Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Sat 12 Dec 2020

Comments

• Options
    I love Jason Euell 
  • Options
    No pace.  Not enough width.
    Watson off.  Williams on.  Williams and Madison wide.
    Bogle off, Chuks on.
  • Options
    Bogle has emerged from a crowd of players with the ball numerous times and laid it off. I don't know what more you want from him with the crap service he's been getting? Yeah he drops too deep, but that's because we wouldn't be able to keep the ball otherwise 
  • Options
    Once again, look at it and think ‘we ain’t a team’.
    Absolutely. Total lack of link up and partnerships being formed. 
  • Options
    The second goal, they aren't pushing out after the ball leaves the area for the second ball, they aren't marking players anymore as they are queuing up at the back post to score with not a red shirt in sight, one has to question what the fuck they are actually doing?
  • Options
    I don't like jumping on hot takes, but it's worrying that when the players arrived and jumped straight into the team, the movement and patterns of play were far superior to the period since Bowyer worked on the shape and tactics. I know we had a more solid defence but still, our midfield/defence now are all over the shop, positionally.
  • Options
    Wtf is up with people calling Maddison out? Finally someone playing with creativity and he's singled out - let's get back to playing it along the back line for half the game shall we?
  • Options
    Something seriously wrong here with this run of form. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's clearly trouble at Mill!

Dreadful defending and too much passing back... We have no width as well. 

It's too easy for Wimbledon.

Not sure what the answer is?? 
  • Options
    I'm rather sanguine about it all. We've played quite well & shouldn't be losing.....but we are. No problem though as all we need to do is score more than them to win. Pompey have scored 2 today, Sunderland 3 & Peterborough 4. As I keep in saying.....irs not  how many you let in but how many you score. If we score 3 today I bet we wont lose.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    F**k.

To me it seems like a bit of square pegs in round holes, our system seems non existent?

Bogle is clearly good at holding the ball, but we don't play wingers or a nippy striker Infront of him to feed. Maddison clearly has a talented peg on him and vision but we don't have the pace to chase his chips or the aerial players to win any chances in the air. We have a loaded midfield but none of them have any real pace or quality/creativity to make something happen, so many sideway passing merchants.

Another very boring game to watch. We don't look like a team at all and it depresses me watching this compared to the likes of Taylor, Grant, Cullen, Bielik and Aribo. Ah well 
  • Options
    I was advised by many that we were going to walk this league. 
  • Options
    Not sure why they turn the tannoy on in the east stand . You can’t hear a bloody word that’s said . 
  • Options
    1-1 would have been a fair score at HT, Gunter had to clear one off the line, with a suspicion of hand ball

We've been better than in the previous 2 matches, but still not great moving forward

Maddison started well, but seemed to slightly fade as the half progressed
  • Options
    We’re too frightened to attack, team feels more comfortable with ball playing in Defence. Next match to decide on is £10 bottle of wine or this shit again 
  • Options
    Are we all agreed then?
    Aneke & Williams >> Bogle & Gilbey
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers 2-0 up against Plymouth, hitting form ahead of Tuesday...
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    The second goal, they aren't pushing out after the ball leaves the area for the second ball, they aren't marking players anymore as they are queuing up at the back post to score with not a red shirt in sight, one has to question what the fuck they are actually doing?
    I was shouting at the screen. It looked like they were walking around talking to each other as if they thought play had stopped. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TS wanted 5-4 wins and LB is trying to please him, but cannot get it quite right yet
  • Options
    Totally in control and then BOOM we find ourselves behind at the break. I’m confused by our strikers. They seem to spend most of the time out wide. They’re no threat out on the flanks. We need to get balls and players in the box. Still, the new Valley Pass service is superb. We had a great view of the Wimbledon goals 
  • Options
    Either Bowyer doesn't actually know what kinda team he's got and doesn't know how to best play them. 

Or he's trying to implement a style that these players just aren't up to. The attack in particular these past few weeks have been dire. 
  • Options
    Once again, look at it and think ‘we ain’t a team’.
    Mate, you notice it so much more at the game. There’s so little togetherness, it’s so ponderous and there is literally nothing in the final third. 
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers 2-0 up against Plymouth, hitting form ahead of Tuesday...
    Doing well under Tisdale, starting to get some momentum
  • Options
    I would take Gilby off and put Williams on. Move FC to the left.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Bogle has emerged from a crowd of players with the ball numerous times and laid it off. I don't know what more you want from him with the crap service he's been getting? Yeah he drops too deep, but that's because we wouldn't be able to keep the ball otherwise 
    Not watching, but agree with this from what ive seen of bogle. Hes a firmino type player. 
    Boweyer needs to make it gel. 
  • Options
    Not sure why they turn the tannoy on in the east stand . You can’t hear a bloody word that’s said . 
    Pardon?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!