Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Sat 12 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    So much good play undone by two minutes of madness. Pratley sleeping and not following Pigott for the first (good finish aside), and the whole defence asleep for the second...

Maddison doing great when we can get him on the ball and he isnt chopped down.. Chucks required but not sure this is Johnnies day with this lenient ref?
  • Options
    Game over. We really need to sort this team out. 
  • Options
    Played well until we scored. Then we switched off... 
  • Options
    I feel Bogle should try to stay up front a bit more. Doesn't play bad, but he drops too deep sometimes. We than lack an outlet and someone who can hold up the ball for our attacking midfielders to play off.
  • Options
    Was going to say better than last week, oh dear.
  • Options
    Bogle is complete waste of space . We created one half chance in that half and scored from it . We just don’t create any chances . 
    Let’s face it , this is a team that’s been cobbled together on short notice and just isn’t very good.
  • Options
    Gilbey, Watson and Bogle are so poor. 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Good job we’re so good at coming back from behind then...
    Last time was Boxing Day. 20 games since then we've not managed it. A couple of times I think we managed to scrape a draw (home to Wigan being one of them).

Sorry but I can't see us scoring 2 more.
    Has to happen eventually though doesnt it...
  • Options
    Much better performance from the Addicks until the defence went Awol after 40 mins
  • Options
    Panic not fellow lifers, we are kicking towards to THE COVERED END second half, no problem
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've been the better team and were doing well.  

Let's turn it around second half
  • Options
    I think the new Valley Pass coverage has been absolutely first class. Really enjoyed the build up to the match.

Just a shame the actual match has been crap!

If we can't beat a bang average Wimbledon team we don't have a hope of going up.
  • Options
    What we need is some more nothing balls from Maddison. 
  • Options
    Bit less limp than usual but why do we look like a totally different team every match ? 

This team looks more like Maddison plus some other blokes who ate quite slow.  
  • Options
    When are people going to wake up and see that our issues run a whole lot deeper then the players on the pitch.

As game as Wimbledon are, our midfield should be bossing this game, yet apart from a lively start before they doubled up on Maddison, its been even stevens. 

Burton, Shrewsbury, Gillingham, and now Wimbledon. Our movement off the ball, our inability to be in the right areas to get the second ball, or knowing where our players are to release some pressure when the balls in the air. This is all down to what happens during the coaching. 
  • Options
    57% possession. We just don't have the pace or guile to break down teams who sit back against us. We hardly threatened their goal until the Washington strike, and our patched up central defence is not good enough to keep them out at the other end.
  • Options
    What was Thomas saying pre match about our defence and how Wimbledon wouldn’t score today?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Bogle hasn't been poor. Not making that run was a strange choice. He's held it up well when he's got it. But he's no goal threat.
  • Options
    awful. Again.

we really haven’t got much of a team here. Worrying 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    How the fuck is Bogle the scapegoat yet again? He's had a good half of hold-up play. He had a miscommunication with Maddison and you're all blaming him for a goal? Get a grip. 

Watson and Gilbey however, open season as far as I'm concerned 
    I’d like to watch the game your watching ! 
  • Options
    Putting the highlights on at the moment.

Ours will take 20 seconds!
  • Options
    Bods64 said:
    Much better performance from the Addicks until the defence went Awol after 40 mins
    This has been the biggest frustration... We've been a lot better than what we saw against Burton | MK | Shrewsbury

Two brief moments where we've switched off have cost us again though - Game isnt over yet
  • Options
    Can someone please tell me what these new players actually offer? Maddison, Bogle, Gilbey and Washington are completely anonymous. Bunch of nothings.
  • Options
    We “looked“ okay until we scored, but it was all sideways passes 40+ yards from goal. One or two early forward balls from Maddison at the start but those receiving them were unable to capitalize. After that the front two became static and sideways passes became all too prevalent. The the midfield, Gilbey in particular, are all too keen to turn backwards. Churchington’s goal, at the time, was slightly against the run of play and came out if no where. Bogle’s been crap. Piggot ten times better than both of them combined. 
  • Options
    Not coming back from this 
    Piggott will score another
  • Options
    We need 3 centre halves in the window.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!