Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lauren Kreamer still isn't bovvered

Comments

• Options
    Thank you for the replies to my question further up guys x
  • Options
    Excellent information and good to read, thank you CAST and Lauren for your hard work!
  • Options
    However close CAFC came to falling into the hands of ne'erdowells or charlatans, I still fail to see what they thought they'd get out of it.
    Unless they had yet another, even richer fucktard lined up to flog it on to immediately, all that CAFC represented at the time was a mountain of liabilities with negligible revenue.  The ESI(1) version of the business was saddled with the ultra moronic commitments to the rat as well.
    The cash cow that mouthall thought he'd secured had already been drained to beef jerky.

All in the past.
    Onwards and upwards
    COYR

• Options
    edited November 2020
    MattF said:
    Seem to remember Lex Dominus' side repeatedly rubbishing any suggestion that the impact on Charlton and specifically Charlton in the community should be considered as it was irrelevant, so maybe they weren't as sure as Panorama Magic that the injunction would be granted if it included Charlton. 
    There was also, during the Southall case back in July (I think), where the judge made a declaration that ESI/Panorama Magic owned CAFC and not Elliot, based on evidence/admission by Farnell, I believe.

I'm a bit hazy on detail, but no doubt someone on here can recall and clarify?

Was that the reason Lex Dom only sought an injunction with the sale of shares in ESI - as they'd already stated in court that they did not own the club in the July court case?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Seem to remember Lex Dominus' side repeatedly rubbishing any suggestion that the impact on Charlton and specifically Charlton in the community should be considered as it was irrelevant, so maybe they weren't as sure as Panorama Magic that the injunction would be granted if it included Charlton. 
    There was also, during the Southall case back in July (I think), where the judge made a declaration that ESI/Panorama Magic owned CAFC and not Elliot, based on evidence/admission by Farnell, I believe.

Was that the reason Lex Dom only sought an injunction with the sale of shares in ESI - as they'd already stated in court that they did not own the club in the July court case?

I think this is right. I was thinking the same. 

If that matter was presented in the injunction case, they risked failing due to the case that LK/PM were making about how limited the time was for club to survive. 

I am sure that LK was worried but I doubt it was a mistake as simple as they just didn't spot the ability for ESI to sell its asset. 

• Options
    The worrying thing is, is that the next club will not be as lucky as us as Farnell & Co will have learnt their lesson 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    The worrying thing is, is that the next club will not be as lucky as us as Farnell & Co will have learnt their lesson 
    There needs to be some sort of 'black list' where known predators of distressed clubs will never be approved by EFL.

But, of course, all they need is to hide their involvement - and find a 'stooge' to front a takeover.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:

I think this is right. I was thinking the same. 

If that matter was presented in the injunction case, they risked failing due to the case that LK/PM were making about how limited the time was for club to survive. 

I am sure that LK was worried but I doubt it was a mistake as simple as they just didn't spot the ability for ESI to sell its asset. 

That makes it sound like it was a calculated risk, which it couldn't have been, since the injunction didn't stop the sale of the club, and what they actually applied for meant they lost everything. 

I think both Hanlon's and Occam's razors might apply here. 
  • Options
    Think also TS may have been underestimated in his ability to re-negotiate the various deals with Roland needed to take on the club, might be they felt that no-one would want to try and take CAFC off ESI and cop it for the agreements that Southall had made
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely brilliant interview.

An immensely complicated issue explained in simple English that even I can understand!
    And not a house analogy in sight! I suppose car analogies are all the rage nowadays.
  • Options
    Absolutely brilliant interview.

An immensely complicated issue explained in simple English that even I can understand!
    And not a house analogy in sight! I suppose car analogies are all the range nowadays.
    Fixed that for you. 😉
  • Options
    MM was the main source of info coming out to the ‘ITK’ crowd. Good man .
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Great stuff from Lauren and CAST, thank you one and all.👏🤝👌
  • Options
    However close CAFC came to falling into the hands of ne'erdowells or charlatans, I still fail to see what they thought they'd get out of it.
    Unless they had yet another, even richer fucktard lined up to flog it on to immediately, all that CAFC represented at the time was a mountain of liabilities with negligible revenue.  The ESI(1) version of the business was saddled with the ultra moronic commitments to the rat as well.
    The cash cow that mouthall thought he'd secured had already been drained to beef jerky.

All in the past.
    Onwards and upwards
    COYR

I also struggle to understand their medium/long game, and given the cash would have run out.  I can only conclude that administration was the objective in order to realise cash from the most valuable asset i.e players. 

It could explain why friends and family became debtors of such ridiculous amounts if these third party debts would have made the club non-viable as a going concern and resulted in the administrator having to wind-up the club and sell players rather than a sale of the whole club to a new owner.

On a wind-up, after meeting debts, the balance goes back to the shareholders.  Is this why TN fell out with MS? - TN was being shafted out of a full share of the winding-up assets through MS and his mates creaming off the top.
  • Options
    Interesting Q and A from Lauren.

"Two bald men fighting over a comb"
    LOL    :D 

If Lauren gives a good reference to Marian Mihail for his work behind the scenes for CAFC then we should accept that endorsement.

After the Wigan owner checked out putting the football club into adminstration BEFORE buying Wigan we may count ourselves very lucky that we not only have the Trust but a very knowledgeable fan base.

We are fortunate to have Laura and her legal experience and the other 5 who were elected to the board recently all bringing their different skill set to the table.
    Many thanks to the other two candidates who stood as well.

Weggie as Chair person will lead the Trust into having even more members in the future, 3000 and counting.

I know!
    I’ve resisted for years.
    I’m struggling to justify my non conformity now.
    All it would take is for the great Lady Tracey to ask me to do it and my willpower will be gone 😜
    2819 as we stand, member 2820 wins........... a badge!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s a brilliant interview, well done CAST,Lauren thank you, you are a Charlton legend & I am so glad you are one of our own...
  • Options
    Marry me Lauren 
    Ha ha your too late Canters, I posted exactly those words the day after the first trial.

Suppose you being around half a century younger than me could help you!  🤣
  • Options
    Good clear explanation from Lauren. Shame the journos can’t be bothered to report this correctly.
  • Options
    It makes you wonder if Marian Mihail had on purpose "messed" up a little in court to ensure they thought they would get away with it and not wonder about the "asset".

LK is class though! She's going to be treated like royalty in the covered end!
  • Options
    It makes you wonder if Marian Mihail had on purpose "messed" up a little in court to ensure they thought they would get away with it and not wonder about the "asset".

I wonder. I do seem to remember him talking about "smokescreens".
  • Options
    Pico said:

I wonder. I do seem to remember him talking about "smokescreens".
    Pretty sure it was exactly that - his twitter feed mentioned smokescreens a couple of times.

Get the plaintiff to spot some minor error or inconsistency and they will focus on that in an attempt to win the case and miss out on the bigger picture.
  • Options
    Once this has all blown over with us in the dreamland, CF & co. behind bars and TS worshipped like a God in a packed out Valley - I hope Lauren releases a book on this madness with as much depth as legally safe to delve into. 

I'm sure between us lot we can think of an apt book name....
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Once this has all blown over with us in the dreamland, CF & co. behind bars and TS worshipped like a God in a packed out Valley - I hope Lauren releases a book on this madness with as much depth as legally safe to delve into. 

I'm sure between us lot we can think of an apt book name....
    Probably safer and more professional for Lauren to have somebody else write a book on the subject and perhaps maybe be a resource for the research. If only CAFC had such a person !
  • Options
    Marry me Lauren 
    Oi ... Get to the back of the queue