Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Very reassuring. Thanks Lauren.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I really appreciate this article because I and maybe all fans are still a bit worried, that there may be a sting in the tail waiting to happen.

This interview hopefully dispels that and 'Tooth' Freeman!'

Thanks Lauren and CAST.
  • Options
    Brilliant article - tidies up practically all of the questions that we supporters have been asking.  Eye catching that  LK cant work out whether the terms of the injunction were a mistake - really really hope that it was all one big legal cock up on their side.
    Anyway reminds me; I need to ring my new dentist again.

• Options
    That made fantastic reading.
  • Options
    From my brief snippets of correspondence with MM on LinkedIn, I had the impression he was one of the good guys and doing his utmost to help us. 

Very happy this has now been proven. 
  • Options
    Service above and beyond, Lauren joins an exceptional few in the story of Charlton Athletic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Q:  Why do you think Lex Dominus didn’t specifically reference the sale of the football club in the injunction?  Was it just a basic mistake?

LK:  It’s a great question and its one that kept me awake for weeks and months on end. Obviously, I wasn’t instructed in relation to the sale as that would have been improper because I was instructed in relation to the injunction proceedings. It is a question I still don’t know the answer to and I suspect that your speculation is right.

What I can say is that, if they had asked the court to grant an injunction restraining the sale of the shares in ESI and CAFC, I have absolutely no doubt that the court would have granted that injunction.

I’m a bit confused by all this, could someone please explain this is terms that a jam donut could understand? Does it mean Thomas was only able to buy the club because Paul Elliot forgot to write in the injunction that he wanted to prevent CAFC from being sold?

• Options

Q:  Why do you think Lex Dominus didn’t specifically reference the sale of the football club in the injunction?  Was it just a basic mistake?

LK:  It’s a great question and its one that kept me awake for weeks and months on end. Obviously, I wasn’t instructed in relation to the sale as that would have been improper because I was instructed in relation to the injunction proceedings. It is a question I still don’t know the answer to and I suspect that your speculation is right.

What I can say is that, if they had asked the court to grant an injunction restraining the sale of the shares in ESI and CAFC, I have absolutely no doubt that the court would have granted that injunction.

I’m a bit confused by all this, could someone please explain this is terms that a jam donut could understand? Does it mean Thomas was only able to buy the club because Paul Elliot forgot to write in the injunction that he wanted to prevent CAFC from being sold?

Yes in her opinion if they had worded the injunction to be that ESI can not sell ESI or the asset Charlton then the court would of agreed and as such Charlton would not have been sold to TS without paying off ESI 2. 
  • Options

Lauren is (quite rightly) very careful in everything she says. She has also (quite rightly) been very careful about what she has said informally to the rest of us on the CAST board. 

But I read this as:

1. She thinks it was a mistake on their part ("I suspect your speculation is right")
    2. She was kept awake worrying that they would notice their mistake in time and amend it.
    3. If they had amended it to include CAFC they would have been granted it. 
  • Options
    Wasn't there chat in the court that Charlton Athletic were not to be considered part of it , for the case of the injunction Lex Dominus wanted against ESI... I struggle to keep up with this shit
  • Options
    What a wonderful lady she is! Thank you, Lauren, from all very anxious fans like me. Reassuring us once again.
    Also really glad to read that Marian was a good guy in all this, as he came across as one, but with the other dodgy cast around him, I was still very suspicious.
    Thanks to all involved behind the scenes, that saved CAFC and brought us Thomas!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliott saying things on the radio that are, "categorically untrue" as part of a "strategy". Who'd have thought it?
  • Options
    Pico said:

Lauren is (quite rightly) very careful in everything she says. She has also (quite rightly) been very careful about what she has said informally to the rest of us on the CAST board. 

But I read this as:

1. She thinks it was a mistake on their part ("I suspect your speculation is right")
    2. She was kept awake worrying that they would notice their mistake in time and amend it.

That must be a bigger own goal that a CB hitting a back pass to his keeper who misses the ball and a goal results for the opposition in say a playoff final.

I find it hard to believe that such a basic mistake could be made by a legal team or two defenders. 
    Impressive imagination, surely that would never happen...
  • Options
    Interesting Q and A from Lauren.

"Two bald men fighting over a comb"
    LOL    :D 

If Lauren gives a good reference to Marian Mihail for his work behind the scenes for CAFC then we should accept that endorsement.

After the Wigan owner checked out putting the football club into adminstration BEFORE buying Wigan we may count ourselves very lucky that we not only have the Trust but a very knowledgeable fan base.

We are fortunate to have Laura and her legal experience and the other 5 who were elected to the board recently all bringing their different skill set to the table.
    Many thanks to the other two candidates who stood as well.

Weggie as Chair person will lead the Trust into having even more members in the future, 3000 and counting.

I know!
    I’ve resisted for years.
    I’m struggling to justify my non conformity now.
    All it would take is for the great Lady Tracey to ask me to do it and my willpower will be gone 😜
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Seem to remember Lex Dominus' side repeatedly rubbishing any suggestion that the impact on Charlton and specifically Charlton in the community should be considered as it was irrelevant, so maybe they weren't as sure as Panorama Magic that the injunction would be granted if it included Charlton. 
    That’s how I remember it too. 

The early moments of the court case with Chaisty’s introduction was increasingly anxious for us following along, as he kept making it clear this was not about the club and community, and we were all tearing our hair out screaming that that’s all this is about. 
    Probably where their screwup came from ... they thought it helped their case to keep us out if it ... how wrong they were ... although if it had been about the club and the community, they may have lost anyway. 

Thankfully, we don’t have to worry about it. 
  • Options
    Pico said:

But I read this as:

That must be a bigger own goal that a CB hitting a back pass to his keeper who misses the ball and a goal results for the opposition in say a playoff final.

I find it hard to believe that such a basic mistake could be made by a legal team or two defenders. 

I think it speaks loudly to the amateurish chances that make up Lex Dominus.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Seem to remember Lex Dominus' side repeatedly rubbishing any suggestion that the impact on Charlton and specifically Charlton in the community should be considered as it was irrelevant, so maybe they weren't as sure as Panorama Magic that the injunction would be granted if it included Charlton. 
    That’s how I remember it too. 

The early moments of the court case with Chaisty’s introduction was increasingly anxious for us following along, as he kept making it clear this was not about the club and community, and we were all tearing our hair out screaming that that’s all this is about. 
    Maybe he (Chaisty) screwed up then, in choosing how he would conduct his case?