Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Gillingham v Charlton | Saturday 21st November 2020.

Comments

• Options
    Fuck sake that was just bad all around. 

Was never a penalty, and it was never going in the moment Jackson shouted at Bogle not to take it. 
    What utter drivel. So its JJ’s fault?
    What are you talking about mate. When did I say it was JJs fault at all? 

That comment is utter drivel. 
    You said it was never going to be scored from the moment JJ shouted at Bogle to give Washington the ball. That was utter drivel. 
    Yep, I said the moment JJ shouted at Bogle to change the penalty taker it was never going in. And guess what happened. It didn't go in. 

But tell me where at all did I say it was JJs fault? Go on. 
    Your implication is that if Jackson didn’t say anything it would have gone in. Which doesn’t make any sense and is a complete guess.
    Nope, nope it does not.

Maybe, I should have just said the moment we decided to change penalty taker it was never going in. Similar to how Sage framed it. 

Maybe that would have made you more happy, instead of referring to my comment as utter drivel. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Not watching , but is it the case that Bogle definitely insisted on taking the penalty, ahead of the designated taker?
    Yes, definitely. He was holding the ball and Washington was standing over the spot, they were obviously having a bit of a disagreement. Then Jackson was shouting "Omar, omar, give him the ball." And Omar walked away very disappointed. 
  • Options
    The moment a player interferes like Bogle did, he's on a loser. It's rare that any good comes out of silly things like that and it can it have all sorts of knock effects if you're not careful. Time for the experienced players (and there enough of them out there) to take control and sort it out, both in terms of discipline and performance. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    That was just a really boring half of football. 

Gillingham get ball. 
    Attack down right. 
    Comes to nothing. 
    Charlton slow build up. 
    Comes to nothing. 
    Gillingham get ball. 
    Attack down right.

Rinse and repeat.

Hopefully it will open up a bit in second half. 
    "Boring"? Are you being funny?

A penalty miss, a great save from Amos, great 30 yard + free kick from Maddison, Watson's shot from his own half, Shinnie's long ranger just over the bar, a row over who takes the penalty, Steve Evan's screaming like a demented twat and various other chances ....

I was actually thinking that from a neutral perspective it' been quite a good match. Certainly compared to most of the others I've seen this season - ours and elsewhere.
    Firstly thank you for mentioning why *you* found the half interesting. 

I found it boring and I explained why I found it boring. Why am I 'being funny'? Why can't you simply just say, 'I personally didn't find it boring and this is why.'
    Errr .... because I wasn't sure if you were being funny or not. 

Clearly a lost happened in the first half so I thought your comments may have been tongue in cheek, but clearly not.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. But if you found that half "boring" then I genuinely wonder just what you expect from a third tier football match played in a strong swirling wind. 

"Boring" to me is when nothing of any note or interest has occurred. Definitely can't say that about that half.
  • Options
    Just wondering if we get a penalty in the 2nd half who is going to take it!
  • Options
    On a plus...the stream has been faultless!
  • Options
    Not watching , but is it the case that Bogle definitely insisted on taking the penalty, ahead of the designated taker?
    Insisted is probably strong
    hinted?
  • Options
    Get Smyth on.  They are there for the taking.  We'll win this and go top tonight.
    Sorry for sounding pedantic but we'd need to win by 4 goals to go top
  • Options
    If we concede first we wont win. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We barely get one penalty a game and you want TWO??? ;) 
  • Options
    Fuck sake that was just bad all around. 

Was never a penalty, and it was never going in the moment Jackson shouted at Bogle not to take it. 
    What utter drivel. So its JJ’s fault?
    What are you talking about mate. When did I say it was JJs fault at all? 

That comment is utter drivel. 
    You said it was never going to be scored from the moment JJ shouted at Bogle to give Washington the ball. That was utter drivel. 
    Yep, I said the moment JJ shouted at Bogle to change the penalty taker it was never going in. And guess what happened. It didn't go in. 

But tell me where at all did I say it was JJs fault? Go on. 
    Your implication is that if Jackson didn’t say anything it would have gone in. Which doesn’t make any sense and is a complete guess.
    Nope, nope it does not.

