Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Peterborough V Charlton 29th Dec - Postponed**

12346»

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    So the Accrington manager wants to extend the season.
    The problem is weve got to play 8 games in January,  if then we extend the season after January it would mean other teams get more time to play their games.
    Every other team will be in the same position, rearranging games in January and February. Accrington are 2 games behind us
  • Options
    Maybe we could sell Doughty if he is determined to be a traitor and buy a boiler to attach to the pipes we have under the pitch.
    Perhaps we should just behead him for being a ‘traitor’ and stick his head on the pipes. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Maybe we could sell Doughty if he is determined to be a traitor and buy a boiler to attach to the pipes we have under the pitch.
    Perhaps we should just behead him for being a ‘traitor’ and stick his head on the pipes. 
    But that won't prevent a frosty pitch!
  • Options
    6.30pm? Can’t they at least make it 7pm to give me a chance to get home from work, walk the dogs, change, and sit down in time to catch the kick-off. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    The problem is weve got to play 8 games in January,  if then we extend the season after January it would mean other teams get more time to play their games.
    Every other team will be in the same position, rearranging games in January and February. Accrington are 2 games behind us
    After January I've counted another 7 "spare" midweek slots that games can be fitted into. It's hardly what I call fixture congestion

I think we must have a lot of young posters on here who don't remember the old days of cup replays until a tie was settled. And winters were harsher then. Remember the FA Cup reply with Spurs that we couldn't play for almost a month. When was the last time we called a game off for snow or a frozen pitch. Probably only about 2 or 3 times in the last decade.
  • Options
    6.30pm? Can’t they at least make it 7pm to give me a chance to get home from work, walk the dogs, change, and sit down in time to catch the kick-off. 
    Get the wife to walk the dogs & sit in your whistle to watch the match. There's an answer to everything....😄.

Btw. 6.30pm is the time we usually sit down to have dinner in the Golfie household. Looks like the young lady of the house will get her Dominoes delivery after all.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Accrington have 6 league games in January.
    So if all goes to plan at the end of January  they will have played 4 less than us.
    If we were to extend the season they would get longer to play their games.
  • Options
    So unfair for us to be playing these back to back midweek/weekend games , especially when we have performed so admirably well when we have had a full week or two’s training with no interruptions in recent times .