Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Sat 12 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    Also, do we still think that a Wales regular wouldn't improve this shit midfield? We have two on the bench and I'd have both on 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Good job we’re so good at coming back from behind then...
    Last time was Boxing Day. 20 games since then we've not managed it. A couple of times I think we managed to scrape a draw (home to Wigan being one of them).

Sorry but I can't see us scoring 2 more.
    Has to happen eventually though doesnt it...
    Only if you have a different mindset & start attacking a bit more. As a pp has just said, we really haven't created anything & balls into the box aren't dangerous enough 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Also, do we still think that a Wales regular wouldn't improve this shit midfield? We have two on the bench and I'd have both on 
    Bit of a stretch calling Levitt a Wales regular
  • Options
    I wish we had Piggott. Class above our forwards.
  • Options
    Maddison has been decent. Bogle has done well with some hold up but again no real goal threat, and strange to not run for the through ball and then moan about it while they went up the other end and scored. Watson does a lot of the dirty work. We just seemed to switch off. Great first goal by the pig, but that second was really poor to concede. Maatsen slow yo get out playing them all onside... But no one marking them was poor as well. We've dominated most of that half without enough threat as per... 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Leuth said:
    Bogle has emerged from a crowd of players with the ball numerous times and laid it off. I don't know what more you want from him with the crap service he's been getting? Yeah he drops too deep, but that's because we wouldn't be able to keep the ball otherwise 
    Not watching, but agree with this from what ive seen of bogle. Hes a firmino type player. 
    Boweyer needs to make it gel. 
    Bogle being compared to Firmino! At least you’ve made me laugh today . 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    How the fuck is Bogle the scapegoat yet again? He's had a good half of hold-up play. He had a miscommunication with Maddison and you're all blaming him for a goal? Get a grip. 

Watson and Gilbey however, open season as far as I'm concerned 
    Watson has been fine when he holds his position. Annoyingly he goes wandering.

Gilbey has been in & out of the game, weird as before his injury he looked much better than he has since. 

Bogle...He's a quandry the good stuff has been good. The bad though has been awful. Falling over more than Williams and strutting about waiting for every pass to come to him...

I'd keep him on til 60mins at least.
  • Options
    We need to come at them out the traps in this half 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Superb goals by Washington and Pigott.
    Poor goal to give away for their second.

Inniss and Famewo are massive misses at the back.

We started so well but being so one paced in midfield in a major problem.

Bogle was having a decent game and was laying the ball off well. I accept Aneke is our main man but Bogle wasn't the culprit.

Pigott is the main scorer in League 1 so the tosspot who told him to fuck off after he was fouled and the score 0-0; well done for giving him even more motivation.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    How the fuck is Bogle the scapegoat yet again? He's had a good half of hold-up play. He had a miscommunication with Maddison and you're all blaming him for a goal? Get a grip. 

Watson and Gilbey however, open season as far as I'm concerned 
    Watson has been fine when he holds his position. Annoyingly he goes wandering.

Gilbey has been in & out of the game, weird as before his injury he looked much better than he has since. 

Bogle...He's a quandry the good stuff has been good. The bad though has been awful. Falling over more than Williams and strutting about waiting for every pass to come to him...

I'd keep him on til 60mins at least.
    Thats a given, its the one thing that Bowyer is so predictable with

I said on the preview that he'll have Bristol Rovers in mind so Aneke to play 30-mins today / 60-mins Tuesday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See if we’ve got the team spirit and fight second half.  Could tell us a lot about the mentality! 
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half... Let's step it up, lads! #cafc
  • Options
    The commentators called it last week. If you don't have pace you need movement. We don't have either. 
  • Options
    I wish we had Piggott. Class above our forwards.
    To be fair, wouldn't have such a free run if we only has some center halves for him to
    come up against would he
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Leuth said:
    Bogle has emerged from a crowd of players with the ball numerous times and laid it off. I don't know what more you want from him with the crap service he's been getting? Yeah he drops too deep, but that's because we wouldn't be able to keep the ball otherwise 
    Not watching, but agree with this from what ive seen of bogle. Hes a firmino type player. 
    Boweyer needs to make it gel. 
    Bogle being compared to Firmino! At least you’ve made me laugh today . 
    That's originally from one of the Charlton Live regulars I think.
  • Options
    No changes... Proof Gilbey gets away with what Morgan and Williams would be hooked for. 
  • Options
    Was going to say better than last week, oh dear.

It was much better but we went to sleep and it's 2-1 down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Great hold up play from Bogle to win that free kick. I'll be keeping tabs on each time fyi
  • Options
    Was going to say better than last week, oh dear.

It was much better but we went to sleep and it's 2-1 down.
    First goal was class from both sides... 

We definitely were left stunned by it.
  • Options
    WHAT a  save from Watson's shot. 
  • Options

1. Post update

Omar Bogle (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 47'

Post update

Foul by Daniel Csoka (AFC Wimbledon).

• Options
    Oof didn't see how that got saved.
  • Options
    Damnit... Should be 2-2
  • Options
    48' Close! Watson's volley from 12 yards produces a superb save from Trueman. #cafc 1 #afcw 2
  • Options
    JFC's delivery from set pieces hasn't been bad today but I'm still surprised Maddison is over them, given whipping the ball in the box is largely what he's about. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!