Maybe, I should have just said the moment we decided to change penalty taker it was never going in. Similar to how Sage framed it. 

Maybe that would have made you more happy, instead of referring to my comment as utter drivel. 

• Options
    Anyone blaming Bogle for Washington failing needs to give their head a wobble.

He had a job. Score.

he didn’t. End of
  • Options
    Two penalties in one match?

I'm surprised we've had two in one season.
  • Options
  • Options
    Insisted is probably strong
    It's just amateur though isn't it?
    You just step aside and give the ball to your mate.
    Very poor.
  • Options
    Washington
  • Options
    Albie goes close. 
  • Options
    47' Chance! The ball drops to Morgan in the box, he hits a volley which deflects wide. #gills 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    47' 0-0 Big chance for Charlton so early on in the half. Albi Morgan is unmarked inside the box, cross manages to find him. Contact made is poor and his effort receives a deflection. Corner given, headed clear by Ogilvie. #Gills
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Good pressure in the first few minutes. Our full backs pushing much higher up
  • Options
    If Bogle had taken the pen. and missed.
    There would be posters on here saying our pen. taker Washington should have taken it.
    (If Washington is our penalty taker). 
  • Options
    48' 0-0 Effort from Ian Maatsen is blocked by Medley. McKenzie wins a 50/50 in the middle of the park but the loose ball is gathered by a red shirt. The visitors have begun very positively. Ogilvie however wins a free-kick, under pressure from Maddison. #Gills
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    That was just a really boring half of football. 

Gillingham get ball. 
    Attack down right. 
    Comes to nothing. 
    Charlton slow build up. 
    Comes to nothing. 
    Gillingham get ball. 
    Attack down right.

Rinse and repeat.

Hopefully it will open up a bit in second half. 
    "Boring"? Are you being funny?

A penalty miss, a great save from Amos, great 30 yard + free kick from Maddison, Watson's shot from his own half, Shinnie's long ranger just over the bar, a row over who takes the penalty, Steve Evan's screaming like a demented twat and various other chances ....

I was actually thinking that from a neutral perspective it' been quite a good match. Certainly compared to most of the others I've seen this season - ours and elsewhere.
    Firstly thank you for mentioning why *you* found the half interesting. 

I found it boring and I explained why I found it boring. Why am I 'being funny'? Why can't you simply just say, 'I personally didn't find it boring and this is why.'
    Errr .... because I wasn't sure if you were being funny or not. 

Clearly a lost happened in the first half so I thought your comments may have been tongue in cheek, but clearly not.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. But if you found that half "boring" then I genuinely wonder just what you expect from a third tier football match played in a strong swirling wind. 

"Boring" to me is when nothing of any note or interest has occurred. Definitely can't say that about that half.
    Boring to me is watching the same patterns of play for 45 minutes. I can understand why Gillingham may play like that, but we have the ability to change it up.

And look like we already have this half by a little more direct. 
  • Options
    Play a bloody pass Maddy!
  • Options
    The badge says Charlton athletic, not Marcus Maddison FC.... Someone remind him.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    47' 0-0 Big chance for Charlton so early on in the half. Albi Morgan is unmarked inside the box, cross manages to find him. Contact made is poor and his effort receives a deflection. Corner given, headed clear by Ogilvie. #Gills
    Bogle's fault.  He should have shouted for Morgan to leave it to Washington. 
  • Options
    Two penalties in one match?

I'm surprised we've had two in one season.
    Always likely to get more in a league one season as naturally we'll be on the attack more in games
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    On the evidence so far we will be lucky to walk away with a draw from this. Amos has kept us in it twice.

Bogle and Washington have had scraps so far. I just hope we can create more in the 2nd half and nick a goal from somewhere.
    That really is half glass empty!

We've been the better team so far. Yes Amos has made a couple of good saves but we could easily be 2 or 3 up and we're the only team playing any sort of football.

2-0 to Charlton.
    Hope you're right.

Telling it as I see it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!