Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Peterborough V Charlton 29th Dec - Postponed**

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Lot of heartless b#stards on here.
    Ok I go with that though make Peterborough play on the 11th day.
    I wonder what the attitude would be though if a couple of our players got coronavirus and they topped up in a bad way.
    We then got the other team saying come on you've had your 10 days.
    Luckily enough it seems none of the players in any of the leagues have suffered badly from coronavirus.
    @clb74 Top of page 3 I asked you about the question you raised which appeared to refer to a hypothetical situation two months down the line. You didn't respond, so I don't know if I misunderstood. 

Again here you appear to be referring to a hypothetical situation "...if a couple of our players got coronavirus and they topped up in a bad way.".  

Now, I am reading this (and again, I may misunderstand) as you saying we would be upset if two of our players were seriously ill with covid, and the rest of the now fit and clear to play squad, were required to play on the 11th day? If your problem is with playing when someone in the squad is seriously ill, then 10, 20 or 30 days makes absolutley no difference to that scenario, does it? They are ill no matter when the next game is played. Are you saying if that happens, all a club's games should be postponed until the player is better?  

On the other hand, if no one gets seriously ill (and as you say, that is the most likely outcome as "...none of the players in any of the leagues have suffered badly from coronavirus."), then a game has been postponed for no reason. I have no problem with the rule being 12, 14 or 24 days - whatever - but once it is set, it needs to be adhered to.          

Morning Algarve.
    I'm not really bothered how we do it.
    In my post above yours I did put nice to see the efl take leadership.
    You talk about the 10,20 30 day scenario , worst case scenario a player tops up dying on day 18 might even be our player are we saying play the game Saturday because that's the rules.

Bloody hell @clb74 - move the goalposts why don't ya...

Suddenly you are talking about players dying, that's a totally different discussion from the one we are having. 

I genuinely don't understand what you are on about now - what do you think should happen? 

FWIW I think that if the players are not allowed contact with each other for 10 days, then in order for a couple of training sessions to take place before resuming they EFL should say the team plays on or after the 15th day. No argument then.      
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Hull v Lincoln is now off on the 29th

Nothing on our game at Hull as yet - What the hell is going on, or can clubs just postpone games at will now!!
  • Options

Nothing on our game at Hull as yet - What the hell is going on, or can clubs just postpone games at will now!!
    The Christmas programme has been decimated, starting to lose track as to how many games each team is now playing!
  • Options

I dont think they can.
    Whether the Efl are talking b#llocks or not,
    But on the Portsmouth statement it said efl will investigate.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I dont think they can.
    The EFL must have 10 clubs to investigate then!
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I dont think they can.
    We should expect a speedie resolution then, seeing they take so long with everything else
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I dont think they can.
    We all know how useless the EFL are.
    I cant believe nothing was put in place at the start of the season.
    We had Sunderland the other week playing a game because they wasnt sure whether to call it off or not.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

I dont think they can.
    We all know how useless the EFL are.
    I cant believe nothing was put in place at the start of the season.
    We had Sunderland the other week playing a game because they wasnt sure whether to call it off or not.

Perhaps you should ask for a job with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Hull City's fixture with Lincoln City on Tuesday, 29 December is off after positive Covid-19 tests at the Tigers.

Hull informed the EFL they were unable to play the game after an undisclosed number of positive tests at the club.

Their League One match with Sunderland on Saturday had already been postponed after a coronavirus outbreak in the Black Cats squad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55438428

• Options
    Covid  in the Hull  team so unlikely our match on 2nd Jan will go ahead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And then you've got Blackpool with 2 positive cases playing thier match.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Covid  in the Hull  team so unlikely our match on 2nd Jan will go ahead
    Handy to have an excuse to call games off against 2 of your promotion rivals when you are currently in a run of bad form. Also funny how players are never named. Something stinks about all this. 
    To be fair, you have a point. We have seen many clubs cancel games from having 2 players test positive. That doesn’t happen elsewhere. Man City have announced Jesus and Walker as positive, their game against Newcastle will go ahead as planned tomorrow.

There are many, I believe, using the positive cases as an excuse when they could quite easily continue to play games without those players.

When we had all those injuries last season we didn’t say, “Sorry everyone, we got too many players out, we’re cancelling until they’re back”.

I know the situation is different and this is a virus etc, but you can’t say that clubs are not using it to their advantage when it very much seems as though they are. 
  • Options
    Thing is, it just means we're all going to have to play til June or July and games will be twice a week and three times a week if they can fit them in at times to catch up
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Blackpool's game against Rochdale has now been called off
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Blackpool's game against Rochdale has now been called off
    Rochdale called it off they have positive case.

• Options
    5 games off tomorrow with cases at 6 clubs.
  • Options
    EFL have really screwed up here by not having regulations in place. 

Should not be possible for a team to cancel with just one or two infections, yet others have continued to play. 

Hull definitely using this because they are in a bad run. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Should not be possible for a team to cancel with just one or two infections, yet others have continued to play. 

They will investigate.
    I can see it all going tits up

• Options
    clb74 said:
    5 games off tomorrow with cases at 6 clubs.
    Weird that 5 games are off in L1 but none in L2. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    stonemuse said:

They will investigate.

They will probably investigate & will probably find Hull DO have 2 players that have testive positive. 

HOWEVER ........have the EFL actually set out terms as to when you can or can not call off a game. 1 player tested positive....?  2 ?? Or like us having players in isolation (Morgan & Oshilaja) could we have called the games off then. 

Typical of the EFL - no transparency anywhere.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    stonemuse said:

They will investigate.

They will probably investigate & will probably find Hull DO have 2 players that have testive positive. 

HOWEVER ........have the EFL actually set out terms as to when you can or can not call off a game. 1 player tested positive....?  2 ?? Or like us having players in isolation (Morgan & Oshilaja) could we have called the games off then. 

Typical of the EFL - no transparency anywhere.
    I can see a team like Sunderland following this very closely.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55454144

Sunderland postpone a 4th game, vs Accrington on Tuesday. By the sound of things they've had it much worse than other clubs, with a large number of their squad affected
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    sam3110 said:
    So win tomorrow and hope a couple of others draw and we could be up by PPG if they call off the season at the end of 2020
    They're not going to promote or relegate clubs when less than half the season has been played
    Anyway, the bombshell has yet to fall in many people's minds. We've f***** up for years on long term solutions to our environmental problems. This virus will be the first of many. Get used to your whole lives being like this and live miserably in permanence, or live your lives freely again until you die.
    Weapons grade bah humbug right there.....
    ? Weapons?
  • Options
    This delay still pisses me off... We should be playing tomorrow.
  • Options
    8 games scheduled for January
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    8 games scheduled for January
    Although that's before any threat of winter bad weather.

• Options
    Maybe we could sell Doughty if he is determined to be a traitor and buy a boiler to attach to the pipes we have under the pitch.
  • Options
    So the Accrington manager wants to extend the season.
    The problem is weve got to play 8 games in January,  if then we extend the season after January it would mean other teams get more time to play their games.