frustration, he also just wants to score his first goal for the club." .......for the club or for himself?
    I’m not saying what he done was right, because clearly Washington is the taker and Bogle should’ve left it to him.

But you can understand a bit of frustration from his side. He has yet to score for us and as a striker, getting your first for your new club is important, so you should be able to see where he’s coming from.

Of course he should’ve left it so Washington could concentrate on scoring, but it was a good save and these things happen. 
  • Options
    Clubs have a designated penalty taker, and at the moment it's clearly Washington

Whether Bogle is desperate for a goal or not is irrelevant

It wasn't a bad penalty to be fair, clearly not disguised enough but hit into the corner
  • Options
    Missing our back two of inny and fama... Pleased with Morgan and maddison has got real quality but think he needs time.
    Think Chucks needs to come on though to make a difference. 
  • Options

Yep, I said the moment JJ shouted at Bogle to change the penalty taker it was never going in. And guess what happened. It didn't go in. 

But tell me where at all did I say it was JJs fault? Go on. 
    Your implication is that if Jackson didn’t say anything it would have gone in. Which doesn’t make any sense and is a complete guess.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!